What's new

350.00 for ear-bud style headphones? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
http://etymotic.com/
not sure if these are worth 350 dollars. :eek:

but they sure do have me curious. anyone ever listen to one of these?
don't worry. i won't be pickin' these up anytime soon...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I haven't had a chance to audition those, but there's nothing but positive reviews for Etymotic earphones. I am considering getting these for myself....

The B&O A8. $150.00 and they sound great too.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah...the website i heard of these from (www.head-fi.org) also had pretty glowing reviews - but for that price they better also cook me dinner.
if you do pick them up be sure to post a review. i am curious...
ted

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't decided whether to get the B&O A8 becuase it's so damn much money for earbud-style earphones. My ears are also spoiled by the sound quality of the Grado SR60 ($70.00). Also realize that part of the $150.00 B&O charges for the A8 is for the name "B&O". Personally, I am hoping Grado will come out with some earbud-style earphones....

Chris Barker

Auditioning
Yes, the etymotics are worth it. Keep in mind that they have to be seated in your ears correctly and some don't like the way they fit. Walt Mossberg recently did a review for the WSJ that included a re-badged version of the cheaper ($120) etymotics (which I haven't heard but are similar to the expensive ones I own). He liked the sound but not the fit. He ended up liking the Sony's best. Keep in mind that Etymotic is a hearing aid company and really understands the human ear. While you're at it check out their earplugs that are perfect for concerts. They let through all frequencies but bring the volume down to manageable levels.
-CB
Walt's article can be found here:
http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/solution-20021211.html

Joe Burger

Auditioning
I've had these for about two years. They don't bother me at all being in my ears. That said, they are the most amazing headphone I've ever used. The fequency responce and deep bass you get out of these is truly amazing. I used to travel a lot and the 20db noise isolation they give is great on a plane. They are expensive, but I think they are worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks