What's new

2003 Emmy Awards ..Who's Watching? (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The Emmy Awards are being presented tonight.

I'll be rooting for The Sopranos across the board, long due for a Best Drama win, especially since I think the past season was tied for the best with the first season.

Plus Edie Falco's performance in the season finale was perhaps the best performance I have ever seen on a TV series. She will win Best Atress Drama.

So who else is rooting for what?;)

P.S. My brother is actually going to the Emmy's tonight. I'm sure he'll have some good backstage gossip from the post awards party's...lucky bastard!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I'm rooting for Curb Your Enthusiasm. Having said that, I'm sure it won't win. :) But there are always possibilities.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I didnt really like sopranos last season even though the ending was very good. Edie Falco does deserve to win for that final episode without a doubt though.

Someone please let Keifer win best Actor in a Drama. He should have won it last year

capt

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
The parents on Malcolm in the Middle should both win!

Jane Kaczmarek for best actress in a comedy and Brian Cranston as best supporting actor in a comedy.

For Drama series, let's have a mixture of 24 and Sopranos winners.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I'll be watching, but won't have much invested in it (much like the last Oscars). I agree "Sopranos" will probably clean up as it really has nothing else in its way--its usual achilles heel, "The West Wing," had an anemic season at best.

Jane Kaczmarek should finally win as well as she had a very good season. But I think "Curb your Enthusiasm" has a very good chance at winning comedy.

Joel C

Screenwriter
The following are the people/series I'd like to see win:

Jennifer Garner
Lena Olin
Victor Garber
Jennifer Aniston
Tony Shaloub
Friends
Taken

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm rooting for 24, Malcolm in the Middle, Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and any other nominations related to those shows. Otherwise, I have little or no interest or no real preference.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
The Amazing Race just won for best reality show! I wasn't sure if I should put spoilers.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
It's live on the West coast, I believe, so no spoilers needed. The multiple-hosts thing seems to be workign otu very well. George Lopez and And Jon Stewart were especially good.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
What's the name of the movie that the music intro for Bill Cosby is from?

I keep thinking it's Good Will Hunting, but I know I'm wrong, but the film had the same melancholy feel to it.

Seth--L

Screenwriter
[At the First Annual Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence awards show]
Lisa: This award is the biggest farce I've ever seen.
Bart: What about the Emmys?
Lisa: I stand corrected.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I've ever sat through one episode of either "The West Wing" or "Everybody Loves Raymond".

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I've tried a few episodes of 'The West Wing', I just can't get enthused with it. I can see why it doesn't do well over here, it nearly sends me to sleep. While its not must-see comedy, I do enjoy watching Everybody Loves Raymond. If I miss it - no big deal but if i'm channel flicking I usually stop and watch it.

I was one of the few who thought S4 of The Sopranos was damn solid, so I was rooting for it to win. I've ordered Season 2 of 24 on DVD after finishing Season 1 last Friday for the first time. I absolutely loved it, can't wait to get into S2.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I was a big fan of The West Wing during the first season, but just couldn't get into it after that. It plays like simple over-dramatization to me most of the time.

I was rooting for The Sopranos and Six Feet Under. Glad to see Tony and Carm win :)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Happy to see that Edie got that deserved Emmy, along with co-stars James and Joey Pants, and the award for writing, The Sopranos did pretty well last night.

Too bad it didn't win Best Drama but...se la vie`.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks