What's new

500 Movie Reviews -and- Thanks Guys! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
So I'm going to reshape my signature tomorrow and get rid of that silly countdown, but I wanted to say THANKS to all my HTF pals for reading my reviews and offering me feedback.
I've been looking forward to this milestone for a while, and now I'm intent on just writing more and more. :) I've been thrilled to share my articles with the HTF membership because I feel that this is one of the best places on the internet for movie fans to congregate. (You would not believe how many 'flames' I've gotten at other sites/through emails solely from people who disagree with my opinions...and quite angrily I might add.)
It's rare for a reviewer to get any form of feedback, which is why I value my HTF membership so highly. Much like any artist (yes, I consider writing - even movie reviews - an art), I love to know how my efforts are received. I'm certain that my writing skills have improved since I started posting my reviews here.
Since 90% of my waking life is spent dealing with movies, I consider the HTF community an invaluable asset. Just like I have a great group of "real life friends", I'm grateful to also have a group like this to share my opinions and predictions with. Plus, you guys know a HELL of a lot more about film than do my college buddies! :laugh:
Forgive me for posting this in the Movies forum, but this is my favorite spot and it's also where the real movie freaks (and the people who've read my reviews) hang out. Again, thanks a lot for all your support. I look forward to the dozens of cool movies we'll be discussing together for the next few years.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Well done on getting to 500 Scott. I enjoy reading your reviews on a weekly basis and while I may not agree with all the reviews, I still trust your knowledge of film and your writing makes for a good read. As long as you keep writing them i'll keep reading them :).
The Movies section is my favorite part on the forum as well and while I haven't been posting all that much recently, I'm still very much alive - i've just been reading a lot of the discussions going on.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott,
I really appreciate your contributions here and look forward with you continuing with your reviews. However, how can you get "We are soldiers" review so wrong?;) Anyhow, thanks for providing the forum your unique insights.
Crawdaddy

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Dear Pal Scott:
Congrats on the milestone. Whenever I'm looking for some reliable feedback, I usually find a reliable reviewer, otherwise it's you.:D In all seriousness, you always provide me with an entertaining read, and more often than not, our "views" are pretty much the same. I find myself putting more weight into your reviews than most others any more. Scary, huh? Funny, me relying on reviews from an Eagles fan. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks