What's new

24: Season Six thread (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For the most part, I agree. I think changing it to 24 differenet days would be a catastrophe but I do think changing the locale is an interesting idea. Although it probably won't happen since it'd be pretty hard to make all the Los Angeles exterior locations look like another city for an entire year. I know there's plenty of shows that take place in other cities but they probably don't have as much location shooting as they do on 24.

I've said it before but I think the drop in ratings is a combo of the quality of the episodes and the natural drop off that all shows hit.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Dang. I was sort of hoping Heller would come back to take over Bill's post as director of CTU LA.

Ever since last week, I've been wondering who they can bring back to fill the spot.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Why do I have the feeling that maybe Chloe committed suicide?

Because you have some good drugs? Where did that theory come from?

Palmer wasn't on the episode- maybe he killed himself, too.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
My guess on Chloe, and I'll spoilerize in case it's true...

Chloe probably got captured by the Chinese who put her in some Morris-esque situations.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Episode 21
106. CTU Security Guard/Chinese Assault Team Member
107. CTU Security Guard/Chinese Assault Team Member
108. CTU Security Guard/Chinese Assault Team Member
109. Chinese Assault Team Member/Jack
110. Chinese Assault Team Member/Jack
111. Chinese Assault Team Member/Jack
112. Milo Pressman/Zhou
113. Chinese Assault Team Member/Jack
114. Chinese Assault Team Member/Jack

That was a really cool episode and definitely a step in the right direction. Eventhough Fox's commercials ruined the surprise of the Chinese attacking CTU, it was still a cool sequence. I can't wait to see Jack get a hold of Cheng and his father and settle the score.

I suddenly found myself very glad that Buchanan wasn't the head of the CTU anymore. Since Milo was a Season One character, I was supremely bummed to see him die. Even if they didn't give him much to do this year. :)

EDIT: Corrected a name on the body count.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, fortunately the last 20 min. salvaged what was a pretty boring episode up to that point. Halfway through the episode I was looking at the clock thinking "when is this going to end", but fortunately CTU was attacked and things got a lot better. Hopefully these remaining 3 hours will hold all the intensity that's been lacking for most of this season.

As for Milo, I can deal with him getting iced especially when the alternative was Nadia. Like Travis, though, I'm just glad it wasn't Buchanan who was at the helm in this scenario.

Real Name
Ryan Papineau
Ok I have to admit to being pretty confused by last night's episode. On the surface I actually enjoyed it as it had some good shots of Jacks taking out bad guys which is always fun.

What I don't get though is why were the Chinese even attacking CTU to begin with? I understand that Jack's pop wanted his grandson back in exchange for fixing the chip, but how on earth did the Chinese get all this plan to invade CTU together so quickly? They've only known since last episode(wasn't it?) that the chip was even broken. Then I'd assume they contacted Jack's dad to fix it and he setup the terms. Just didn't make any sense how they could have had this whole assault all ready to go in literally minutes not to mention it looked like they'd done some tunneling even.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what the fallout over the Chinese attack of CTU will be. Is Cheng an official part of the Chinese Government, or is he kind of a Rogue. If the former, the CTU attack could certainly be considered an act of war. Much more egregious that the Chinese Consulate incident of S4. It will be interesting to see what happens when word of the attack gets to Daniels. Maybe now the U.S. will get to capture Cheng and Bauer will get to "interrogate" him.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know if it'll make you feel any better but it was more like 45 minutes from when they discovered the chip was damaged to when the bad guys were getting ready to go at the beginning of the episode. :) I guess after discovering that the chip was damaged, they made the call to Phillip Bauer and he provided them with the schematic and security codes to CTU. Cheng got his men on the move to the closest warehouse in CTU's vicinity and they started the plan.

EDIT: I just checked the episode and when you first see Cheng and the bad guys in this episode, they haven't drilled the floor yet. The next time you see them, a little over ten minutes has elapsed and during that time, they drilled the floor. Also in that scene, Zhou (the leader of the team) comes up and points out the one entrance point so the team had just got a chance to make their plan based on the schematic. They definitely put the plan together fast but they needed to act fast too.

I'm not saying it's perfect but I think it works well enough. :)

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
As a civil engineer there were several things that were not very realistic in this episode. First, storm and/or sanitary sewers typically do not run under buildings. They typically run under streets. Second, a grated ventilation or air opening to the sewer is NOT going to be into a building (sewer gases smell bad; can be toxic, and explosive). Third, the water in the sewer was not flowing anywhere – it would flow a minimum of two feet per second to allow for channel scour…… Fourth, you would never enter a storm or sanitary sewer (if you have any brains) without first testing the air quality to make sure there is enough oxygen available to breathe and to make sure you have no explosive or toxic gases present. Fifth, you would never set off any type of spark or explosive device in a sewer without first checking the air quality – see the previous comment. Lastly, the normal flow channel of the sewer was awfully full for it not raining outside and they must build them well in LA since the sewer tunnel sides were also dry and pretty darn clean looking!

I realize the above comments are very picky, but show the lack of realism in the show.

None the less – I enjoyed it and am looking forward to next week.

I would have to disagree with the previous comments about a boring show up to time that the attack actually took place. The shooting and killing are not my favorite parts of the show and that seem to be all the rest of the forum members want. I prefer some semblance of a plot above the basic level of an action-only flick at the movies. Although the constant love triangles and squabbling about relationships are getting a little over the edge.

One more comment - I think Heller was smart in telling Jack to stay away from his daughter....I would have also!

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
I'm not saddend by Milo's demise especially after acting like some jilted high school kid with Nadia. So I guess Chole did not commit suicide during her absence in last week's episode. I'm thinking she was in the lady's room having a good cry after being dumped by Morris.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't watch 24 ONLY for the shooting and killing(although the action scenes are extremely important for my overall enjoyment of the show). The show has always been able to keep you on the edge of your seat even when there wasn't a gunfight or an explosion going off. This year, however, the plotlines have been very boring and all of the supporting characters extremely uninteresting IMHO. The current crop of Morris, Nadia, Milo, Doyle, Lennox, etc. just aren't on the same level as David Palmer, Tony, Michelle, Nina, Edgar, Mike Novik, etc. Most importantly, though, is that Jack is the heartbeat of this show and he's been much less effective this season than in the previous five. Hopefully they will "reboot" for next season and fix some of the things that have been broken this year.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Ok I have to admit to being pretty confused by last night's episode.

Yeah, I was expecting a less conventional and more catastrophic attack on CTU, not just an attempt to kidnap one person.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Overall, I agree with that. However, I'm still a fan of Doyle and I think Lennox and Daniels have been very good and the only interesting parts of the White House story.

I have to say that I've liked Morris' smart ass remarks and think he's been the best CTU office character this year (though that proves that characters like Chloe and Buchanan really needed to do more this year).

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I only liked Daniels for the Jim Jones vibe (if Powers had sported sunglasses it would have been perfection!), but the Oval Office make out scene simply creeped me out! But by now I'm only interested in who will give that line leaked online at the end of this season.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Overall I haven't been to disappointed by this season, but last night's episode annoyed me on many fronts. First, I'm tired of the all-knowing Chinese intelligence service. I hate it when the bad guys always know way more about everything than the good guys, it's a gimmick that's used in to many places. But these guys are unbelievable. After Jack invaded the Chinese embassy they quickly determined the one guy they unmasked was a CTU agent and were able to knock out the security detail and kidnap him when the helicopter landed. Then somehow they knew where Jack was at the end of last season and placed the call through CTU to a specific phone where they already had agents in hiding prepared to grab Jack. This time they placed another call through CTU to get to Jack to tell him that they had Audrey and knew he had access to chips that could magically give them everything they need to know about Russian security. Odd that they can bypass any American security on a whim, but for some reason they need a chip to get through Russian security. And that CTU operator needs to start asking questions when Jack gets mysterious phone calls.

And now we are to believe that in less than one hour they handed the chip to Jack's father, abandoned their base, and made plans for a mercenary team to infiltrate CTU and executed that plan. Seriously? And yet they didn't kill Jack. That's pretty stupid.

Then there's the tired old device of having the CTU agents preparing to storm the building while they lead you to believe the Chinese are in the building and about to be caught by surprise. It didn't take me but a minute to realize that with a few hours left in the show the Chinese weren't there and were probably relying on CTU attacking their former location which would leave CTU mostly unguarded for their attack. That was to easy to see coming.

Also these high school kids working in CTU need to be killed. They whine all the time about who looked longingly at who while national security is on the line. They need to knock off Nadia, Chloe and Morris. And firing Buchannen during a crisis was a bad idea also, but typical of 24, along with VPs trying to be president and moles all over the place.

I thought this season had been better than some of the others. Season 4 was awful when it came to how many things had to happen in such a short period of time for the terrorists to pull off their plans that they had no control over. But now this season has taken the stupidity to a new level.

MikeM

Screenwriter
This was another horrible episode. The logistics of the Chinese being able to just waltz in underground, gain access to everything and not even break a sweat was just rediculous.

You know it's a bad episode when toward the end of the episode things were dragging so much that I was actually rooting for Cheng's team.

Also, from the very start of the episode, it looked like Milo was wearing a hear piece or something...after he got the head shot, I guess now we know why.

They keep saying things in the previews each week like, "Next week is the episode you've been waiting for" but sadly, the only thing I'm waiting for is the day to end, the writers to revamp everything and to start fresh. This season has been a major letdown.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So long, Milo!

I just love it when a Civil Engineer shows up here and tells it
like it is! Great stuff, Mike O'Connell. Keep it coming!

I can't wait till this season is over. It's been awful. The
termination of a major 24 character is usually a
huge shock to the viewership. As with most of you, I feel
totally unaffected. There are no strong characters (besides
Chloe and Buchanon) I'd really give a shit about. It's not like
former seasons when you had characters you could really
bond with.

24 needs a real facelift next season.

...and why haven't we heard anything further about former
President Logan and his cardiac arrest?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks