What's new

12V Trigger Disabling Amplifier (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This is when you wish equipment still had a switched outlet. You could simply plug the power supply for the Emotiva ET-3 into it and be done. I have seen "sensing" power strips which can add that, but I don't recall where. You would plug the preamp into the sensing outlet, then it has a switched one to plug the power supply into.

My hope is the ET-3 will work with a low voltage input to generate a solid 12v trigger output.
Not sure what is meant by this. The module accepts either a trigger in from another device or a 12V DC input from the included step down transformer.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Not sure what is meant by this. The module accepts either a trigger in from another device or a 12V DC input from the included step down transformer.
What I'm saying is, possibly, it might be triggered by a low, 2v input signal, which is what your preamp seems to be producing. IF it is triggered by that, then it will produce a 12v output signal and you should be good to go.

You have to connect the transformer regardless of how you use it. That powers the circuit as well as the 12v trigger output. As I recall, it does not function just as a passive pass-through.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
What I'm saying is, possibly, it might be triggered by a low, 2v input signal, which is what your preamp seems to be producing. IF it is triggered by that, then it will produce a 12v output signal and you should be good to go.

You have to connect the transformer regardless of how you use it. That powers the circuit as well as the 12v trigger output. As I recall, it does not function just as a passive pass-through.
Got it but I doubt that will be the case, and who knows how long the Marantz will even produce the 2V. I guess I can't complain as the AV7702 MKII is a 2015 model. It's just such a weird failure mode

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I finally got around to resolving this issue. I contacted Marantz and [predictably] they just suggested I replace the unit as it wasn't worth repairing. I was about to order the Emotiva ET-3 when I realized I had a working output trigger on my Epson 6050. I'm now using that to control both amps, via a 3.5mm splitter, which seems to work fine. I'm hoping this configuration will last until I'm finally ready to replace the AV7702MKII.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks