Hilarious!!!:laugh:

Great Star Trek reference!!

I'm bummed I didn't think of it! But glad you did!:laugh:

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
dont forget DS9 :P

i think they should show more of jack bauer next year. 2much soap is no good. all we need is show abandoned mill/factories of terrorist/baddies and jack going in and cleaning them out like a video game... speaking of which... that'd a pretty interesting VG. i know there's been a VG or two, how were they? :laugh:

MatS

Screenwriter
even if it came out at $20, which it will not, I will be passing
the only hole in my otherwise complete set of 24 seasons

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The missiles fired weren't heat seekers and locked to a stationary target (the platform), not a moving target (the chopper).

I wasn't talking about how the missile would behave. My point was that the idea was to destroy the platform to destroy the circuit board, so why let a chopper leaving the scene just go on its merry way?

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

They had a cool split screen of cameras shooting the scene from 180 degrees apart, which you could never do in real life because the two cameras would see each other.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK

As much as you like to repeat yourself, there was never any mention in the episode that the White House was aware it was Buchanan and Bauer in the helicopter. As a matter of fact, there's no mention that they even see the helicopter at all.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If the White House didn't know about the helicopter at all, that would answer Chris' question about why they would just let it fly away from the oil rig.

So the White House either knew it was Jack in the helicopter or they didn't know it was there but I can't think of any (logical) reason for them to shoot at the helicopter.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I have'nt watched the Final 2 shows yet, hope to soon I have them sitting on my Apple TV. But was'nt there talk last year of a Feature Film that was to be sandwiched between seasons much like the X Files Film was. Anyone know if that is still something they are going to do ?

How about Next Season Jack Gets trapped on the Space Shuttle trying to difuse a terrorist plot and having to battle the Bad guys on the International Space Station.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Last I heard, the movie is on hold until the series is over. I always wondered how they would shoot a season, shoot the movie and then shoot the next season all in a row like that. I guess they realized that they couldn't. :)

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike

The only reason they would not shoot the helicopter down was if they knew it was a "friendly" and could verify this both before and after it left the platform. Both the electronics in the planes and the satellite available to CTU and the military (White House) would have shown the copter approaching the oil platform and the copter leaving the platform.

If that was not the case the military jets would have been instructed to shoot the copter down as they would not have known if it had been taken over by insurgents that could have still had the circuit board.

In fact, I was fully expecting the jets to attack the copter with Jack jumping to the ocean just before the missiles hit and killing "all aboard". Thus, leaving Jack to become anonymous and "die" once again.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
For what it’s worth here is my take on the whole F/A-18 v helo issue. While the F/A-18s were on their approach, they just didn’t see the helo since the pilots were concentrating on the target. Also, since the helo was flying low to the water, their radar may not have picked it up. When the fighters fired their missiles, the helo just took off and the missiles impacted. The helo’s presence could have been masked by the fireball and explosion since it did hover close the platform while Bill was picking up Jack. Also, of course, the helo was on the opposite side of the platform from the direction the planes were flying from. And, once the explosions happened, the planes were RTB, which means their radar was pointing in the wrong direction. But ultimately, we are talking about “24” which exists in an alternate reality where the laws of common sense don’t apply.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Another thing: hearing the helicopter coming caused them to leave the platform early, thus endangering the plan. Phillip almost got off the platform with the chip. But all's well that ends well....

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
That works for me. (And I also thought Bill, Josh and Cheng would bite it while Jack plunged into the ocean.) I also noticed that the sattelite feed was grainy, with low contrast resolution. We weren't given a very good look at the feed, but it was obvious that it was a visible-spectrum spy sattelite, which is considerably handicapped at night. At the time, I convinced myself that the helo just wasn't visible from the sattelite feed.

Also, we should take away this valuable tip from this episode: If someone is shooting at you, DON'T take cover behind stacks of barrells of explosive petroleum product. ;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
That reminds me: was Philip in fact carrying the circuit board when he got shot, yes? I wonder why Jack didn't demand it, or search him for it and take it, to ensure that it was recovered, or destroyed (by Jack himself). After all, Philip might have dragged his sorry ass to the boat and escaped with the board.

Louis C

Supporting Actor

Yeah, Chang said "Here take the chip" and gave it to him on the platform.

I wondered why Chang trusted him, and why he didn't just get on the boat and kill Philip.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
FYI, there is a 24 animated web series called 24 Day Zero.

I think he told the kid that he just wanted to make everyone believe he would kill Josh, but that he wouldn't have really done it.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought Cheng handed him something else - some type of GPS device to get him where he needed to be.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

IIRC, the first couple of seasons they did plan ahead a bit but found that they burned through material much faster than they expected. So what seemed like enough ideas for 12 or more episodes on paper turned out only to be enough material for 4 or 5 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks