What's new

2005 Fantasy Football advice (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
We get yardage for both and touchdowns.

I'm hoping J. Lewis really has a few good games because I'd like to trade him for a WR.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
This weeks matchups:
WR
R. Williams vs BAL
or
T. Glenn vs PHI

Scoring only league. I was initially leaning towards Williams, but now towards Glenn.

TE
A. Smith @ NYJ
or
T. Heap @ DET
Heaps killed me this year. Not that you can usually expect too much from TE's though.

QB
T. Brady @ ATL
or
D. Bledsoe vs PHI
I'm thinking Brady will bounce back.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Phillip,
There are some TERRIBLE matchups there.

Personally I would go with:
Glenn over Williams due to the QB.

A. Smith over Heap.

Bledsoe over Brady. Not because I'm a fan but because Brady is facing a REALLY stiff defense in Atlanta on the road. Meanwhile Bledsoe is at home and doesn't turn the ball over that often. They will likely be down early and have to use their passing game to get back into it. Neither are good matchups though.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
My season went in the toilet fast. 2 weeks ago I lost by .7, last week I lost by 1.7 both times to winless teams. In the 2nd game Frank Gore put up a whopping -2.8, meaning that if I had just left his spot empty I would have won.

Now I get to play one of the 2 remaining undefeated's in our league. So I'm staring 1-4 in the face despite being 4th in the league in points scored.

My dilemma this week - Willie Parker or The Bus?

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Hope you started The Bus Brook.

I've got a question. How many of you would drop I. Bruce at this point? I haven't heard of any progress on his turf toe recently and I'm getting an itchy 'drop' finger. Not that there is any stud out there on the waiver wire, but A. Bryant is still available and he's getting a lot of looks lately. Any thoughts?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It would be tough to cut Bruce, Philip. He's a major option in a high-powered passing offense. I have not heard how much longer Bruce will be out, but I think Bryant's looks will decrease as the season goes on and Braylon Edwards works into the offense more (and gets healthy). Bryant's not a bad pickup, but do you have anyone other than Bruce you can cut?

BTW, my season continues to go poorly. I lost by less than 2 points for the third time this season. This time I needed Randle El to outscore Polumalu last night, but fell two points short. Randle El was in my lineup because of injuries to AGreen, Houshman and Drew Bennett (who ended up playing and would have won the game for me). I'm snake-bit this year.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
My poor, Duecy. I don't really have a backup for him so I don't know what to do. I was trying to avoid making a trade. I would rather go with what I have or pickup a free agent.

My two backups are:
Ronnie Brown -- I would not have hesitated in having him replace DM earlier this year. In fact, I'm starting him this week. Unfortunately this injury coincided with Ricky coming off suspension. I am worried of the split in PT as the season goes on, especially if Miami tries to shop around Ricky to other teams.

Brandon Jacobs -- A throwaway pick we used cuz my bro (and co-owner) is a Giants fan. :D

Here are the top free agents available in my league:

Smith, Antowain RB
Stecker, Aaron RB

Bettis, Jerome PIT
Pittman, Michael TB
Shipp, Marcel ARI
Alstott, Mike TB
Moore, Mewelde MIN
Davenport, Najeh GB
Perry, Chris CIN

The first two listed are of course the replacements for DM. Haslett has stated he will split time between them and there are reports that the Saints are looking at Eddie George.

Bettis is surprisingly available in my league so I might pick him up. He's my number 1 consideration right now.

Any thoughts?

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Phillip_T,
I hope you started Bledsoe and Glenn :)

Scott,
I'm facing a similar delimna on Bruce. He is out next week as well against the Colts. After that, who knows. I have him riding my bench. I wouldn't cut him though.

I had a rough week on my work league. I picked up Drew Bennett then got antsy over his injury and saw Houshman available then he didn't play so I got burned :frowning: My own mistake really.

It wouldn't have mattered, I got slaughtered anyway.

This week I'm feeling REALLY antsy with Eli Manning as my QB(Rothlesberger is hurt) playing the Cowboys and their resurgent D.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
OMG, I just noticed that my other RB, Westbrook, has a bye this week. Looks like I am forced to pick up someone.

I can't really trade since the only tradeable commodity I have is Eli Manning. I don't want to give him up since Peyton is my #1 and he's not doing much.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Eli should be killing Rothlesberger in your league. Like your advice to me, don't hesitate on pulling the trigger on this one.:emoji_thumbsup:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I played Parker. If I'd played The Bus I still would have lost by 1pt which would have been my 3rd less than 2pt loss in a row. I am going to start Bettis from now on.

I had my worst scoring week so far. Got screwed by McNabb and Brandon Lloyd didn't have a single catch. I had Terry Glenn and outscored my opponent in the TE-K-D, but he had Fitzgerald, Holt, LT, and Thomas Jones. That's why he's undefeated.

I'm still 4th in the league in points and 1-4 :frowning:

McNabb's off this week so I picked up Brunell. He was really the only decent QB available in our league (The backup I drafted was Joey Harrington, UGH). I don't like that he's playing on the road in KC, but it was either him, Testaverde or someone like Maddox.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I have both on my team. I picked up Manning last week :) Looking at the total points in yahoo, both are pretty close to one another.

I just found out Rothelesberger only has a bone bruise. I may start him vs Jacksonville but I dunno.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
After second guessing myself, I'm gonna hold onto Bruce for a few more weeks. My other WR's are M. Harrison, T. Glenn and R. Williams. Can't really justify dropping any of them over Bruce to get Bryant. I'll have to ride it out for awhile.

Shane, next time I go against your recommendations, feel free to slap me. I started Brady and Williams instead. While Brady got me as many points as Bledsoe, Glenn was definately the better WR.

Hunter, get Bettis. For a 2nd, I would look at Moore since he is the starter in MIN.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

FYI, Williams will probably be out this week with a leg injury. Also, with Harrington as his QB, he's an overrated option anyway.

Hunter, while Bettis is a good pickup option, also consider grabbing Moore. It looks like the idiot Tice is actually going to give the kid a chance, since Bennett has done nothing for the Vi-Queens. My third choice would be Shipp, but the Cardinals running game is terrible.

BTW, none of those RB's you listed, except ASmith, are available in our league. It's slim pickings on our waiver wire. I'm hoping to grab Tony Fisher (dumping JPayton), since I have AGreen.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
This weeks matchups: (performance league)

RB's (pick 2)
J. Lewis vs CLE
C. Benson vs MIN (if Jones can't go, I like Benson this week)
M. Moore @ CHI (one of the Love Boat participants)
A. Smith vs ATL (should be the new #1 guy with Duece out)

WR's (pick 2)
R. Wayne vs STL
J. Porter vs SD (hasn't done anything yet)
L. Evans vs NYJ (gunslinging QB might improve his #'s)

Scoring only league:

QB's (pick 1)
T. Brady @ DEN
D. Bledsoe vs NYG

DEF
CIN @ TEN
BUF vs NYJ

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Phillip_T: My thoughts are

Rb's: Lewis and Benson. Moore won't be able to run against Chicagos D and Smith won't be running against Atlantas tough D.

Wr's: R. Wayne and Porter. Not convinced Evans will get the ball much.

QB's: Bledsoe. NYG's secondary is banged up.
DEF: Tough call. I would go with Buffalo due to the NYJ's having very little offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks