What's new

2 Panasonics in same rack...remote problems?? (1 Viewer)

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I've got an RP91 and am looking to get a Panny DVD recorder...are the remotes going to conflict w/each other?

If so, is there any way around this? Panny has the only black DVD recorder I've seen and I really hate silver.

Thanks, Mike

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I don't know about the other models, but the Panasonic E80 allows you to select from one of three different settings for the remote, precisely so that you can avoid conflicts with other Panasonic units. My E80 sits right above a Panasonic H1000, and once I changed the default remote setting on the E80, there was no problem.

M.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have a Panasonic RP-91 and E80 recorder in the same rack. Like Michael, I just changed the default remote setting on the E80 to remote #2, and everything works fine. The only oddity it that every time I issue remote commands for the RP-91, an error pops up on the E80's LCD readout (something like CH REMOTE). It doesn't hurt anything, though -- it's just the E80's way of indicating that the remote codes being sent do not match its settings.

I do have a follow-up question, though. I just ordered a Harmony SST-659 universal remote to replace my 4 year old Marantz RC2000. Has anyone used a Harmony remote with a Panny player setup with its default remote code changed? Any problems getting the remote defined properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks