What's new

20000 Leagues Under The Sea and In Search of the Castaways — DMC Exclusives Coming Soon (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
That’s good to know! There’s stuff I can get to make an enrollment package but I’d also be happy to keep my current membership if they’d let me add that. I’ll give it a try.

Definitely a YMMV depending on the rep you get, but if they don't offer you can just ask "Is it possible"

Even stranger a couple Canadians have reported being offered a similar option and FS in Canada is a far more rare part of their
monthly offers and substantially more expensive. They don't even have a Free Shipping promo offer to leverage. There is actually a bigger reason for them to enroll if they are on an older plan since there is a newer promo code that attaches B1G50% and G60% offers in place of their normal G40% and G50% codes. The Canadian monthly offers have almost always been 10% less than the US offers. If they can upgrade to the higher % discounts and then attach the FS, their deal becomes substantially better

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
A little late to this party, but let me also say how thrilled I am to see these two Walt-era classics get their due on Blu-ray! This is fantastic news indeed and gives me hope that we'll still see these types of releases even after Disney+ debuts. Thank you Disney for finally making these two classic films available to purchase!

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think I'm more excited about, In Search Of The Castaways. I was just turned 12 when I saw it (& 12 was a lot younger in 1962 than it is now), & it was quite magical; the earthquake leading then sliding down those ice caves, the big eagle carrying off one of the children, & most of all, the huge wave & the big tree that saves them (& Maurice Chevalier singing Enjoy It). I haven't seen it for decades & I don't know how it will stand up now that I'm old & cynical. If I see it at a reasonable price on ebay I'll buy it.

Last edited:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Wow great news for me on both titles and call me shocked as I never thought we would see another pre 1985 title from the DMC after a year plus dry spell.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'll admit that I'm not a huge Disney fan, and I already own most of their films that interest me, but I joined the club yesterday JUST to get my hands on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Along with Journey to the Center of the Earth, this film made a huge impression on me as a kid and became part of my DNA. Can't WAIT to see it in HD!

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Actually I got the date wrong on the reopening of the theater. I saw the film in 2003, which was about 8 years after it reopened.

As a LAFD fire inspector, I had the privilege to walk thru the whole theater including the entire building. Wow, they dropped a bundle restoring it.
So you had Ray Harryhausen in your home and you get to inspect classic theaters. I’ll just sit here and eat my heart out. ;)

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
Thanks for the discussion about calling CS to add the free shipping for life perk to an existing membership. I just tried that and CS was happy to add it for me. I don't know if trying that would have occured to me without this thread.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the discussion about calling CS to add the free shipping for life perk to an existing membership. I just tried that and CS was happy to add it for me. I don't know if trying that would have occured to me without this thread.

That just started in the last couple weeks. I think they've gotten so many longer term members calling to cancel and re-enroll specifically for that perk (or calling and complaining about new members getting a better deal) I guess they figured it was better just to keep their current members. I was less surprised at the US club doing that, but pretty much shocked when I heard a couple of the canadians get the same offer - they've been dying for a Free Shipping option.

The other weird thing is the sales tax -- not that they're having to do it like almost everyone, but which states still are exempt. New York and Texas went early with the Amazon Tax but are still exempt with DMC, but Florida was the shocker with all of Disney's businesses based there.

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Well I could not be happier!! More Hayley!! (and I'm sure finally in the correct aspect ratio!)

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I know they don't take pre-orders, but I just wanted to show my enthusiasm to pick them up as soon as possible. Thanks @David Norman!

I thought you already knew that, but just in case non DMC folks are reading just to make sure they know that joining today won't allow them order order fro release day delivery.

There has always been a bit of slough room starting Thu-Mond prerelease where sometimes they cna manually place the order for you -- lately it's been Monday since the phones/chat don't work weekends

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
So now that this is actually happening, what becomes the next holy grail from Disney The Black Hole or Never Cry Wolf?

Not counting items that likely will never see the light of day - not in any special order, but highly requested titles:

These are the one's I hear most often asked for
** 101 and 102 Dalmatians -- I think a very strong chance these come around Cruella
Flubber (Robin Williams) -- shocked this wasn't released with the Fred McMurray pair. It even had an announcement and picture in Bluray case inside one of the Disney's
** Make Mine Music/Melody Time - unedited
Black Cauldron --( the Magnificent Ambersons Cut)
** Black Hole
** Darby O'Gill
Happiest Millionaire
Angels in the Outfield -- esp right after Mighty Ducks

Jodie Foster:
Candleshoe
Napoleon and Samantha

Hayley Mills:
Moon Spinners
Summer Magic
That Darn Cat
Parent Trap II/IIi/IV -- Tv Movies

Never Cry Wolf
Cat From Outer Space
Kidnapped
Shaggy Dog
Shaggy DA
Those Calloways
The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band -- Mike Frezon by himself gets this one high on the list
Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit
The 3rd Dexter Riley title -- Now you See Now You Don't
The Barefoot Executive
Great Locomotive Chase
The Incredible Journey
Worlds Greatest Athlete
Castaway Cowboy
No Deposit No Return
Hot lead and Cold Feet
Apple Dumpling Returns
North Avenue Irregulars
Watcher in the Woods
Something Wicked This Way Comes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks