What's new

FS: Denon DVD-1600 DVD player with SDI/Coaxial audio mods and drive clamp mod (1 Viewer)

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor
***SOLD***

I have here a great SDI modified DVD player, the Denon DVD-1600

as everyone knows this is the Denon clone of the Panasonic RP82, which is regarded as the best SDI DVD player ever made, that and the handle of other players that use that same mpeg chip from panasonic

this player is in 99% cosmetic condition, a few scraps here and there on the top cover

the front panel is 100% flawless and looks sharp being it is aluminum

the player is in perfect working condition

Sorry I do not have the remote or manual for this unit but it comes complete with power cable

The DVD player has had these mods done to it:

1) SDI modification for flawless picture to a outboard scaler, I have tested this on a Iscan VP30 and you can imagine how good the image is

2)High quality coaxial digital audio modification, the only downside to all these good SDI Panasonic DVD players is that most of them only have toslink optical audio outputs, this is no longer a problem with this unit, you are now set with coaxial digital audio, I have tested the coaxial mod on my Sherwood Newcastle/ATI amp setup and it sounds amazing

3)I have replaced the clamp on the dvd drive to the newer version and promptly thre the old honeycomb one in the trash where it belongs, this will give longer life to the spindle motor making it's job much easer

4)I have added some great non-skid, anti vibration leveling feet to the unit, making it set level and steady and the feet keep it from moving in your rack

Here are some pics of the unit:

***SOLD***

I would prefer paypal for this item, but I am open to other forms

Outside USA buyers are welcome, but will have to pay more shipping

I have done hundreds of deals here on AVS, Videogon and the Home Theater Forum, along with having over 2000 positive comments on ebay, if you need a reference I can surely supply ;)

If you have any questions please email me at: gmurrell1 "at" bigsandybb.com

Thanks for your interest, DVD playback does not get any better than this and I can gurantee that :)

-Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks