What's new

24: Season Six thread (2 Viewers)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The other day, I listened to a podcast with Howard Gordon (recorded the day after the finale aired), who was asked about the fate of Pres. Logan. His response (which I'll spoilerize, just in case):
"As far as I'm concerned, he is definitely not dead." He then went on to say that if they could come up with a story line for him in the future, they would use him again, although admitting they don't have story lines for many people planned yet.
There's your answer.

The ~15 minute podcast is found here.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Definitely the worst season. I thought the whole thing with Jack's family was just plain silly. What's next, are we going to see that Jack's mom was the actual mastermind?

This used to be "can't miss" on TV, but this season, I was content watching it online, on a puny screen (which I normally hate). I loved the show enough to keep up with it in hopes to turn itself around, and to help bypass the time at work.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I do want to say that I'm very happy that they didn't trot out the "Jack, your nephew is really your son" plotline that many had theorized earlier in the season. I was half expecting it to pop up in the last few episodes.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think the writers recognized that the innuendo was much more fun than the reveal possibly could be.

Although I'm kind of surprised Kim was barely mentioned after episode 1. She must have moved East or abroad or something, because she'd have to be a tempting hostage for Cheng or Philip. And it would make for many more hilarious the-Bauers-are-way-more-dysfunctional-than-your-family moments.

"Kim? It's Dad? I don't have time to explain, but if your grandfather shows up, shoot him in the head!"

"See? This is why I spend all the holidays with Mom's relatives!"

etc.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
From what I read on Wikipedia, Kim's last known residence was in Valencia. So it sounds like she could have been killed by her own grandfather and uncle.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Damn, just read on TVGuide.com that at one point the producers seriously considered bring back Tony at the very end of the finale. I like Tony and all but that really would have been awful.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
IN TV guide it says the same thing but says that they would have had a really hard time explaining how he would have escaped the explosion.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I don't mind that they won't be shooting in Africa as long as they're going to shoot somewhere outside the U.S. It's a very big world so I don't think they'll have any problems coming up with an alternate locale. Besides, what the hell would Jack do in Africa? I don't want to see him torturing a giraffe or an elephant. "TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS"!!! :D

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Beside giraffes and elephants, I believe there are human terrorists in Africa, so Jack would have had plenty to do. There are even non-terrorist humans. I've seen them.

--
H

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My guess is that Jack was not going to be in Africa (like how he's not in Washington, D.C. but portions of 24 storylines take place there).

If he had been in Africa, I would have wanted to see him fight a lion... and win.:)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I liked the idea of him out in the jungle completely removed from civilization better. And yes, I did know there were humans, both terrorist and non-terrorist, in Africa. I think I learned that from like Survivor or The Amazing Race.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
According to executive producer Howard Gordon, the decision to scratch the Africa storyline was mutual between the show and Fox because they couldn't make the story work (and it was too expensive). I'm glad to see they aren't afraid to say that what they had done wasn't working and scrapped it.

They intended to have Jack in Africa and they were going to skip 12 hours (!) of the day to get him back to the United States.

Some light spoilers for S7:
http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2257

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't understand why they couldn't just shoot it somewhere else and say it's Africa. Looks like more of the same for season 7...oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks