What's new

2022-2024 Blu-ray, 4K Projects? (3 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
While I understand the reasons for not sharing too much information it also makes this hobby poorer.
I have already mentioned it a few times but as an example I remember when the very nice Blu-ray of King of Kings was released with only some bare bones extras ported over from the DVD and no real previous announcement, sharing of work being done etc.

It is of course still a very good Blu-ray but it could have been a lot more exciting if there had been a bit of a buildup to the release and if the release had been accompanied by a few words by the people who worked on it.

The internet and the demands of collectors ruined everything

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
The internet and the demands of collectors ruined everything
I would also think that funding is an issue when it comes to extras and then somebody has got to get out the news. If somebody was paid for that he may even put up with getting grilled by by strangers on the internet but I doubt that the studios or the boutique labels see much benefit in it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
BLUE HAWAII (4k) and WAYNE'S WORLD (4k) 11/15

SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER (4k) 11/8

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Have never even seen Saturday Night Fever, let alone had it on any previous releases. I wonder if I should blind buy this one.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Besides the Star Trek theatrical releases on 4k, I haven't heard much about DVD or Blu Ray boxed sets this Christmas season. Anybody else have some guesses?

--jthree

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Have never even seen Saturday Night Fever, let alone had it on any previous releases. I wonder if I should blind buy this one.

That's a tough one. Depends on your taste.

For me, one of my favorite films of all time.

Also, one of the biggest films (and soundtracks) to come out of the decade.

Unless you absolutely hate disco I think it's worth a blind purchase. If on the fence, seek out one of the streaming services.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
That's a tough one. Depends on your taste.

For me, one of my favorite films of all time.

Also, one of the biggest films (and soundtracks) to come out of the decade.

Unless you absolutely hate disco I think it's worth a blind purchase. If on the fence, seek out one of the streaming services.
I like disco music- I have that soundtrack. I think Travolta got an Oscar nomination for the film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
All 3 are rumored to be coming out? Wow!
Look at the thread linked below:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt

Thanks, Robert. I see that Mystery Men UHD is scheduled to be released 11/22. It will be an expensive month for me- I have always liked this film, and I bet it will look awesome in this format.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

I should probably check that thread once in a while, but never remember to... then again, I'm not often buying (or preordering) discs on/for release day/week and usually wanna wait for reviews (at least for most catalog titles anyway), so...

Anyway, had forgotten The Usual Suspects 4K is coming -- that should likely be a much needed/wanted upgrade me thinks.

Not 4K, but still interesting to see some Woody Allen catalog titles get rereleased, but who's Sandpiper Pictures? IF these releases are good, maybe I'll finally get Interiors on BD -- I've gotten some of his other titles from Twilight Times before TT closed shop (and a couple/few others from Arrow UK), but not this one.

I see that Mystery Men UHD is scheduled to be released 11/22. It will be an expensive month for me- I have always liked this film, and I bet it will look awesome in this format.

I'll probably be getting this as well, maybe thru Gruv.com, if they carry it -- they don't seem to carry all Universal releases. It certainly could use an upgrade over the rather dated, old BD.

Guess I'll probably also have to get the Pulp Fiction 4K...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Not 4K, but still interesting to see some Woody Allen catalog titles get rereleased, but who's Sandpiper Pictures? IF these releases are good, maybe I'll finally get Interiors on BD -- I've gotten some of his other titles from Twilight Times before TT closed shop (and a couple/few others from Arrow UK), but not this one.

Man,

The way licensing works these days for boutique labels is that the studios only provide a limited release window and amount of manufactured copies.

This enables the studio to take back its license and then give it to another company down the road. Potentially great income earner for that studio.

That's what happened here. Those titles were originally licensed to and released by TWILIGHT TIME. The licenses ran out and another company eventually came forward and paid the licensing fee to redistribute.

For that reason, I expect the transfers to be the same ones used for TWILIGHT TIME. And, knowing how much the transfers for that label were scrutinized for being the best of the batch, I expect these offerings from Sandpiper to look quite good.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
VUIoy8v.jpg 301117208_2459894874159919_738585224128491514_n.jpg
299876659_2459894784159928_5545080969233765013_n.jpg 300952581_2459894937493246_3435813567612569340_n.jpg

Coming from Shout Factory

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jorlanm
    Recent bookmarks