What's new

20th century fox TV archives MOD program (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Mark Collins said:
I wonder if we shall hear next week of a new Fox series set for release by this new program
When you say"new" Fox program, do you mean a newly current show, or a new release of a classic Fox television series? If I could ask you?James

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
James sorry about the confusion. I was talking about the new Fox TV Archives Collection which would be TV Series made on demand. Fox has announced two one in August and one in September. I of course hope for Peyton Place because it is made to order for this type of program in a box set complete series release.

So if you have a favorite show list it here as many others have done and good luck to all of us.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Mark Collins said:
I of course hope for Peyton Place because it is made to order for this type of program in a box set complete series release.
Be interesting if and when it happens. I actually expect LAND OF THE GIANTS (not available in R1 beyond the expensive box set collectors edition) to come out before PP.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
DeWilson said:
Be interesting if and when it happens. I actually expect LAND OF THE GIANTS (not available in R1 beyond the expensive box set collectors edition) to come out before PP.
I believe Fox already announced a "scaled down " version of Land of the Giants which will sell at retail. I think the TV Shows On DVD site had the information on this .

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
jimmyjet said:
hi lou,

i couldnt find it ?

here is the only thing that came up when i searched

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Land-Giants/2653
Hey Jimmyjet, My face is red! I went to TV Shows On DVD to look for the post and couldn't find it . Then it dawned on me that the "low budget "release I was thinking about was "Man From Uncle" another expensive box set with super deluxe packaging . "Uncle" is the one being reissued in a cheaper no frills version. ( I own both so that sort of explains the confusion). Sorry about the mix -up. Still, I'd guess that it won't be long before we see a reissue of LOTG. It's a popular show like all of Irwin Allens and I'm sure Fox realized that many fans can't afford to spring for the deluxe version.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
James sorry about the confusion. I was talking about the new Fox TV Archives Collection which would be TV Series made on demand. Fox has announced two one in August and one in September. I of course hope for Peyton Place because it is made to order for this type of program in a box set complete series release.

Isn't it already past August and September for the year?

Who is putting out the fox TV archives? Amazon? Some other distributor?

James

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Hi James Fox make the choices about the next release from Archives. We all got excited by the new program and if you read some of the first posts you can see all the series in the running. The shock was just a well sort of recent one season show was their second choice. I think it was good because it gives fans of all the Fox shows room to speculate or advocate here for the show they want.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
hi lou,

i think i did see an inexpensive set in region 2 ?

dont some people have players that are region-free ?

it seems hard to believe for me that people are actually spending the region 1 price for that set. or why they would start out with that sort of subset of people ?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
You could originally get the set for around $100.00 but it must be out of print now for the price to be that high. It is a very nice set with good extras. Its worth $100.00 for fans of the show but not $250.00 +
jimmyjet said:
hi lou,

i think i did see an inexpensive set in region 2 ?

dont some people have players that are region-free ?

it seems hard to believe for me that people are actually spending the region 1 price for that set. or why they would start out with that sort of subset of people ?

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sorry about Giants. I bought the show online from Big Lots in a close out. I am sure it was way under a hundred dollars and I was completing my Irwin Allen Library with LIS and Giants. Voyage Time Tunnel and LIS all but the first season of LIS were going for 10 bucks at Best Buy so I rebought Voyage and Time Tunnel. Voyage first season I only have one copy each because mine worked fine and many people at Amazon in their reviews reported problems with season one. I bought all of the above as outlined perhaps 3 years ago.

There was a person who was renting Giants from his local library and was almost finished viewing the entire series.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Mark Y said:
Someone else mentioned Metromedia and the 1976 "New Howdy Doody Show" was mentioned in that context. I would love to get a complete set of those. I saw that show when it ran in 1976-1978(?) and while I agree that it's not nearly as good as the original Howdy Doody series, I do fondly remember it. There were a bunch of episodes released years ago first on VHS, then DVD. The first couple VHS box sets had the closing credits left off for some reason. Later releases had completely new openings and closings created replacing the originals. Who knows if there were other edits. I know they say this series crashed and burned quickly but there were 130 episodes, which suggests to me that they did do two seasons. And one episode on the VHS releases had a reference to "President Carter," who took office in January 1977. Anyway, I'd get this if it came out.
I didn't know about it until today, but Cozi-TV is re-running episodes of "The New Howdy Doody Show" from the '70s on Sunday mornings 10am-12pm (PST) as part of their "educational and informational" children's television programming.
The credits stated that it was videotaped in Florida, and I noticed most of the members in the audience were adults!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
LeoA said:
Life of Riley is listed as FOX by Neil Brock in the 'Most Episodes with no Season Set DVD Release' thread. I'd love to see that one come out under this program.
If we are really going strictly by "season sets" (as opposed to "best of" releases) then Lassie and Ozzie & Harriet, along with Death Valley Days, all top Life of Riley. Having said that, I'll take season sets from each and every one of them. :)

Gary "there's still so much from that era that needs to be released" O.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'm unfortunately not familiar with Death Valley Days, although I know it's a long running Western series based on true stories.

But I'd take Ozzie & Harriet (Which is just edged out by My Three Sons for the top spot on my own holy grail list) and the Timmy years of Lassie first as well. I like more than just that for Lassie, but it's the late 50's and early 60's seasons that I love most just like with most people.

But the William Bendex version of Life of Riley is solidly in my top 10 list of shows I want to see given attention on DVD/Blu-Ray.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sorry one and all but I have to plug Peyton Place a complete series!! Mr James Finn please come to the aid of Peyton Place fans and give us this show in the new MOD program.

Fox should be proud to release Peyton Place as I have said before.

No restrictions on the release. Just give it to us as it aired in 1997-98 on the Romance Channel.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
jimmyjet said:
i dont recall life of riley, except what my parents always said we kids had !!
That's why these neglected shows need to be released. Many of them would find new fans among younger people like you who never experienced them during their initial runs or in reruns . The problem is that they are B&W, so many companies have already written them off.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
LouA said:
That's why these neglected shows need to be released. Many of them would find new fans among younger people like you who never experienced them during their initial runs or in reruns . The problem is that they are B&W, so many companies have already written them off.
"What a revoltin' development this is!" -- Chester A. Riley

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Gary OS said:
If we are really going strictly by "season sets" (as opposed to "best of" releases) then Lassie and Ozzie & Harriet, along with Death Valley Days, all top Life of Riley. Having said that, I'll take season sets from each and every one of them. :)

Gary "there's still so much from that era that needs to be released" O.
I never remember Lassie being syndicated in our area, though it's certainly possible it was, and it was off the air by the time I started noticing different shows. I did find out that World Harvest Television is re-running it now, along with The Lone Ranger b&w episodes. I sat and watched Lassie the other day and it's such a good show! I'd be in for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks