What's new

FOX MAY BE ON ENDANGERED SPECIES LIST, BLU-RAY WISE (1 Viewer)

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Based on what I’ve read here and other Fox threads, I don’t think we will see any further releases of previously released titles on Blu-ray, or titles new to home video on BD or DVD. That’s the impression I’m getting.
Many of my favorites are from Fox, Fox TV , Four Star etc. Things like Fear Strikes Out, Harry And Tonto , shows like Saints And Sinners, Trackdown.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Based on what I’ve read here and other Fox threads, I don’t think we will see any further releases of previously released titles on Blu-ray, or titles new to home video on BD or DVD. That’s the impression I’m getting.
Many of my favorites are from Fox, Fox TV , Four Star etc. Things like Fear Strikes Out, Harry And Tonto , shows like Saints And Sinners, Trackdown.
Disney Bans Fox Films:angry:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Fox titles are available for rent and purchase digitally, so I don’t think there’s some sort of conspiracy to suppress them on Disney’s part. I just don’t think they thought it was worth their while to release them on disc.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Fox titles are available for rent and purchase digitally, so I don’t think there’s some sort of conspiracy to suppress them on Disney’s part. I just don’t think they thought it was worth their while to release them on disc.
Wherever there is a void, newer markets evolve.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member

There was a UHD planned of Patton and years after Disney took over there is not even a UHD streaming version of it.

Oh well, there are studios that are not worth MY while and with very few exceptions Disney is a prime example of that.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Lack of physical.releases of Fox films by Disney is just poetic justice in my book.

cinemel1

Second Unit
Real Name
Mel Matsil
There's a rights issue with that one.
It almost came out at one point and then was withdrawn. However, the wonderful Jerome Kern soundtrack score was released on a CD. Great songs: Up with the Lark, In Love in Vain, All Through the Day (I Dream about the Night)), Centennail (opening). Great sounding with the wonderfully rich 20th Century Fox orchestra and chorus.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
There was a UHD planned of Patton and years after Disney took over there is not even a UHD streaming version of it.

Oh well, there are studios that are not worth MY while and with very few exceptions Disney is a prime example of that.
It stinks for me to be passionate yet powerless; so I must also find something else that is worthy of MY while, as well. Good tip, OliverK, good tip.

Last edited:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
It almost came out at one point and then was withdrawn. However, the wonderful Jerome Kern soundtrack score was released on a CD. Great songs: Up with the Lark, In Love in Vain, All Through the Day (I Dream about the Night)), Centennail (opening). Great sounding with the wonderfully rich 20th Century Fox orchestra and chorus.
I edited that CD. :)

I can't recall if I started work on the isolated score or not. It was a few years ago.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
There was a UHD planned of Patton and years after Disney took over there is not even a UHD streaming version of it...
There is, just not in the US. It’s available in 4K on Disney+ internationally.

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
There is, just not in the US. It’s available in 4K on Disney+ internationally.

It is very reassuring that by moving to another country it could be possible to enjoy Patton in UHD, well done Disney!

Do you have a link?

Reactions: PMF

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
It is very reassuring that by moving to another country it could be possible to enjoy Patton in UHD, well done Disney!

Do you have a link?
Not a link, as such, but I’ve seen it.
IMG_0046.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks