What's new

24: Live Another Day (1 Viewer)

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
What about Heller's son in law? I believe he's still going to try to turn Jack over to the Russians. Lots to conclude in these three hours.

Do we have three weeks left or will there be a two hour finale, as they've usually done?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
You know, if I had really thought it out....

They couldn't kill Heller.

It would also kill the story concerning Mark Boudreu signing the
President's name on the Russian/Bauer hand-off agreement.

In order to keep that story going with the most significant consequences,
the President would have had to remain alive.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
You know, if I had really thought it out....

They couldn't kill Heller.

It would also kill the story concerning Mark Boudreu signing the
President's name on the Russian/Bauer hand-off agreement.

In order to keep that story going with the most significant consequences,
the President would have had to remain alive.
I thought the problem would be that Heller wouldn't be around to refute having signed that order and Boudreau would continue to cover it up so he wouldn't get busted for forging the President's signature.

stevelecher said:
Do we have three weeks left or will there be a two hour finale, as they've usually done?
It looks like there's just one per week so it'll be over on July 14.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Scott Hanson said:
Have to say I'm a bit surprised how much people are liking this season. I wouldn't say I've disliked it, but it just seems like just more of the same ole same ole to me. I have a feeling if not for the 4 year hiatus people would be complaining a lot more. Oh well...I'm glad you guys are enjoying it that much...I'll just go crawl back into my hole.
No you are not alone. I did enjoy the episode but it was like a perfect parody to me. I smiled a lot and thought the acting was bad, especially the first 2/3 of the episode.

Like you I'm also surprised how much people praise this. On trakt, I say they are young people and they like everything but here I'm the most surprised! :D

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
SamT said:
No you are not alone. I did enjoy the episode but it was like a perfect parody to me. I smiled a lot and thought the acting was bad, especially the first 2/3 of the episode.

Like you I'm also surprised how much people praise this. On trakt, I say they are young people and they like everything but here I'm the most surprised! :D
I would agree with both of you in regard to how positive the comments have been. For me, I've been VERY disappointed in the show, especially since all this time that has passed when last aired. What I thought is it was going to be really DARK, much more than what they have done in the past and have some more going on with Chloe being a BAD ASS girl now. Instead, that just seemed to all get brushed aside and nothing but a goth makeup look with no REAL character changes to back it up.

There are many other things I don't like, but overall it just seems like a typical rinse-and-repeat formula that's been done every season since the first. You have the same bad guy everyone is dumb enough to overlook at CTU, the person that gets setup at CTU to take the blame/be killed, a threat that gets LESS lethal as it progresses, etc. I HATE how the drones became nothing but a glorified pop gun compared to how powerful REAL bombs can be. They started saying how deadly they were and could take out several city blocks or kill millions if it hits a reactor, but they couldn't even blow up more than half the field at the stadium, let alone take it totally down. Just crap like that which makes me wonder why bring it back at all if that's the best they can write?

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way, about the prediction coming true. That was really not a prediction. I don't know for you but it was like a joke, a funny thing to talk about. Saying the most outrageous thing they can do for a laugh. Now imagine if they actually do it in the real show and it's not for a laugh, what does that say?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The first half of the episode had a great chase and maybe the last Jack Bauer torture scene. The second half, due to having to set up the rest of the episodes and all the exposition, was a lot slower. I'm not sure how I feel about the return of
Cheng Zhi
since it feels a little shoehorned in (like it's only him because they needed a character that had had a history with Jack rather than a new character for 3 episodes) but he's sorta the one that got away for Jack so it'll be nice to presumably see Jack finally get to kill him.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm still trying to wrap my head around all that happened tonight.

I almost cheered at that second interrogation scene. I was fooled, and it felt good.

I was shocked at seeing Adrian's crew.

Ramping up the villains is interesting.

So will Tony Almeida make it a three-pronged attack? - and will Aaron Pierce provide Jack with some backup?

Despite my facetious last sentence, I am really liking this season

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Poor Jack seems doomed at this point to fall victim either to the Russians or the Chinese (or maybe they'll fight over who gets him and that's how he'll get away).

Regardless, another roller coaster ride with great thrills and suspense, some surprises (the shock of that slaughtered team!), and with only a couple of episodes left, just no idea how it can all work out.

But I'm loving every second of this. This is the fastest moving hour on television. I no sooner get really involved before the clock ticks off the end of the hour. Every week it's like this!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought I was watching an SNL parody this week with Navarro caving.

He was so calm and cool when Jack came in to torture him, but put Morgan on him with a gun to his head and Jack trying to stop it, "Okay, here's the code."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
But I'm loving every second of this. This is the fastest moving hour on television. I no sooner get really involved before the clock ticks off the end of the hour. Every week it's like this!
Agreed, Matt. Another exceptional episode. There hasn't been a clunker
thus far, except perhaps, the opening episode.

I so much look forward to 24 every week.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Scott Hanson said:
I thought I was watching an SNL parody this week with Navarro caving.

He was so calm and cool when Jack came in to torture him, but put Morgan on him with a gun to his head and Jack trying to stop it, "Okay, here's the code."
For me it was the wireless heartbeat sensors! They looked sexy. :D

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
even me (naysayer at best) was impressed and entertained but a huge part of me wishe this happened at episode 3 or 4 instead of the last third! the al hazari stuff was pretty much a snoozer compared tothis

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I am absolutely stunned at the end of tonight's episode.No way did I ever see that coming. I think I sat motionless as the final scene played out, and then through the commercial as well.

Do we really only have one episode left?I'm sorry, but those who thought a 12 episode would be better didn't envision how fantastic this season has been. I want more.Please let them do another day.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
And I had no doubt that Mark was going to die in that raid on the Russian compound. Wrong but it was fun.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I really felt the fear that Audrey would have had after the shootings and before the phone rang. A very powerful moment. The sub-plotline itself involving Audrey was really weak, but that moment was something else.

What can I say? Another terrific episode. I'm sorry this is coming to an end, too.

If there really is an idea to have Yvonne Strahovsky's Kate Morgan character break out into her own 24-like show, I don't think it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timetraveler09
Recent bookmarks