What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/20 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
1) R. Dogs SE is next week (with all the different covers)
2) Okay on needing the original coupon/not being able to scan anyway...thems the breaks (though I doubt a Borders person would turn away the sale, actually!)
3) "3-TK" = 3 Tracks; gotcha. Thanks, Matt.
4) Let's take the Borders price thing like this: The price for Hopscotch *should* read $25.99...that's what their pricetag will say. Bring in the "20%" coupon (with the limit of 15% for DVDs on it), and your price will be the one I listed in the Roundup: $22.09 (plus tax). Now, if you wait until after Thursday and have to use the 10% coupon instead, your price will be $23.39 plus tax. Got it?
5) There may indeed be a coupon for a rebate on the JB/PF packages, but the CC circular reads that it is a "$5 Instant Discount with purchase of both titles - IN-STORE ONLY". That doesn't sound like a rebate! :)
6) Ramen Noodles are good. Spaghetti is yummi, too! :D

Rob FM

Second Unit
Real Name
R
Hi guys, thanks for all the news on good deals!
Does anyone know what the price is going to be for "LotR" @ CompUSA?
(I decided I can't wait.....I'll just give it to friend after the 4-disc set come out)
Thanks,
~Rob

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Hey guys, I'm not sure if you noticed, but MEDIA PLAY is advertising The Rock: Criterion Collection for $14.99 this week. This is almost certainly a misprice, but you can at least try to pick it up or get Best Buy to pricematch it. I was able to get BB to pricematch after a bit of haggling (considering that they price it at $34.99).

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I picked up Pulp Fiction today at a local retailer who had it out early (using BB's $15.99 price match), and according to a sticker on the set, it is indeed a $5 instant "rebate" with the purchase of both. It said details are on the Jackie Brown package, which I didn't look at ... sorry. But the $5 should be at all stores.
BTW inside there are also mail-in rebates for $2 with purchase of PF:CE and the PF soundtrack, and $5 for owners of the original PF DVD.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
4) Let's take the Borders price thing like this: The price for Hopscotch *should* read $25.99...that's what their pricetag will say. Bring in the "20%" coupon (with the limit of 15% for DVDs on it), and your price will be the one I listed in the Roundup: $22.09 (plus tax).
Got it!

Now I have to decide if $0.90 is worth a drive to the other side of town when I'll have to go to Best Buy for Pulp Fiction anyway.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Return to Neverland cinches the 10-minute-or-less drive to Borders for me, Robert. :D Hopscoth, the two Gremlins, Some Kind Of Wonderful, and Scooby-Doo Meets Batman are just icing on the cake!
That's assuming Borders actually GETS any of these, of course. :frowning:

Sarah S

Second Unit
Does anybody know what the Scooby-Doo title is about? I'm hoping it's the handful of original epsiodes where Batman & Robin co-starred.

Thanks

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
So, do I have this straight?

IF I buy Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction from Best Buy, I get $5.00 off and From Dusk Til Dawn? So, the price is cheaper than Circuit City?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dave H, I don't think you get $5 off from Best Buy, that's from Circuit City. BB is giving away a free From Dusk... with the purchase of both movies.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Great roundup, Dave! $15.99 for the Pulp Fiction set seems too good to be true! Plus I MUST have that Gremlins SE! This should be a fun Tuesday.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sarah, if you clicked on the "TVShowsOnDVD" icon in any of my signatures, you could have looked this up there. Yeah, its both of the *2* episodes where the Mystery Inc. gang helped Batman and Robin stop the Penguin and the Joker.
Dave H, according to a separate thread here on Coupons & Bargains, the coupon on Pulp Fiction and on Jackie Brown IS good at any store for the $5 discount. Matt Birchall - who seems to work for BB, IIRC - talks there like it will be a hassle to get a BB clerk to ring it properly in some cases, but its worth a shot it seems. I believe that is what I will do, in any case.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, did anybody notice The Cat's Meow in any of the ads? There weren't any Best Buy or Circuit City flyers in my paper yesterday, and BestBuy.com doesn't acknowledge the title's existence.

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
I pre-ordered Van Wilder to get the $10 digital coupon, and now Best Buy is offering Weekend at Bernies for in-store pickups. If I bought it at the store, could I return one of my copies without sacrificing my $10 digital coupon or Weekend at Bernies?

Thanks

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Rob, yes. Probably the BB.COM version is the better one to try to return.
As for Cat's Meow at BB.COM, try this (I searched for movie title on "MEOW").

Jodee

Screenwriter
I pre-ordered The Cat's Meow from Deep Discount DVD. At $17.09 shipped it was the best price around and I knew that BB or CC wouldn't have a sale price on this title since it was a smaller release.
My copy shipped last week so I am expecting it any day now. :)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
$14.99 + $15.99 + $16.99 + $15.99 + $14.99 + $15.99 + $15.99 .....
I haven't had Ramen Noodles since college.
:D
Unfortunately, my love of dvd's is superseded by my love of good food. Although, don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Ramen. I just need diversity.
It's only going to get worse as we near the 4th quarter...so many good titles...I also might need to reacquire my appreciation for ramen. So, I'll probably add green beans, mushrooms or broccolli to make it more palatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks