What's new

2007 at the Box Office (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
God, I must need my head examined as I go to the theater with my pre-purchased ticket for 10 p.m. tonight.:) I'm a child of the 1960s, not the 1980s.;)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Staying "Forever young" helps. Movies can help in that respect if you can maintain a sense of wonder. Wouldn't you say?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll be seeing either the 8:00, 8:30 or 9 p.m. showing tonight (there's also a 10 p.m. showing if the 3 other showings are sold out) at my usual "nearby" theater.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
My local has it showing at 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30, 10, 12. Looks like all of the other theaters around here are also having 6 showings each.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'd rather see License to Wed than Transformers.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member

Tuesday.

The movie opens 7.3.7. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Leave it to Michael Bay to turn a weekend into 6 days.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Looks like she has you pegged. Keep up the good work.
I sure envy all of you who are able to see the early premiere. Looking forward to seeing the comments.

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian

In Melbourne FL, we have two very nice theatres just 2 miles apart, playing TF all night tonight.
The first one has it at: 8:00 PM 8:01 PM 8:30 PM 10:00 PM 11:00 PM 11:01 PM.
I have tickets to the 8:00 showing. I plan to get there at 7 and I fully expect a line to be forming even earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if the first people in line have a pillow and sleeping bag with them.

The other theatre has it at:
8:00 PM 8:30 PM 9:00 PM 11:00 PM 11:30 PM 11:59 PM

Both theatres have it in DLP. They must be expecting some kind of crazy turn-out.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S

Actually Enchanted is a Disney film, it's their major Thanksgiving film this fall, I was stunned the trailer wasn't attached. and the other trailers, Bee Movie is Dreamworks, Bratz is Lionsgate, and Mr. Bean is Universal. usually only one or two 'same studio' trailers are officially attached to a major release. Sometimes the theater determines what else to attach, sometims studio agreements determine it, but I was seriously surprised not to see Stardust (Paramount) trying to horn in on the Ratatouille audience because it needs all the help it can get

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
We attended a sold out screening of the 8pm Transformers. It was good. I'll leave the expert analysis to those who know more than me. :)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I saw Transformers tonight as well, with a friend and my daughter. A little joke about masturbation
had me cringing that she would ask about it, but she didn't; the guy next to me with his son wasn't so lucky :). So, in reading the other thread and looking around at a couple of other forums, it seems word of mouth on this is going to be good, with some critical praise as well. Now that it is out, I'll be interested in seeing the box office for it. Could this pull off being the #1 film of the summer. I'd say it has that spot for me personally right now, but to take it it will need what - $350 million+?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The strange release date will prevent Transformers from breaking any major opening records (perhaps settling instead for the likes of Best Tuesdays or Wednesdays) but this one is gonna have some tremendous legs and make an obscene amount of coin. Judging by the reactions in my audience, word of mouth is gonna be insane. When we got out, my friend texted about 30 people last night urging them to go see the movie, half of them replied saying they were planning to, today.

--
H

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
The main goal of the early opening was to make as much money possible before Harry Potter 5 hits theaters next week.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
I still don't get why the expectations are so high on Harry Potter. I mean, sure, it is going to do well (and I hope be a fine film), but it seems some pundits are saying it could do better than the triple 3's (Shrek, Spidey, Pirates). My high-end estimation would be $275M, and even that may be stretching.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Anyone have some good comparisons for 8pm openings? It looks a little bit better than the Die Hard opening last week given that I would expect evening shows to be much more crowded than matinees on weekdays (ie I would guess that the vast majority of LFoDH's $9 million opening was made after 7pm) but that's just my gut feeling.

MikeRS

Screenwriter
It's very possible that "Transformers" technically made more last night - any after midnight revenue would perhaps go to the Tuesday number.

I think Boxofficemojo did a similar distinction/separation with the third Pirate picture's opening night.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks