What's new

700-600$ speakers (1 Viewer)

BarOr

Stunt Coordinator
I'm about to buy 500$ receiver (it will probably be Marantz sr5400 or Onkyo st-sr601) and I'm looking for two front speakers and center speaker for 700-600$. Do you have any recommendations for good speakers?
Thank you

Joey_V

Second Unit
axioms have great speakers... i also like klipsch speakers.

these are all purely my opinions.

for axioms, i recommend the axiom m22ti for the front and one of their centers. for klipsch, i recommend getting some rf-15 or 25 for fronts and a klipsch rc-25 for center.

u may need a sub for either one though. just my thoughts.

JamesCB

Second Unit
Take a selection of your favorite CD's and DVD's and go out and listen to as many speakers as you can. Speaker selection is very subjective. What sounds good to one person may not sound good to you.

Besides, posting a general question: "reccomendations for good speakers?" could yield you hundereds of answers.

My$ $0.02
James

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I agree with James wholeheartedly, but, if the Onkyo is a strong possibility, I'd recommend auditioning some Boston Acoustics (the CR line, with your budget). I have Bostons paired with my Integra DTR 6.4 (gussied up Onkyo 701) and I find the sound fantastic. But, as James correctly points out, your ears have to decide, not ours. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks