What's new

Press Release Press Release: The Puppetoon Movie Volume 3 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE PUPPETOONS ARE BACK!

THE PUPPETOON MOVIE VOLUME 3

COMING TO PUPPETOON.NET

SEPTEMBER 1, 2023

342878_front.jpg

The Puppetoon Movie Volume 3 Blu-Ray Limited Edi0on is a third landmark collection of 28 more spectacular George Pal Academy Award®-winning stop-mo0on and cel animated shorts, totalingsome 5 hours of content. Each cartoon has been restored from its original
Technicolor nega0ves. Fans will enjoy the return of Punchy & Judy, Jim Dandy, Rusty, Dr. Seuss, Jan and JaneNe, Mr. Strauss, Jasper and the Screwball Army; plus the first Puppetoon key anima0on work fromlegendary animator Ray Harryhausen.

Long before Pal ignited audiences’ imagina0ons with feature film classics like The Time Machine (1960) and The War of the Worlds (1953), he made PUPPETOONS! These brilliantly conceived short subjects astounded the world. Now animated marvels, not seen in decades, are back. All are restored in high defini0onand are more beau0ful than ever.

Moviegoers were stunned in 1987 when producer-director Arnold Leibovit reintroduced Pal’s Technicolor Puppetoons to a new genera0on with his loving tribute The Puppetoon Movie, hosted by Gumby and Pokey. Puppetoons not seen in years was both an anima0on event and a much-deserved tribute honoring the legacy of their creator, sci-fi & fantasy pioneer George Pal. The feature compiled a number of Puppetoons Palcreated in the 1930s and 1940s.

When The Puppetoon Movie was restored in high defini0on for Blu-ray in 2013, it was met with enthusiasm. Excitement grew when a second volume of restored Puppetoons came to Blu-ray in 2020 with The PuppetoonMovie Volume 2, which received wide acclaim. Many were thrilled to learn that yet a third volume was in the works.Now, acer nearly 4 years of me0culous restora0on, The Puppetoon Movie Volume 3 has at last arrived.

Included are six restored Successive Exposure Nega0ve (SEN) Puppetoons: Western Daze (1940, the first for Paramount Pictures), Bravo Mr. Strauss (1943, where The Screwball Army returns), The Truck That Flew (1943, introducing the memorable melody Moonlight Holiday), Together in the Weather (1946, stars Punchy & Judy, who were designed by Walt Disney animator Fred Moore), Hotlip Jasper (1945, featuring trumpet virtuoso Raphael Mendez) and Jasper’s Derby (1946, scored to the classic Gypsy Airs).

Seven Paramount SEN preserva0on prints return from Volume 1 this 0me in even higher resolu0on with vastly improved restora0ons. Included are four of the seven Academy Award®- nominated Puppetoons for Best Animated Short Subject: Dr. Seuss’s The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins (1943), Dr. Seuss’s And ToThink That I Saw It On Mulberry Street (1944), Rhythm in the Ranks (1941) and Jasper and the Beanstalk (1945); plus Date with Duke (1947, Duke Ellington), Rhapsody in Wood (1947, Woody Herman) and The SkyPrincess (1941). Also added are cel animated discoveries from Europe: The Old Woman Who Lived In AShoe (1940), The Queen Was In The Parlour (1939), The Good Bear and the Bad Bear (1940) and A FairyTale About A Melancholic King (1934).

The Puppetoon Movie Volume 3 contains one milestone Puppetoon acer another, thanks to the coopera0on of Paramount Pictures, The Library of Congress, The Bri0sh Film Ins0tute, UCLA Film & Television Archive, The Eye Filmmuseum, The Philips Company, GlaxoSmithKline, J Walter Thompson, ASIFA Hollywood, The Na0onal Film Archive Czech Republic, Bio Vakan0eoord and others.

So, journey back to a 0me of magic and wonder and experience once again George Pal’s one-of- a-kindPuppetoons!

The Puppetoon Movie Volume 3 is coming to Puppetoon.Net September 1, 2023.

CONTENTS​

Puppetoons (High DefiniFon)

Western Daze (1940)
The Ballet of Red Radio Valves (1938) Bravo Mr. Strauss(1943)
Hotlip Jasper (1945)
Together in the Weather (1946) Jasper’s Music Lesson(1943) Rhythm in the Ranks (1941)
The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins (1943) The Truck ThatFlew (1943)
Date with Duke (1947) On Parade (1936)
The Tool Box (1970)
Jasper and the Beanstalk (1945) My Man Jasper(1945)
The Sky Princess (1941) Jasper’s Boobytraps(1945) Rhapsody in Wood (1947) Jasper’s Derby(1946)
Aladdin and the Magic Lamp (1939)
And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street (1944) Shoe Shine Jasper(1947)

Cel Animated (High DefiniFon)​

The Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe (1940) The Queen Was InThe Parlour (1939)
The Good Bear and the Bad Bear (1940)
A Fairy Tale About A Melancholic King (1934) Charlie’s WorldCruise (1936)
Friend in Need (1940) World’s Greatest Show(1935)

Extras​

Sweet Pacific (1947)

Previously Unreleased George Pal Interview (1970)

The Fantasy Film Worlds of George Pal (1985) Expanded Interviews: Ray Harryhausen, Ray Bradbury, Gene Roddenberry,

Roy E. Disney, Joe Dante, Russ Tamblyn, Wah Chang, Duke Goldstone,Bob Baker

Full Produc0on and Donor Credits

Includes 20-Panel Color Booklet, Liner Notes by Arnold Leibovit Blu-rayTechnical SpecificaFon​

Digital Video: 1080p High-Defini0on; Original Aspect Ra0o 1.37:1 Audio: DTS-HDMaster Audio 2.0 Mono

Bit Rate: 25 Mbps

Sub0tles: 3 Short Subjects Op0onal English Run Time: 282minutes Technicolor/Gasparcolor/Black & White DiscConfigura0on: BD Dual Layer

Region Free. Not Rated

Studio: Arnold Leibovit Entertainment/Puppetoon Produc0ons UPC:051497249144

Package Dimension: 0.7 x 6.3 x 5.4 inches, 4.0 Ounces

Featured Characters: Punchy & Judy, Jim Dandy, Rusty, Dr. Seuss, Jan and JaneNe, Mr. Strauss, Jasper,The Screwball Army

Directors: George Pal, Arnold Leibovit

Puppetoon Animators and ArFsts: George Pal, Ray Harryhausen, Willis O’Brien, Wah Ming Chang, GeneWarren Sr., Duke Goldstone, Bob Baker, Fred Moore, Erwin Broner, George E. Jordan, Reginald Massie,John S. AbboN, Herb Johnson, Willard Oberlin, Dale Tholen, Miles Pike, Blanding Sloane, Stuart O’Brien, Isador Jimmy Stone

Voice Actors: Mel Blanc, Victory Jory, Thurl Ravenscroc, Pat McGeehan, Billy Bletcher, Rex Ingram, RobertC. Bruce, Byron Kane, Glenn Leedy, Sara Berner, Roy Glenn, Alvin Childress, Eloise Rawitzer, LillianRandolph, Malcomn McEachern, Sam Browne, Ruby Dandridge, Evelyn Dall, Sam Edwards, Walter Tetley

Musical Talent: Peggy Lee, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Woody Herman, Andre Kostelanetz, DavidRaksin, Rafael Mendez, Raymond ScoN, William Eddison Von ONenfeld, Arling Martyn, Maurice De Packh,Del Porter, Clarence Wheeler, Thurston Knudson, Debroy Somers, Hugo De Groot, Joe Hajos, Bela Radics,The Lajos Kiss and Jack Hylton Orchestras.

John_Simpson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John C Simpson
I received my copy last week and I have to tell you, I got very emotional seeing how beautiful the transfers were. Some shorts from Volumes 1 & 2 were remastered in this Volume as well. I can unequivocally say that you can see why the restorations took four years.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Jusy opened up my copy and was thrilled to see how pristine these amazing shorts were brought back from the dead. I remember these from my childhood on Saturday morning TV fare.
If you get a chance listen to Tim Millard's Extras episode that dives deeper into this 35 year project and the drive and passion that put this all together for all of us that love these and also for those that have never seen these, but need too.
One tidbit tackles the reason behind the adding of seven shorts that were on Vol 1, being redone and added to this Vol 3...
Also a new upcoming project related to the style of Pupprtoons' George Pal, yet no mention of him seems a bit off, but you be the judge.

PUPPETOON

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arnie
Jusy opened up my copy and was thrilled to see how pristine these amazing shorts were brought back from the dead. I remember these from my childhood on Saturday morning TV fare.
If you get a chance listen to Tim Millard's Extras episode that dives deeper into this 35 year project and the drive and passion that put this all together for all of us that love these and also for those that have never seen these, but need too.
One tidbit tackles the reason behind the adding of seven shorts that were on Vol 1, being redone and added to this Vol 3...
Also a new upcoming project related to the style of Pupprtoons' George Pal, yet no mention of him seems a bit off, but you be the judge.

Hi Capt D McMars:
You must be referring the new 4K scan of The Puppetoon Movie that is being re-master and restored. Not sure if it will be a UHD or Blu-ray. Either way the quality will be the same as I will be doing a Dual Layer just like Volume 3. The new project certainly centers on George Pal beginning and end! Not sure what you heard or what I might have said? Will be posting images of the new restoration and the progress.
Thanks
Arnie Leibovit
Producer-Director

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Hi Capt D McMars:
You must be referring the new 4K scan of The Puppetoon Movie that is being re-master and restored. Not sure if it will be a UHD or Blu-ray. Either way the quality will be the same as I will be doing a Dual Layer just like Volume 3. The new project certainly centers on George Pal beginning and end! Not sure what you heard or what I might have said? Will be posting images of the new restoration and the progress.
Thanks
Arnie Leibovit
Producer-Director
Thanks Arnie, I bought both Vol 1&2, with an amazing family of stop motion animation. The great George Pal legacy lives on!! Keep on exploring the Pal Archives...many thanks!! I look forward to this project as well.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
PLEASE VOTE!

I just learned THE PUPPETOON MOVIE VOL 3 has received a RONDO AWARD NOMINATION FOR BEST BLU-RAY COLLECTION OF THE YEAR!

This support will help the efforts to continue these important restorations.

How To Vote: Please send an email to David Colton at [email protected] no later than Tuesday night at midnight, April 16, 2024 with the selection of:

The Puppetoon Movie Vol. 3 (Puppetoon Productions). Arnold Leibovit presents 28 more of George Pal’s animated shorts in Category 4 - Best Blu-ray Collection

One vote per person. Every email must include your name to be counted. All votes are kept strictly confidential. No emails nor personal information will ever be shared with anyone.

"Thanks to everyone for all your support these many years. Working on restoring the Puppetoons has been one of great joys of my life and I am so pleased so many have appreciated the effort. It makes the doing all the more worth it. And thanks to all who recommended Puppetoon 3 for a nomination. A many years labor of love restoration effort assisted by an amazing array of film industry friends and dozens of professional technicians the world over including Paramount Pictures, our incredible donors and the community of animation lovers without whose assistance and encouragement none of this would have been possible. And of course the inception of such a venture would never have happened without the creative genius of the late George Pal and the abiding faith his wife Zsoka Pal had in me for the nearly 25 years we were friends before her passing. Hopefully dear George and Zsoka are smiling down from the stars" ~ Arnold Leibovit, Producer-Director

PUPPETOON

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arnie
PLEASE VOTE!

I just learned THE PUPPETOON MOVIE VOL 3 has received a RONDO AWARD NOMINATION FOR BEST BLU-RAY COLLECTION OF THE YEAR!

This support will help the efforts to continue these important restorations.

How To Vote: Please send an email to David Colton at [email protected] no later than Tuesday night at midnight, April 16, 2024 with the selection of:

The Puppetoon Movie Vol. 3 (Puppetoon Productions). Arnold Leibovit presents 28 more of George Pal’s animated shorts in Category 4 - Best Blu-ray Collection

One vote per person. Every email must include your name to be counted. All votes are kept strictly confidential. No emails nor personal information will ever be shared with anyone.

"Thanks to everyone for all your support these many years. Working on restoring the Puppetoons has been one of great joys of my life and I am so pleased so many have appreciated the effort. It makes the doing all the more worth it. And thanks to all who recommended Puppetoon 3 for a nomination. A many years labor of love restoration effort assisted by an amazing array of film industry friends and dozens of professional technicians the world over including Paramount Pictures, our incredible donors and the community of animation lovers without whose assistance and encouragement none of this would have been possible. And of course the inception of such a venture would never have happened without the creative genius of the late George Pal and the abiding faith his wife Zsoka Pal had in me for the nearly 25 years we were friends before her passing. Hopefully dear George and Zsoka are smiling down from the stars" ~ Arnold Leibovit, Producer-Director https://puppetoon.net
Pup3Rondo.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks