What's new

What would you like to see from Twilight Time next? (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
SEVEN CITIES IF GOLD (Anthony Quinn),
KING OF the KHYBER RIFLES (Tyrone Power), I want Garden of Evil Presdents Lady

Razors Edge and Marilyn 1963 the latter at the top of my list. Somethings Got to Give restored and released already on DVD would be great too.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Kyrsten Brad said:
Thank God Its Friday (1978)Skatetown USA (1979)Way Way Out (1966), might get released as part of a Jerry Lewis blu-package.Xanadu (1980), to do with my new TT copy of Cover Girl (1944).
XANADU is Universal. Not happening with Twilight. And WAY WAY OUT is Paramount, again not happening with Twilight.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
AnthonyClarke said:
New Faces of 1952 .... please....
That's one I'd truly love to see with a decent looking 16:9 Widescreen transfer and it's original full stereo soundtrack.

The early Cinemascope production of "New Faces" was originally released by Fox but seems to have slipped into public domain, although I suspect that the estate of the original Broadway producer Leonard Sillman might still have some interest in it.

Fox subsidiary Key Video did release a wide screen/stereo version on VHS many years ago. I've never been able to track it down.
All existing DVD releases are poor to atrocious, the recent VCI Entertainment release in 4:3 letterbox with supposed Stereophonic?? sound is the best of a miserable lot, but at least it is Widescreen and has much better color than the others.
It is unfortunately Interlaced and the left hand side of the image has a small amount of distortion.
There are a few missing frames, so It appears to have come from a collector's print.

new1.jpg
new2.jpg

new3.jpg
new4.jpg

(Images from the VCI Entertainment DVD)

I live in hope, but I doubt we will ever see a decent version. Very sad.

Doug.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
ahollis said:
HELL IN THE PACIFIC is an ABC Pictures film and while it is licensed by MGM from Disney, it more than likely can not be sub-licensed to Twilight. Wish they could for I would love to see SONG OF NORWAY, ADVENTURES OF TOM SAWYER, and KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA.
Picked up a used copy of the Anchor Bay DVD of KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA for $4 recently. The disc is widescreen non-anamorphic but would look GREAT in blu-ray. The special effects and miniature work are incredible. Nice to see the disc open up with the "Cinerama Presents..." logo as well.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
The Major & the Minor was a Paramount film now owned by Universal. So it is them and maybe Criterion in USA or Masters of Cinema in UK(Eureka.

cb1

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
since I don't think anybody else will do it. I would be thrilled if TT restored 1956 Moby Dick.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Mark Cappelletty said:
I'd like to see, well, a ton of films. But if I had to narrow it down to five that haven't been brought up yet (throwing my hat in for BUCKAROO BANZAI, LOVE AND DEATH, LORD JIM, WOMEN IN LOVE and a GATOR/WHITE LIGHTNING double-bill):

I'd love it if they ever got a deal with Lionsgate. And if they (or Shout Factory) put out some of MGM's Blaxploitation films out on Blu.
Second Buckaroo Banzai. I believe it is coming available overseas on blu-ray (either the UK or Germany and it might be region free or compatible (as was my German blu-ray of Wanda Nevada).

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
moviepas said:
The Major & the Minor was a Paramount film now owned by Universal. So it is them and maybe Criterion in USA or Masters of Cinema in UK(Eureka.
I'd love to see "Major and the Minor" released by Masters of Cinema.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
ROclockCK said:
Billy Wilder with or without I.A.L. Diamond (One, Two, Three, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Kiss Me, Stupid, Witness for the Prosecution).

Jack Lemmon with or without Walter Matthau (How to Murder Your Wife, Phffft, The Wackiest Ship in the Army, The Front Page, The Fortune Cookie, Operation Mad Ball)

Peter Sellers with and without Margaret Rutherford (both The Mouse That Roared [Sony] & The Mouse on the Moon [MGM], The World of Henry Orient, The Wrong Box, The Party).

Lots of individual titles, including: Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension, Moulin Rouge (1952), The Flight of the Phoenix, The Sicilian Clan, Sink the Bismarck, Morituri, and any of the Fox Noirs.
Witness for the Prosecution is available on blu in Australia via Umbrella Films http://www.umbrellaent.com.au/p-3879-witness-for-the-prosecution-blu-ray.aspx. Although the website says Region B, t's my understanding from another forum that it's Region Free and looks pretty good. It is available online via JBHiFi and a couple of other Aussie online retailers. $22 but $8-10 shipping from Australia.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
From MGM/UA (if Wikipedia is accurate, all these were UA releases):

Brannigan
Breakheart Pass
The Big Sleep (Robert Mitchum version)
The Hospital
Hornets Nest
The Bridge at Remagen
Last Embrace
Eye of the Needle
Operation Crossbow
Battleground (1948)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
atfree said:
From MGM/UA (if Wikipedia is accurate, all these were UA releases):

Brannigan
Breakheart Pass
The Big Sleep (Robert Mitchum version)
The Hospital
Hornets Nest
The Bridge at Remagen
Last Embrace
Eye of the Needle
Operation Crossbow
Battleground (1948)
The Big Sleep (1978) is with Lionsgate.

Battleground (1949), Operation Crossbow (1965) are with Warner.

The others are indeed MGM.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
ROclockCK said:
Billy Wilder with or without I.A.L. Diamond (One, Two, Three, The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Kiss Me, Stupid, Witness for the Prosecution).

Peter Sellers with and without Margaret Rutherford (both The Mouse That Roared [Sony] & The Mouse on the Moon [MGM], The World of Henry Orient, The Wrong Box, The Party).
Sorry to be picky, but Peter Sellers wasn't in The Mouse On The Moon, Margaret Rutherford was. It's a great little movie (directed by Richard Lester). I have happy memories of seeing it at the pictures & would have to buy it.

Two Billy Wilder's I'd love are, Irma La Douce & The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes. Oh gawd, so many great & enjoyable movies still to be released in HD!

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Billy Batson said:
Sorry to be picky, but Peter Sellers wasn't in The Mouse On The Moon, Margaret Rutherford was. It's a great little movie (directed by Richard Lester). I have happy memories of seeing it at the pictures & would have to buy it.
Yeah, I caught that inconsistency in my list statement but decided to let it go...I figured most folks here would know what I meant anyway. Merely noting that TT *theoretically* now has access to the studio libraries containing both The Mouse That Roared and its sequel, two British screen comedies I've always loved for their wry, dry, impish style.

Guess it pretty much depends on the state of both masters, but boy, would I ever love to see a twin hit of 'Mouse' wit some month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks