What's new

Which Classic Westerns would you like to see Remastered to Blu-Ray? (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I have to disagree with you about the Blu-ray that Paramount issued a while ago of ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST. Just like the prior double-disc DVD, I think it looks wonderful (although a 4K would be welcome, too). I think they really did give it "the love."
I never said OUATITW was an inferior edition..? I stated there were other films in need of some love as well.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Cagney was a great song and dance man but he predated Rex in the sprechstimme fach. In fact I would say even Rex sang more than Cagney did in his musicals.

Marvin's Wandrin Star is sui generis. Clint Eastwood's I talk to the Trees which he actually sings is just poor. It's like a really bad audition.
The film comes across so much better on a large screen in 70 mm and 6 track stereo. On TV it is pretty lousy.
One thing that is lost to time is the dances of Agnes de Mille which were supposed to have been great.

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Looking at the site that lists forthcoming German Blu-ray releases, I see that Mackenna's Gold (1969) is being released on January 21st. it's a Mediabook & standard release. I don't know if it's a new transfer or not, but even if it isn't, at least it won't have forced subs like the French release (but with a Mediabook release I'm hoping it is a new transfer) - it's early days (not even on Amazon.de yet) & the specs aren't all in (or the final cover), it states mono for the soundtrack, which I'm sure isn't correct.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks