What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

24: Live Another Day (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
If there really is an idea to have Yvonne Strahovsky's Kate Morgan character break out into her own 24-like show, I don't think it would work.
I like the Kate character but I've always said that Kiefer Sutherland's performance is what makes this show work. Without him, there's nothing to help ground the crazy or weaker plots.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
I like the Kate character but I've always said that Kiefer Sutherland's performance is what makes this show work. Without him, there's nothing to help ground the crazy or weaker plots.

It's funny just how true that is, Travis.

We watch Jack barge into a meeting with the President and his armed forces guys as nations are on the precipice of a nuclear war, request a private meeting with the president and his chief of staff, and then draw a gun on the chief of staff...and we buy it. Because it's Jack.

I just couldn't imagine being able to have even a fraction of the capability to suspend my belief in the same way if Kate Morgan were to have done that very same thing.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
So how did Cheng even know about Audry's meeting, much less where it was taking place. As far as we know, he didn't even know about Jack's radio frequency to track as it was separate from all other Secret Service frequencies per his and Heller's request. And only the Russians got that through Mark. Unless he just somehow already knows all the others, but we haven't been given that info yet.

And, when's the time jump? Are they going to do it sometime during the last episode?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Joel Fontenot said:
And, when's the time jump? Are they going to do it sometime during the last episode?
My guess is that either there isn't one or the jump will happen between Act 4 and 5/the last act of the last episode. And that last act will basically be an epilogue with, say, Jack getting back to the US just before 11 AM.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
David Weicker said:
I am absolutely stunned at the end of tonight's episode.No way did I ever see that coming. I think I sat motionless as the final scene played out, and then through the commercial as well.
What's funny is I wasn't even sure what scene you were talking about until I read a post further down that mentioned it.

I was sure this would be the episode that even the supporters would finally throw their arms up in the air over!

I know it's been mentioned by some, but the acting has been particularly bad this season with the secondary actors.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Scott Hanson said:
What's funny is I wasn't even sure what scene you were talking about until I read a post further down that mentioned it.

I was sure this would be the episode that even the supporters would finally throw their arms up in the air over!

I know it's been mentioned by some, but the acting has been particularly bad this season with the secondary actors.
Can't speak for others but I sure liked it.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another fantastic episode. I jumped in my chair when those snipers started picking off the people around Audrey at the end. What suspense!

This is one person who will really miss the show once it signs off next week. I hope the creeping up of the ratings the last couple of weeks will persuade Fox to do this again some day.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
This is one person who will really miss the show once it signs off next week. I hope the creeping up of the ratings the last couple of weeks will persuade Fox to do this again some day.
I love the show but am I crazy for wanting them to quit since they've gotten ahead?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Sorry to learn that last week will be the last episode.

This has been an insane season. As others have suggested,
I believe the reason why it works so well is because it has been
cut down in half.

Week after week I have enjoyed watching quality storytelling that
ends with a cliffhanger that makes me yearn for its continuation.

I am sorry to learn others aren't as into the show as others, but that's
understandable and going to happen with any show. This is purely
popcorn fiction and if taken as such, the ride can be pretty rewarding.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Ron, the last episode is this coming Monday, July 14. Just making sure, as you said last week was the last.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'm sorry, Steve. That was a typo. Obviously last week was not the last episode.

Thanks for the correction.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Another solid hour. Can't wait for the conclusion. Will definitely be picking up 24 L.A.D. on BD.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
again why didnt they do this storyline by ep2 js beyond me. they squeezed too much in the last 4eps

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since it's the finale, I'll use spoilers
After Audrey's death and Heller realizing that the Alzheimer's was going to destroy him, having Jack get hauled off by the Russians was one grim ending too many. Admittedly, having the Russians just forgive and forget about the guy who killed one of their diplomats & his men and attempted to kill their President doesn't make much sense but I wanted to see Jack get a win for once. Now he's ending up in a much worse place than when last season ended.

That being said, I loved everything else in the episode.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
like i said i wished te last 4 eps were the whole season... the al harazi bit wasnt as entertainjng as tese last 4!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks