2009 MLB Thread (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
^^^

True, but at least the ruling in both instances was consistent.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don't have a problem with the suspension except Padilla not being suspended for starting it. I just don't understand that thought process. Bob Watson should know what Padilla did was on purpose.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's just it. If Watson isn't going to have to explain himself and the rationale behind his decisions, how is anyone ever supposed to know the potential impact of their behavior? As it is now, he seems clueless.

Maybe he had some impact on the release of Padilla by the Rangers? If so, maybe that would change things. It would seem wholly inappropriate, but it's the kind of decision that sparks the mind to ponder outrageous scenarios as real possibilities.

It was surprising to hear Padilla's teammates (and ex-teammates) talk about how pissed they would get at him for putting them in the position of being constantly hit by opposing pitchers.

Agreed.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
during the rally inning in today's Yankee game, i swear Kay pronounced Cabrera's name as "Monkey Cabrera". it's only funny because that's how my 6 year old niece has pronounced it for years
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

You couldn't watch it on the local channel? That was some wacky game!

re: Padilla. How do you suspend a player who isn't on a team?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yeah. I was thinking about that. I figured that any team that might pick him up would have to realize he wouldn't be eligible for x number of games. Of course, there's probably some easy way around that, too.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

I wonder how Gibson would deal with this nonsense of not being
allowed to throw inside.

If pitchers get supended for thowing up and in,
Texiera should get suspended for his cowardly take out after he was hit
by padilla.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Tony,
There is some history between Padilla and Texiera. This isn't the first time he has hit Tex. Also, there appears to be an issue from when they were teammates.

By the way, what Tex did at second is nothing different from what I've seen in baseball games for almost 50 years and he did touch 2nd base with that hard slide.

I hope you're not letting your anti-Yankee feelings cloud your judgement here.

By the way, Gibson is my favorite player of all-time, but he at least batted so he didn't leave his teammates to take the revenge for his actions.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
no not a yankee thing, I'm still not really thinking of Texiera as a yankee anyway, just a hired gun who happens to be on the yanks right now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok believe what you want.
What texiera did wasn't any differnt then a pitcher throwing at a batter because he doesn't like him or any other reason.

if a pitcher gets suspended then a cheap shot at second should be too.
more of a chance the infielder can get hurt on that play then a batter getting hurt by getting hit in the leg by a pitcher.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I always believe what I want and I think what you're saying isn't the reality of that situation.

Anyhow, I let you have the last word as I won't respond any further because we're not getting anywhere here.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nope. And had Beckett thrown a no-hitter, I was going to visit Comerica Park personally. ;) (Seriously, I wish I had gone to that game.)

Does anyone think Teixeira will not be with the Yankees at the end of this season?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.