What's new

2022-2024 Blu-ray, 4K Projects? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’d love to grab this one on 4k.

There was a rumor floating around that White Christmas and North By Northwest were coming to 4k. Obviously unconfirmed and nothing has been announced.

I’m concerned about 20th century and Disney as well. I’d really like to see all of the Marilyn Monroe films released in 4k. I hope Disney will release some more older fox content in 4k.
Yeah. I was lucky enough to be able to get Its A wonderful life in 4K it will be arriving to me on Dec 28. 2021. I have long thought that they Issues for the 1973 TV Movie of MOT34th ST was a music right or Estate issue as a lot of the actors have passed away but I have never been able to confirm that. Now Disney certainly complicates matters

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
Of the classic movies that have impressed me the most with regard to picture quality none so far has been released on UHD.
While we have many great releases it is a bit of a letdown to get a rather modest improvement for The Wizard of Oz or Dr. Strangelove in UHD when several years into the UHD format we are still waiting for a huge improvement for titles like Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) or Barabbas but I guess popularity trumps potential.

Before the mouse swallowed the Fox I would also have hoped to possibly be able to buy Cleopatra and The Agony and the Ecstasy one day and of course there is Patton that is ready for a UHD release.
Not sure what it will take for Shawn Belston to get work done on the first two or to allow a third party to release Patton.

So while waiting for even one of these releases to materialize I will also settle for Ben-Hur (1959) that together with 2001, Lawrence of Arabia, The Sound of Music and Spartacus always showed up in any major format even though it was usually the last of the bunch to make it.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

SwatDB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Brynskov
If they do Poltergeist I do hope they could insert the pizza hut scene back in. As it is now, the edit is very abrupt.
I do not expect that scene to be reintegrated (because Pizza Hut took offense back then, and would again). All that remains for now, are passages of the scene in the screenplay.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
If the right elements are used, these could both look glorious in 4K, having been shot in VVLA.
If Warner revisits North By Northwest and The Searchers and releases them in UHD I won't complain - both Blu-ray version are a bit lacking for different reasons.

White Christmas has a very good Blu-ray release so not sure how much of an improvement we will see but I'll be happy to find out!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I think it was Ronald who posted a while back that From Dusk Till Dawn is coming.
This definitely needs to happen- the old Alliance version wasn’t of high quality.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Goldfinger
Maybe, though they ignored the obvious No Time to Die tie-in for all the older Bond films. Still, the 60th anniversary of Dr. No is coming up, so we'll see what happens.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Maybe, though they ignored the obvious No Time to Die tie-in for all the older Bond films. Still, the 60th anniversary of Dr. No is coming up, so we'll see what happens.

I have no time to buy No Time To Die.

I am interested in the non Craig 007 films. Hopefully this year for the 60th.

harync

Agent
Real Name
Harrison
I do not expect that scene to be reintegrated (because Pizza Hut took offense back then, and would again). All that remains for now, are passages of the scene in the screenplay.
If you want to be the first to find out and happen to live in Columbus, OH you can find out in a few weeks:

Poltergeist (1982) 4K Restoration Fri, Jan 28 7:00 pm

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Yet another Criterion Collection title which will need remastering now (but they'll have to commission better cover art than the French UHD):
174-audiovisual-movie-191-735-e1f351a104ea76196529308964-les-400-coups|movies-62178-21866883.jpg

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Quite a list here….

Several Warner titles.
Rumors on the abyss, titanic and tombstone….

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks