Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

What would you like to see from Twilight Time next?

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 of 170 Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,578 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 11:10 AM

TT has already released one of my favorite films(Conrack) but I'm greedy.  When one of my favorites is released, I move to the next on my list.  And that would be:

tyold.jpg

tyold2.png

The Year Of Living Dangerously(1982-MGM)

With an isolated score by Maurice Jarre(a bit of Vangelis thrown in for good measure).   It would be great.

So what do the rest of you Twilight Time shoppers want?

• benbess likes this

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#2 of 170 trajan

trajan

Supporting Actor

• 612 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 11:34 AM

HAWAII---MISSISSIPPI BURNING---LOVE AND DEATH---A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM--EXODUS.

• ljgranberry likes this

#3 of 170 Worth

Worth

Screenwriter

• 1,063 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:11 PM

I'd love to see The Year of Living Dangerously, as well, but sadly, it's not going to happen. Warner controls it.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.

#4 of 170 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,705 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:21 PM

POPULAR

I mentioned some of my choices in another Twilight Time thread, but I'll throw out another I'd love to see:

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.

• Everett Stallings, ahollis and ljgranberry like this

#5 of 170 Cinescott

Cinescott

Supporting Actor

• 829 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:22 PM

I've mentioned this before, but I think the 1984 MGM Gibson/Hopkins version of "The Bounty" would look great on Blu-ray.

7244310_f520.jpg

• ahollis and LouA like this

"There are two types of people in the world, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

#6 of 170 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,558 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 28 2014 - 12:59 PM

My MGM want list Exodus How To Succeed In Business The Hallelujah Trail A Funny Thing Happened The Russians are Coming The Night They Raided Minsky's Topkapi The Party Alice's Restaurant The Music Lovers Cold Turkey Tom Sawyer Bound For Glory The Hawaiians And of course the Pink Panther titles. I would love to have Hawaii but only the longer Roadshow version.
  • Matt Hough and ljgranberry like this

#7 of 170 SAhmed

SAhmed

Stunt Coordinator

• 157 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:42 PM

I do not who owns the rights but how about the following movies:

Key Largo, The Big Sleep, Hud, Junior Bonner, Cross Of Iron, The Wind And The Lion, Hell In The Pacific, The Yakuza, Streets Of Fire, The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot, Village Of The Damned.

I thought I read somewhere that Warner Bros was going to release Pat Garret And Billy The Kid but if not then add that to the above.

Now, I do know that they don't have rights to two of my Holy Grails in high def specifically El Cid and The Fall Of The Roman Empire.

(maybe even 4K somebody please  :)  )

Regards,

#8 of 170 John Hermes

John Hermes

Supporting Actor

• 703 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa (San Diego) CA

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:43 PM

From Fox - The Young Lions, The Last Wagon, Tony Rome

#9 of 170 bruceames

bruceames

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:50 PM

The Snake Pit 

Call Northside 777 

Nightmare Alley 

My Darling Clementine

Mr. Majestyk

Breakheart Pass

Chato's Land

#10 of 170 john a hunter

john a hunter

Supporting Actor

• 590 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:51 PM

"Give us Barabbas!"-and please be quick about it!

• Robin9 likes this

#11 of 170 Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted March 28 2014 - 01:55 PM

They already released The Flim Flam Man on DVD, so where's the BD?

#12 of 170 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,558 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:04 PM

I do not who owns the rights but how about the following movies:

Key Largo, The Big Sleep, Hud, Junior Bonner, Cross Of Iron, The Wind And The Lion, Hell In The Pacific, The Yakuza, Streets Of Fire, The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot, Village Of The Damned.

I thought I read somewhere that Warner Bros was going to release Pat Garret And Billy The Kid but if not then add that to the above.

Now, I do know that they don't have rights to two of my Holy Grails in high def specifically El Cid and The Fall Of The Roman Empire.
(maybe even 4K somebody please :) ),

Most of those are owned by Warner's and Universal so they are out of the contest since TT does not have an agreement with those companies. HUD, The Land That Time Forgot, The People That Time Forgot are with companies that work with TT.

#13 of 170 ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Supporting Actor

• 867 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:07 PM

Billy Wilder with or without I.A.L. Diamond (One, Two, Three, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Kiss Me, Stupid, Witness for the Prosecution).

Jack Lemmon with or without Walter Matthau (How to Murder Your Wife, Phffft, The Wackiest Ship in the Army, The Front Page, The Fortune Cookie, Operation Mad Ball)

Peter Sellers with and without Margaret Rutherford (both The Mouse That Roared [Sony] & The Mouse on the Moon [MGM], The World of Henry Orient, The Wrong Box, The Party).

Lots of individual titles, including: Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension,  Moulin Rouge (1952), The Flight of the Phoenix, The Sicilian Clan, Sink the Bismarck, Morituri, and any of the Fox Noirs.

• BPullen likes this

#14 of 170 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,075 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:07 PM

Hud is with Paramount and would theoretically be a title licensed to Warner.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#15 of 170 Vegas 1

Vegas 1

Stunt Coordinator

• 56 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:26 PM

The Year of Living Dangerously is on WB's MOD program

#16 of 170 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,106 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:33 PM

The Sicilian Clan is available region-free from Amazon.fr. There are reviews online. The Time Forgot movies are naturals for Shout/Scream Factory.

#17 of 170 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,558 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 28 2014 - 02:45 PM

HELL IN THE PACIFIC is an ABC Pictures film and while it is licensed by MGM from Disney, it more than likely can not be sub-licensed to Twilight. Wish they could for I would love to see SONG OF NORWAY, ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER, and KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA.

#18 of 170 ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Supporting Actor

• 867 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted March 28 2014 - 03:01 PM

The Sicilian Clan is available region-free from Amazon.fr. There are reviews online. The Time Forgot movies are naturals for Shout/Scream Factory.

Thanks Bob. But with that baby I want to see a Twilight Time-calibre showcase including Morricone's hauntingly beautiful score isolated.

Waiting patiently with fingers crossed...

• BPullen likes this

#19 of 170 Jeffrey:K

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit

• 284 posts

Posted March 28 2014 - 04:12 PM

From MGM:

Across 110th Street, Visit to a Chief's Son, Smile, Valentino, Thieves Like Us, The Offence, Gator, White Lightning

From Fox:

W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings, End of the Game, Sodom and Gomorrah, Luna

From Sony/Columbia:

White Line Fever, Buster and Billie, The Stone Killer, California Split

• Mark Cappelletty and BPullen like this

#20 of 170 ahollis

ahollis

Producer

• 5,558 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted March 28 2014 - 04:27 PM

Shout was trying to do W W and the Dixie Dance Kings but there is serious music right problems so the dropped the title. I would not hold my breath on this one. There also appears to be some problems with Buster and Billie.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users