What's new

DTV, Marantz N-1609, Samsung 65" RU8000 (1 Viewer)

BCsepright

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven Epright
I am currently using a Samsung 65-inch television RU8000 connected to a Marantz Receiver N-1609 1using HDMI 4 (arch). I use Direct TV for my TV programming. Specifically NFL Sunday ticket. I am questioning how I can use a device such as an iPad or iPhone to stream audio While using the direct tv feed for the game video. during while using NFL Sunday ticket programing. I can get the audio feed on Sirius XM on both devices and an App on the TV. I know there must be several easy ways to do this and I think I saw a setup screen somewhere that allowed for audio and video for two different sources. can someone help me with your thoughts and experience?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The simplest way (sorry I didn't look up the TV to see specifics about it) is to stream NFL using an app in the TV, completely bypassing the receiver for that, and stream music to the receiver.

I hope that makes sense.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
An alternative, if the TV can't stream NFL, is to get a cheap Roku that can, and plug it directly into an hdmi on the TV and choose that input to watch, while doing that same thing I suggested for music.

BCsepright

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven Epright
An alternative, if the TV can't stream NFL, is to get a cheap Roku that can, and plug it directly into an hdmi on the TV and choose that input to watch, while doing that same thing I suggested for music.
I am currently using a Samsung 65-inch television RU8000 connected to a Marantz Receiver N-1609 1using HDMI 4 (arch). I use Direct TV for my TV programming. Specifically NFL Sunday ticket. I am questioning how I can use a device such as an iPad or iPhone to stream audio While using the direct tv feed for the game video. during while using NFL Sunday ticket programing. I can get the audio feed on Sirius XM on both devices and an App on the TV. I know there must be several easy ways to do this and I think I saw a setup screen somewhere that allowed for audio and video for two different sources. can someone help me with your thoughts and experience?

So most likely didnt explain it correctly. I get the games on Sunday ticket and my HDMI connection gets me great sound from the DTV feed. No issues there. I'm trying to make the audio my home team announcer from XM instead of the game feed from DTV. I can do it now on my iPad, video from DTV, audio from XM radio. I'm trying to get the XM audio through my receiver, so I get that big stadium sound.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It’s still unclear how you get Sunday Ticket, but if it can be done with an app in the TV, then that takes care of the video. Then, your receiver has AirPlay, so just use that to send audio from the iPad to the receiver. The thing is, you can’t run the video through the receiver. It needs to come from the TV, or be fed directly to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks