What's new

Unexpected Blu-Ray releases You've Been Delighted to See (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I love the song A Certain Smile but not the Johnny Mathis rendition. Sammy Fain wrote the melody and he composed several songs for 20th Century Fox in the mid to late 1950s.

The Story Of Ruth was released on a reasonably good DVD. I don't know if it's still available. I believe you're the third person in this forum ever to express enthusiasm for this movie. I'm one of the three and you can probably guess who's the third.
I hoped for decades that A CERTAIN SMILE would be released in its original aspect ratio. Last week I discovered on Amazon.de a dvd with the film in both 2.55 and 2.35 aspect ratio. The dvd arrived today and it is all region encoded. The print has definitely not been restored at all. The colors are faded but I was happy to see this film finally in Cinemascope. Another dvd arrived, THE VIEW FROM POMPEY'S HEAD ( 2.35 aspect ratio) that is also all region.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I hoped for decades that A CERTAIN SMILE would be released in its original aspect ratio. Last week I discovered on Amazon.de a dvd with the film in both 2.55 and 2.35 aspect ratio. The dvd arrived today and it is all region encoded. The print has definitely not been restored at all. The colors are faded but I was happy to see this film finally in Cinemascope. Another dvd arrived, THE VIEW FROM POMPEY'S HEAD ( 2.35 aspect ratio) that is also all region.
Thank you for that information. I note your reservations about the picture quality but I'll probably buy these discs at some point when I've worked through my backlog of new discs . . . . . and bills to pay!

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Thank you for that information. I note your reservations about the picture quality but I'll probably buy these discs at some point when I've worked through my backlog of new discs . . . . . and bills to pay!
Both discs were limited to only 1200 copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks