What's new

20th century fox TV archives MOD program (1 Viewer)

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Mark Collins said:
Sorry one and all but I have to plug Peyton Place a complete series!! Mr James Finn please come to the aid of Peyton Place fans and give us this show in the new MOD program.

Fox should be proud to release Peyton Place as I have said before.

No restrictions on the release. Just give it to us as it aired in 1997-98 on the Romance Channel.
I'm all-in for ANY more of Peyton Place!

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
lassie and timmy were the main group when i was a boy

dont think i knew of anything before, until i was an adult

i do recall when timmy left, though

for several years, there was talk of him possibly coming back

but he never did

i dont think i watched for too long after timmy left

but i would still want to own the show in its entirety

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Mark Collins said:
There was a person who was renting Giants from his local library and was almost finished viewing the entire series.
That would be me, Mark.I posted that I was just about through watching it and even though I wasn't too impressed seeing the series again all these years later, I would probably miss my weekly screenings of it. Well, I did finish it and I do miss it!! I would like to get my own copy of the series and might go the UK route since the prices in the US are not currently conducive to what I think the show is worth, especially for double sided discs. ;)

Wezzo

Second Unit
Mark Collins said:
So now we know what the October release will be in the new Fox MOD Program. Graceland second season.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Graceland-Season-2/20427
Not sure that's correct - FOX release a lot of MOD titles of current shows (eg Raising Hope S4 two weeks ago, Last Man Standing S3 and Salem S1 this week too..) and I'd be more inclined to bunch this in with those, unless I have missed something. The Archives line is specifically supposed to be concentrating on older titles, I thought?

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Not real impressed with this program so far. Another effort to assure us of a proper DVD release of every show aired (provided of course the show ran in the last 15 years) LOL. Hopefully, they will get into some older stuff sometime soon.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Frank Soyke said:
Not real impressed with this program so far. Another effort to assure us of a proper DVD release of every show aired (provided of course the show ran in the last 15 years) LOL. Hopefully, they will get into some older stuff sometime soon.
Considering that Fox has shown no interest in remastering their back catalog of older shows, I'm not sure why their press release triggered such a strong belief that Fox was suddenly going to be the next Warner Archive. Fox didn't even bother when they launched FoxNet, choosing instead to use old 16mm dirty transfers for air. Looking at their last couple of announcements, I'm expecting to see yet another tired super duper special exclusive MOD release of "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer" before anything like Room 222, Peyton Place, or anything else from the 1960's or 1970's.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
It was more hope than belief, good things can still happen here. If they have no interest in their classic library, they might as well burn it...but they'd be burning money the wrong way.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'm hoping Fox will release "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir" TV series on DVD. I know it's been released in region 4 PAL in Australia by Madmen, so maybe they have the exclusive rights for a while. Maybe when their time is up??

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Doesn't seem like that should stop a release elsewhere. It's region locked as I recall, so if they're worried about importers having domestic options, it's a bizarre move to put such a hurdle up in the first place.

Hopefully Fox licenses it out to someone else.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I hope you're right! It seems like a natural choice. Only 50 episodes and, I don't know if it's been remastered, but the picture quality looks good from the reviews I read.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Ron Lee Green said:
I hope you're right! It seems like a natural choice. Only 50 episodes and, I don't know if it's been remastered, but the picture quality looks good from the reviews I read.
The Ghost And Mrs. Muir and Nanny And The Professor were remastered when they ran on FX years ago. Although they were horribly butchered, I'm assuming that the edited versions were made from uncut transfers.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
John Karras said:
The Ghost And Mrs. Muir and Nanny And The Professor were remastered when they ran on FX years ago. Although they were horribly butchered, I'm assuming that the edited versions were made from uncut transfers.
I wonder why they're not in syndication then? Is Fox holding them back, or does no station want them? I think Antenna TV or Me TV would be a good choice. I know the series don't have a huge number of episodes but Antenna TV could show them on weekends only.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/333846-20th-century-fox-tv-archives-mod-program/page-6#entry4160575Thanks for the heads up! I watched this show when it was on back in 1976. I'm interested in checking it out -- I don't get this channel on cable but I can probably get it over the air. Whether it will be watchable without major pixelating is another question.The versions of The New Howdy Doody Show released on DVD have redone openings and closings which are the same on every show, and they have superimposed sing-a-long lyrics for the theme song. I find it amusing that these lyrics include the spelling "let's give arousing cheer, cause Howdy Doody's here!"There did seem to be more adults in the audience than kids for those tapings. It was kind of weird. It's too bad that it didn't work out better.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Very true. Most studios/companies right now seem to be ignoring especially the '70s, for some odd reason. That's really frustrating, because there's lots I still want there and good stuff yet to be released.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Charles Ellis said:
Once again the Fox folk is showing its stupidity in not looking into the vaults for classic pre-1980 shows!
Or they may be holding those back for potential licencing. which means the MOD program's program has a different focus for TCFTV. That being short lived recent tv shows that require little work and have some interest based on cast. (Not to mention clearances all ready in place)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
jimmyjet said:
i dont recall life of riley, except what my parents always said we kids had !!
Life of Riley with Wiliam Bendex was also a long running radio series, 1944-1951. FUNNY SHOW!
Burt Lancaster and Red Skelton each made a special guest apperance on the series.

I would too be interested in seeing the TV Version of the this series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks