What's new

newbie questions (1 Viewer)

Geoff P

Auditioning
I'm renovating my apartment and want to build a HT with a plasma screen and have the cabling hiden within conduits in the wall.

1) Big question is what kind of cable should I use to connect the screen with the source?

As I have to pull the cable through a 3/4" conduit, a SCART won't fit. And if I get a plasma TV with its own tuner, that means a proprietary cable that won't fit either.

2) If I'm going to use the TV's own speakers when watching TV, I presume that I'll need to pull a L and R audio channel through the wall too. Correct?

3) Am I correct in thinking that all audio and video sources go into a receiver (yet to buy) and then there's just a single video connection to the TV, a stereo audio connection to TV, and a digital audio connection to my stereo?

thanks

Geoff

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
Geoff what plasma TV are you buying. Some models lack speakers in them..actually most do. Something to consider. Mike

Geoff P

Auditioning
haven't totally decided which plasma TV yet, but I think I'll probably get a LG MT-24PZ12, as it's more affordable than most, and is being sold with speakers included.

Mike_J_D

Stunt Coordinator
Oh cool....I'm really surprised this thread has not been moved to the DIY page. You might have better luck in there. Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks