What's new

Onkyo speakers with other amplifier (1 Viewer)

Saqibiqbal

Auditioning
Real Name
Saqib Iqbal Dawood
I bought onkyo 5channel home theater system and its receiver has died, unable to get ot repaired. Can some one advise which other receiver can be used to get max output from below speakers ( with configs)

- 5 channels: max power handling 120w, impedance 6

- sub woofer: max power handling 120w, impedance 6

Apology for basic question, totally newbie in this.

Regards
Saqib

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You can use any receiver with the 5-channel speakers.

However, you will not be able to use the subwoofer. Receivers typically only have a line-level output for subwoofers, as most subwoofers have their own built-in amplifiers. That won’t work with your subwoofer because it does not have a built-in amplifier.

You could buy an amplifier that would work with the subwoofer. However, that money would be better spent on a subwoofer with its own amplifier built it. As a bonus, for the price you’ll be getting a better subwoofer.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Saqibiqbal

Auditioning
Real Name
Saqib Iqbal Dawood
Apology for late reply.
I dont have any idea abt the prices, my requirement is to have gud quality sound for my 12x15 tv room...not too much to host parties or anything.. simple good system which does justice to movies like top gun maverick or avatar

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks