What's new

Buying some speakers for my Yamaha RX-V861 7.2 channel Receiver (1 Viewer)

Pitman907

Auditioning
Real Name
Kino Medina
Hello folks. Newbie here. I'm not super smart when it comes to home theater systems so please bear with me. I just bought this receiver for $100 locally and now I just need to get 2 floor speakers and 1 sub. My question is, what kind of speakers as far as specs (wattage, impedance, etc) should I get for this receiver? Anything you would recommend somewhere between $400-$700 new/used? I see a lot on bestbuy but I am not exactly sure which ones have great reputation and real reviews from the experts here. I will be using the system for music streaming from my phone/ipad (bought a bluetooth adapter) and also for movies (4k Visio TV). Thank you folks in advance!

Here are the specs online for my receiver:
POWER OUTPUT:
100 W (20 Hz - 20 kHz, 2 channels driven @ 8 ohms, 0.09% THD)
110 W (1 kHz, 2 channels driven @ 8 ohms, 0.9% THD)

DYNAMIC POWER:
140 W @ 8 ohms
180 W @ 6 ohms
210 W @ 4 ohms
250 W @ 2 ohms

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
In your budget, floor standing speakers will be difficult. If you're looking at Best Buy, they do sell the ELAC Debut v.2, and the B6.2 bookshelf speakers are $400 a pair, though there are frequent sales on them, if you can wait. A sub will be pretty limited. A BIC F12 or Dayton SUB-1200 would be worth considering.

Pitman907

Auditioning
Real Name
Kino Medina
Thank you very much folks for your responses. Very helpful people here.
In your budget, floor standing speakers will be difficult. If you're looking at Best Buy, they do sell the ELAC Debut v.2, and the B6.2 bookshelf speakers are $400 a pair, though there are frequent sales on them, if you can wait. A sub will be pretty limited. A BIC F12 or Dayton SUB-1200 would be worth considering.
Hello John and thank you for the recommendations. I have some discounts at bestbuy and I found these floorspeakers and I was wondering what do you think of these:

Polk xt60 ($150 each) and xt70 ($230 each)
Definitive Technology BP9020 ($350 each)

They all have subwoofer built in so I may not need a sub. Any thoughts? thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks