What's new

2022-2023 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Dolphins win was not a thing of beauty and Tua was back to being Tua. I do think it was a rough game due to the heat and it was a matter of surviving that game. Still good win for the Dolphins as that Bills team is hard to beat.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The game against the Chargers today gave me a really good look at Trevor Lawrence. I think his main issue is he does not appear to be very accurate throwing high quite a bit but also behind and in front of receivers. Pederson is having him throw a lot of short passes, I think to build his confidence but also because he just is not that accurate on longer throws...yet. He kind of reminds me of Jameis Winston. Big, strong arm, can get the ball there but lacks accuracy. Let's see how Pederson builds him up and if the accuracy thing can be fixed.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Buffalo has a handful of key players that are injured.

True and that very likely had a big effect on the overall game being even close, but most of the individual gameplay errors I'm thinking of were 1st Teamers and AllPro players and not the 2nd/3rd teamers.

Miami had a couple end of the game odd decisions -- esp easy to 2nd guess with 3rd down on the 1 yd line and Bills out of time outs with 1:30 left. They tried to throw instead of running the ball ended up with the incomplete pass and bleeding another 40 seconds. Followed immediately by the Bunt Punt Safety.

I actually was running the scenario of intentionally taking the safety and then using the Free Kick giving the Bills 40 seconds instead of nearly 1:30. 2 point lead and the ball somewhere around Bills 25-35 instead of 4 point lead and ball maybe at the Miami 30-40 if he even gets the kick off. I guess they were really really lucky the Butt Punt ended up out of the end zone and didn't limp out to 5-10 yard line or get recover in the end zone for a TD

My favorite part of the game was with the completely exhausted players commiserating with each other after the end of game, Congratulating each other just for surviving -- winning or losing was secondary at that point. I actually was scared for a few of those Bills lineman during the who looked like they were on the verge of heat exhaustion if not full out Heat Stroke -- bright red faces, looking like they barely could breathe, and I'm not sure all of them were even 100% aware they were still on the field.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
What an interesting game in Denver tonight. It wasn't good, but it certainly wasn't boring.

I was wondering if they'd beat the over/under of the Mariners/Royals game and they didn't quite get there

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
True and that very likely had a big effect on the overall game being even close, but most of the individual gameplay errors I'm thinking of were 1st Teamers and AllPro players and not the 2nd/3rd teamers.

Miami had a couple end of the game odd decisions -- esp easy to 2nd guess with 3rd down on the 1 yd line and Bills out of time outs with 1:30 left. They tried to throw instead of running the ball ended up with the incomplete pass and bleeding another 40 seconds. Followed immediately by the Bunt Punt Safety.

I actually was running the scenario of intentionally taking the safety and then using the Free Kick giving the Bills 40 seconds instead of nearly 1:30. 2 point lead and the ball somewhere around Bills 25-35 instead of 4 point lead and ball maybe at the Miami 30-40 if he even gets the kick off. I guess they were really really lucky the Butt Punt ended up out of the end zone and didn't limp out to 5-10 yard line or get recover in the end zone for a TD

My favorite part of the game was with the completely exhausted players commiserating with each other after the end of game, Congratulating each other just for surviving -- winning or losing was secondary at that point. I actually was scared for a few of those Bills lineman during the who looked like they were on the verge of heat exhaustion if not full out Heat Stroke -- bright red faces, looking like they barely could breathe, and I'm not sure all of them were even 100% aware they were still on the field.
I don’t understand why coaches just don’t burn clock when the opposing team is out of timeouts. A different scenario in Minnesota, but the same mishandling of a situation by the Lions, which contributed to the loss. To say the least, head scratching.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Dolphins win was not a thing of beauty and Tua was back to being Tua. I do think it was a rough game due to the heat and it was a matter of surviving that game. Still good win for the Dolphins as that Bills team is hard to beat.
The Dolphins were lucky yesterday. It happens!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, the AFC West killed me on my picks in yesterday's games as I took the Chargers, Raiders, and Chiefs to win and the 49ers to beat the Broncos. Oops.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I also picked the Lions to beat the Vikings, sort of an upset special. Also did not work out. Dan Campbell is one of those motivator coaches that gets his team up for a game and brings a good sense of team so they play together but as a strategist he is pretty bad. His team plays hard for him and they seem to like him but he is going to get outcoached on a regular basis, I'd say. In other words, expect the team to play hard and make mistakes.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Tonight I picked the Giants to beat the Cowboys, mainly giving them the edge because they are at home and I think the Giants defense should win the battle against that Cowboys offense. Daniel Jones still stinks but he is not the reason the Gants are 2-0. I think the Giants would be better off losing games to get a high draft pick so they can bring in the next QB but obviously Daboll is going to go ahead and win these games if his team can win them, The Cowboys are tremendously beatable so, the Giants could end up 3-0 tonight and it would be no surprise.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Overall, I did pretty horrible picking games this week, ha, so this was an odd week. The "good" teams lost games and there were some real stunners. Early season football can be really unpredictable.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I am now on the Jacksonville bandwagon in thinking they could win their division. The defense looks legitimately good and the offense, while not looking great, looks surprisingly well coached. So far their division rivals look bad to very mediocre, so I think the Jaguars defense with a decent offense could be enough to allow them to compete for the division title. Nice story for the Jags if Pederson takes them from trainwreck to the playoffs this season.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
And the only team with an 0-3 start to the season is the LV Raiders. Congrats, Josh McDaniels! Welcome back to head coaching.

Well, the one thing I would say about the Raiders is that they have been in all their games. So, I see room to improve there and perhaps get better as the season goes on. I don't think Carr has quite got ahold of the new offense yet and I mean come on, Adams has to become more of a factor as the season goes on. He caught 5 balls for just 36 yards yesterday. Growing pains is what I think at the moment.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Another bit of wow stats for the moment:

3 games in and Geno Smith has better numbers than Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, and Russell Wilson.

Who would have predicted that?

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I am now on the Jacksonville bandwagon in thinking they could win their division. The defense looks legitimately good and the offense, while not looking great, looks surprisingly well coached. So far their division rivals look bad to very mediocre, so I think the Jaguars defense with a decent offense could be enough to allow them to compete for the division title. Nice story for the Jags if Pederson takes them from trainwreck to the playoffs this season.

Yeah, that Jacksonville defense looked really good yesterday. They were really draping the Charger's receivers

Herbert was definitely off, but not by much. Other than that one 55yd bomb, most of his throws were just in front of or just behind his receivers, but still catchable, except that Jacksonville was right there to deflect it. Even his lone TD was a hell of a throw/catch that threaded a needle and the receiver was barely in bounds.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
The Giants and Buccaneers are said to be discussing a trade that would send WR Kenny Golladay from the Giants to the Buccaneers. Word is Daboll does not want the guy on the team and the Buccs want to bring in some WR help (while Brady is said to be talking to Gronk about returning as well).

Problem with the trade is Tampa Bay does not have the cap space so the Giants would need to agree to eat most of Golladay's salary to move him there. No word on if the teams are close to a deal.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
He sounds like a problem in the locker room. He complained earlier last week about Jones not throwing him the ball, then when it came his way he didn't catch it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks