What's new

Sanyo GXT-4545K speaker selection (1 Viewer)

PrairieDawg

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob
Hi all. My son recently received a Sanyo GXT 4545K Turntable/tapedeck/AM-FM radio setup from a friend ("free" is always the best price :) ). We need to connect some speakers to it but are unsure of what type of speakers will work with it. After much googling for this info, I was able to locate a spec sheet for a Model GXT 4545. I'm figuring that there probably isn't much difference between Models 4545K and 4545.
The spec sheet lists the following under "Audio Amplifier Section":
Continuous power output (RMS) 1KHz, both channels driven at impedance 8 ohms --- 7W + 7W
There are only 2 jacks on the back of the setup. One for Left and one for Right.
So, I should be looking for speakers that are 8 ohm impedance and are max 7W each, correct?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Probably not worth bothering... but if you must, then just scavenge something (I suppose from a recognizable brand) rated at 8 ohms and very efficient, eg. probably something rated at >=90db/watt. Other typically reported speaker power ratings won't really matter, especially given the very low powered amp built into that all-in-one component (and whatever other very modest qualities).

And just don't expect it to sound all that good, but only hope for something serviceable and enjoyable enough... perhaps to hold him over til he can or want to afford much better...

Cheers!

_Man_

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah. The truth is, free is not always the best price, especially when it will cost money to find out if something even works. You'll need extremely efficient speakers, as Man said, and you'll need to put RCA plugs on the wires. I'm actually not certain how the polarity would be wired on that. Probably the center is hot (red).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks