What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
True, but the impression I got was that was more of a smoke screen to the cost factor. A way of justifying it to the fans even though cost was the main reason. Just the impression I got, I'm probably wrong.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, "Africa" is pretty general. If they were going to set it in a desert, yeah, that's easy enough to do in California. A jungle might be a little tougher. But if Jack's supposed to specifically be in Cairo or Algiers or Cape Town, or even just a generic African city with a lot of regional architecture, and you want a fair amount of supporting characters and/or extras with the proper look and accent, it can cost more to recreate it on a Hollywood backlot than just to go where those things and people are. Especially for a show like 24, where you might not be able to keep the camera low to the ground and centered on a very specific area, what with all the running and chasing and shooting going on.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
http://blog.zap2it.com/comic_con/200...mment-77554086

Apparently, season 7 is going to take place in Washington, D.C.

- CTU has been disbanded, and Jack is testifying before the Senate about everything he has done.

- Jack and Chloe are the only "reported" characters returning.

- Tony Almeida might not be dead after all. A proposed finale for last season had a "familiar voice" saying, "there's a lot we need to talk about" as Jack stared out at the ocean.

My only other request: Please bring back the brilliant Jude Ciccollela as Mike Novik. A season of "24" is simply better when Novik is involved.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for that link, Travis. Good read. Even though S6 was the worst year of the show by far, I still have hope that they'll come back strong with a great S7. :emoji_thumbsup:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I always thought they skipped the silent clock for Tony because of two things- they used it for Edgar in the episode right before Tony died and the music really swells into the 'clock sound' at the end of the episode as opposed to the score just getting cut off by silence.

For what it's worth, I think Tony is dead... until they can think of a way to bring him back. :)

mylan

Screenwriter

At this point, who knows? I read somewhere (no linky, sorry) that production had been postponed again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It's total guess work based on when Fox released the S3 to S5 DVDs and when S4 to S6 started airing. For the last three years, the DVDs came out in the first week of December and the show started on a Sunday in the middle of January.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
(1) I loved Edgar, was sad that he died, but giving Edgar a silent clock and not Tony? Bad decision.
(2) Maybe - but it's not like they couldn't have had the scoring changed to accommodate a silent clock.

I acknowledge that the producers did probably intend that he was dead. But the way they executed this, without a silent clock, and just leaving the body never to be seen or referenced ever again, does leave room for him to survive - remember, this is the guy that was shot in the neck and was running around 4 hours later. So if they want to bring him back, great. He deserved a better death than being overshadowed by Edgar.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Ugh, as if last season wasn't tough enough to get through now they've announced that Janeane Garofalo will be part of the cast for season 7. I have never liked her in anything and honestly can't see how she will add anything to the show. Hell, I didn't know she was even in show business anymore. :frowning:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just checked out the IMDB and Janeane Garafalo has been doing lots of work lately and it's more dramatic roles (like The West Wing). I did like her on Seinfeld and her cameo on The Sopranos back in the second season was funny. The only dramatic work I've seen of hers was a small role in Copland and she was pretty good. Either way, I'd bet that she's only going to be in about four to six episodes.

I was wondering what the hell they were thinking when Mary Lynn Rajskub (who I only knew from comedies) came on the show in S3 and that worked out so hopefully Garofalo can pull off a dramatic role.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Geez what has Poor Janine Garofolo Done to earn such Hatred? Can't be anything she's done onscreen, and Her Off Screen Leanings should have little bearing to the work she's done as an actress.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't tell you (although, admittedly, I'm still trying to figure out when all of America apparently turned on Rosie O'Donnell).

She's a pretty good actress, and despite being mostly known for comedy, she can probably do more.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've got no problem with Janeane Garafalo or her (or any actor's) politics. My only 'fear' is having a comedic actress in a drama but, as has been pointed out, she's been doing dramatic work for years now. Plus, I can't imagine that the producers and casting director are stunt casting Janeane Garafalo to get ratings so if they're good with her, I think it's safe to assume that they feel she's the right person for the part so I'll hope for the best.

EDIT: One thing that I forgot earlier that I thought she was great on was The Larry Sanders Show but everything was great about that show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks