What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
When asked about Logan, Howard Gordon (an executive producer on the show) said that no one is dead on 24 until they're in the ground so it sounds like he'll back at some point. Although it'll be pretty tough to shoe horn him into these last three episodes.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
I thought the Chinese were breaking into CTU to get Morris so he could reprogram the chip for them. Guess he'll have to save the day another way next week.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I thought Logan was dead. She stabbed him and he went into cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital and thus died. Regardless, he's not Jack, so he can't come back from such a serious problem and still matter in this season. With everything else going on there'd be no reason for him to be spoken of by anyone else until the various crises are done with.

How long has Milo been around? I didn't watch season 1, so I don't remember him from that. But he's so blah he's never stood out before he became such a whiner in this season.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I had left him off the body count list until it seemed like they weren't ever going back to him and I figured that the audience was supposed to think he was dead.

EDIT: I removed him from the list now though.

John Watson

Screenwriter
It really is getting hilarious. I used to watch 24 as an antidote to Alias, in that there was some realism to it.

But the crazy sewer connection, Big Bad Daddy's return (I'm another whose confused, I thought Daddy Bauer let the kid go, I thought he really wasn't trying to aid, but thwart all these foreign villains), and the endless coy interaction between all these whiners at CTU, has long become parody.

Like another poster, I was thinking Morris was the package, who could rejig whatever gadget the Chines had to get operational. I was ready to hoot when he was kidnapped again :)

Yes, as was asked, how is this Chinese connection not 1,000 times more improbable than the foofarah over the incursion at the Chinese embassy last season. He is a rogue mindermast? And for a similar reaason, why is the threat of an ex-super-power (Russia) to 'retaliate', not countered by another of the VP's tirade about bombing them back, just to show he can't be pushed around.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor

The writers/producers/whoever could have had such a huge shock value if they wanted to. Not that it would have saved the season but just imagine if it had gone down:

Karen: "No, Bill, I have to fire you."
Bill: "Do what you must, but my place is here."
Karen: "To bad I couldn't reach you right away, I'll try to catch up in a few hours to finish this conversation."
Bill: "I understand, now I need to get back to work."

Cut to the next hour, Chinese break in:

Bad Guy: "Who is in charge here?"
Bill: "I am. Bill Buchanon, head of of CTU Los Angeles."
Bad Guy: "BLAM!!"

24 Audience: "HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!"

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
24 is just going down the list of technical disciplines: computers, military, traffic, urology -- welcome to the club!

At least Nadia doesn't have to choose between Milo and Doyle.

The writers need some characters that the audience cares about to appear as cameos next season. And if just-fine-after-driving-off-a-cliff Heller is any indication, Logan is not dead.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Hallelujah! Now THAT was the 24 I know and love. Great penultimate episode and it looks like the 2 hr. season finale is going to be stellar as well. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It was a good episode for the opening 20 minutes or so, but then it got bogged down with the Lisa/Russian subplot (yawn), and then the chase for Cheng and Joshua was okay until the very end with Grandpa Bauer pulling more strings. But glad that we got just 2 more hours to make it through this day.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
I thought this was an excellent episode as well. I certainly liked the ending with Josh being put into jeopardy by CTU right after Jack assures him that nothing will ever happen to him or his mom.

For about thirty minutes I wondered what the hell happened to Morris. They showed him trying to put a guy in a chokehold when Jack and Nadia were fighting and then all of a sudden he totally disappeared...never saw him after Doyle burst in. He wasn't seen again for a half-hour when they finally showed him sitting at his desk.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I meant to say this last week, but totally forgot. Hasn't anyone at CTU ever seen Die Hard with a Vengeance? Jeez.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Man, why isn't Bryan Spicer the lead director on this show rather than John Cassar? These were some of the best action sequences all year, and Spicer's good with the split-screen stuff, too.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Agreed. This episode demonstrated the best use of the split screen better than any I can recall, even from the first season. Very well done.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I love Cassar's work on the show but Bryan Spicer has done some great work this year (like episode 17 with the sequence where Jack kills Fayed and his men and stops the suitcase nukes). On the commentaries, one of the producers said that want to have Spicer on the show more but he's always doing other shows. I'm hoping they bring aboard as a producer/director next year.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

So far he's done the only two episodes that really blew me away this year(ep. 17 and last night) so I agree that he might be the man for the job. Jon Cassar has always done great work on the show, but for whatever reason he hasn't been on top of his game this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks