What's new

5.1 versus 6.1/7.1 and more... (1 Viewer)

reed hunt

Agent
Real Name
Reed
One more “informational” post.

The total cost (materials and labor) for all of my wiring was $1,150. This included:

•Wiring for all speakers for a 6.1 system (RG6 wires),
•3” PVC pipe into the crawlspace,
•3” PVC pipe into the attic and run across the top of the room into the back wall (behind where the TV will go,
•Moving the existing 3-way cable outside splitter into a new cable cabinet installed in garage, including the addition of a 6-way powered splitter,
•Two runs of quad wire (coaxial speaker wire/TV cable/cat 5 wire) from the garage – one run to the equipment closet (about 35 feet) another run under the house to the kitchen, about 60 feet,
•Wiring for two ceiling-mounted speakers (terminating in equipment closet) in an adjoining room (part of a several-room “house system” that already existed)
•Moving an existing telephone line,
•Moving an existing cable line and running an additional line from the new location to the equipment closet (about 15 feet),
•And probably a couple of other things I forgot…

This work was done by an experience tech who did the work on his own time. I have been told that if he were to have done this through his company, the price would have been 2-3 times as much…

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Yep... our hourly rate is $80 per man/hour. Usually two guys on the site so $160 and hour labor plus materials....

"YOU GOT A GREAT DEAL"!!!

couldn't help that... just got done watching Deal or no Deal..:)

reed hunt

Agent
Real Name
Reed
Chuckle.

Thanks for the confirmation.

And, I like that show, too - not sure what it is, but it's appealing (maybe it's the simplicity, maybe it's the guy in the booth...!):laugh:

homthtr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I heard from someone that he acutally has a full head of hair? The shiny blad head is just a Bald wig????

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks