A cool Simpsons DVD Bonus Idea...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DeathStar1, Sep 15, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I'm just getting through the second edition of the Simpsons Episode Guide. In the back, towards all the extra stuff, they have a semi complete list of all the major characters done by the main VA's.
    Since Fox dosn't seem to want to ruin the illusion by having us see the Actors do the characters, why not this... Have the name, Harry Shearer, Appear on the top of the screen. Suddenly, Kent Brockman appears... "Hi, my name is Kent Brockman. Our top story today, This man, Harry Shearer(Picture pops up to the right), provides my voice for the Simpsons!." Then, have the rest of his characters all come on the screen, talking at once.
    Could be a fun little bit [​IMG].

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Probably too cost prohibitive, but I quite like the idea, myself[​IMG]

3. Mike Ackerman

Mike Ackerman Auditioning

Is Harry Shearer in any of the commentaries on the Simpsons DVDs? I'm a big Harry Shearer fan, and I didn't see his name listed in the extras on the box.

4. WillG

WillG Producer

Yeah, I guess it would be kind of cool to have a subtitle track to indicate which actors did which voices. I'm still hoping for a full documentary on the making of "The Simpsons"

5. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    I believe Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer did not record commentaries on season 3.

6. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit

7. MartinTeller

MartinTeller Screenwriter

Umm... huh? This makes no sense. Do you mean during an episode, or what? Why all talking at once? Can I have some of what you're smoking?

8. Ian_H

Ian_H Supporting Actor

9. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    hank azaria was on the NHL NETWORK a couple weeks ago picking games in the voices of his characters.
    he picked twice actually, once for the voice and once for himself.

10. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

Sounds like a decent idea, but do we really need something else to delay these DVDs [​IMG]

11. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

All the actors have done live readings before in front of an audience. The one I specifically remember was 4-5 years ago at the annual Aspen Comedy Festival. All the main voice actors were on stage with Matt Groening doing a live script reading of a classic episode. Matt read the narration in between dialogue. I heard it was hilarious and I'd love to see that kind of extra included on a future set.

12. Mike Ackerman

Mike Ackerman Auditioning

So can anyone veryfy if Harry Shearer is in any of the commentaries or extras on any of the disks? I listen to his radio program every week, and he seems to have real contempt for Rupert Murdoch and FOX.

13. DeanWG

DeanWG Stunt Coordinator

Shearer and Castellaneta were on Conan O'Brien sometime last year. Conan would yell out scenerios for the two, and they would voice-act them out with all the characters they did. Watching Castellaneta doing Homer, Krusty and Groundskeeper Willie having conversations with each other was great! Shearer threw in some Burns and Smithers talk as well, which was also funny.