What's new

Press Release Warner Archive Collection Press Release: Looney Tunes Collector's Choice Volume 3 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
420932390_796446032521079_8847179596288163405_n.jpg

COMING TO BLU-RAY FROM THE WARNER ARCHIVE COLLECTION ON MARCH 12th:
LOONEY TUNES COLLECTOR'S CHOICE VOL. 3!
They say the third time's the charm, to which we'll add THREE times the fun and 300 times the laughs! Looney Tunes Collector's Choice Volume 3 provides 25 classic Warner Bros. cartoons, here for the first time on Blu-ray and spanning 30 years (1934-1964), the Golden Age of animation! And with rarities featuring Daffy Duck, Foghorn Leghorn, and Tweety & Sylvester - directed by Warner Bros. cartoon geniuses Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Tex Avery and Robert McKimson-this collection is one for the ages. Highlights include some of the first and last original Bugs Bunny shorts; landmark early appearances by Egghead and Elmer, hilarious rarities with Bobo the Elephant and Quentin Quail; and the first color Merrie Melodies short "Honeymoon Hotel".

THE PRESENTATION CONTAINS:
1. A Feud There Was (1938) Elmer Fudd/Egghead-Directed by Tex Avery
2. A Hop, Skip and a Chump (1942)-Directed by Friz Freleng
3. China Jones(1959) Daffy Duck & Porky Pig-Directed by Chuck Jones
4. Cinderella Meets Fella (1938) Egghead-Directed by Tex Avery
5. Dumb Patrol (1964) Bugs Bunny-Directed by Gerry Chiniquy
6. Egghead Rides Again (1937) Egghead-Directed by Tex Avery
7. Elmer’s Pet Rabbit (1941)Bugs Bunny & Elmer Fudd-Directed by Chuck Jones
8. Hobo Bobo (1947) Bobo the Elephant-Directed by Robert McKimson
9. Honeymoon Hotel (1934)-Directed by Earl Duvall
10.I Only Have Eyes For You (1937)-Directed by Tex Avery
11.Mexican Joyride (1947) Daffy Duck-Directed by Arthur Davis
12.Mr.and Mrs. Is The Name (1935) Directed by Friz Freleng
13.Of Rice and Hen (1953) Foghorn Lenghorn-Directed by Robert McKimson
14.Pre-Hysterical Hare (1958) Bugs Bunny-Directed by Robert McKimson
15.Punch Trunk (1953)-Directed by Chuck Jones
16.Quentin Quail (1946) Quentin Quail-Directed by Chuck Jones
17.Riff Raffy Daffy (1948) Daffy Duck & Porky Pig-Directed by Arthur Davis
18.Saddle Silly (1941)-Directed by Chuck Jones
19.Sheep Ahoy (1954) Ralph Wolf & Sam Sheepdog-Directed by Chuck Jones
20.The Mouse on 57th Street, The (1961)-Directed by Chuck Jones
21.The Sheepish Wolf (1942)-Directed by Friz Freleng
22.There Auto Be a Law (1953)-Directed by Robert McKimson
23.Tugboat Granny (1956) Tweety & Sylvester-Directed by Friz Freleng
24.War And Pieces (1964) Wile E. Coyote & Road Runner-Directed by Chuck Jones and Maurice Noble
25.Wet Hare (1962) Bugs Bunny-Directed by Robert McKimson

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Posted this on the WAC thread but here are my thoughts:
Excellent news! The more volumes of this series the better. I wouldn’t say the shorts are as strong as volume 2 but there’s still plenty to enjoy. Highlights for me are the shorts directed by Davis and Avery but I’m also really happy to see Honeymoon Hotel included.
I’m glad there’s a couple of lesser PC cartoons being included and I’d like to see this trend continue. WAC shouldn’t fear releasing stuff from the time period it was made.
Surprised theres only one Sylvester short however. I feel he’s been slightly neglected so far on these discs. I’d like to see this address in future volumes.
Another instant buy for me. WAC might as well just have instant access to my bank account these days 🤣

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Thad really knows his stuff so this review makes me excited for this even more.
Now we need more Tweety and Sylvester and B&W Porky on the next volumes.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
The HTF review has been posted HERE.
Fantastic, enthusiastic and undoubtedly even exhaustive within your preparations, Timothy E. So impressive are your Loony Tunes reviews. Don’t change a thing.

Is there any known order, pattern or theme that runs through these volumes?

Like you, I wish to have seen these animated shorts presented chronologically.

Other than that, I am grateful that WAC is going full-steam ahead with their Loony Tunes library.

Last edited:

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Fantastic, enthusiastic and maybe even exhaustive, Timothy E. So impressive are your Loony Tunes reviews.

Is there any known order, pattern or theme that runs through these volumes?

Like you, I wish to have seen these animated shorts presented chronologically.

Other than that, I am grateful that WAC is going full-steam ahead with their Loony Tunes library.
I’m more than happy with the alphabetical approach they’re taking for the sequencing on this discs now.

Hoping we can get another volume by June.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I’m more than happy with the alphabetical approach they’re taking for the sequencing on this discs now.

Hoping we can get another volume by June.
Ah, it’s alphabetical. That’s a different approach, but also very cool. Thanks for sharing this.

Last edited:

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Sounds like a great release. Can't say the lack of special features isn't disappointing though. WB must have tons of stuff they could throw on there.

Broomy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
Sounds like a great release. Can't say the lack of special features isn't disappointing though. WB must have tons of stuff they could throw on there.
The original few WAC releases had very little in the way of new special features (a habit which seems to follow RKO releases to this day) so I’m hopeful we may get some pre-made features at some point.
However if adding features reduced the number of shorts included then I’d pick shorts every time.

I’d really love an all black and white release this year (maybe volume 4 or 5) with appropriate black and white cover art. Theres some absolute classic Porkys just waiting to be released in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks