What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/20 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[rant]Now I know what the FBI stands for. "F***ing, Ball-busting Imbeciles"![/rant]
[c] [/c]
Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, the week of the release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website...but it COULD still be in-stores!
I only include the titles I feel like including. In fact, the titles are pretty much the ones I'm personally interested in, with few exceptions. I don't get paid for this, and I don't have time to devote to doing every DVD. I have a lovely wife and a four-year-old son I'd rather spend time with. Please don't complain. If there is a title not included in the Roundup that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone...like I do!
Note that Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

[rant]Wow! I've rarely seen this many loss-leaders all in one week![/rant]
[c]
__________TITLE___________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_CostCo_SamsClub_Borders
All About The Benjamins__$19.99__$15.99__$14.99__$_N/A___$17.98__$20.39
Gremlins - SE____________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$12.74
Gremlins 2:The New Batch_$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$12.74
Hopscotch - Criterion____$22.46__$22.99__$22.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$22.09
Iris_____________________$22.49__$19.99__$22.99__$18.99__$18.48__$22.09
Jackie Brown - CE________$22.49__$15.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$20.39
Joe Somebody_____________$19.99__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_TBA_
Magic School Bus: Creepy_$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$14.44
The Master (Jet Li)______$22.49__$19.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$22.09
NL's Van Wilder -Rated___$20.24__$15.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_TBA_
NL's Van Wilder -Unrated_$20.24__$15.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$17.48__$20.39
Nightmare Room: Camp NW__$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$12.74
Nightmare Room: Scareful_$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$12.74
P.Pan: Return to Nvrland_$22.49__$19.99__$17.99__$17.49__$18.98__$14.44
Pretty In Pink___________$18.74__$15.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$16.99
Pulp Fiction - CE________$22.49__$15.99__$16.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$20.39
Scooby-Doo Meets Batman__$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$12.74
Some Kind Of Wonderful___$18.74__$17.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$16.99
Sweetest Thing - Rated___$20.97__$15.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$_TBA_
Sweetest Thing - Unrated_$20.97__$15.99__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$20.39
We Were Soldiers_________$19.49__$14.99__$16.99__$18.99__$18.98__$16.99
Zoltan: Hound Of Dracula_$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A___$12.74
[/c]
* Yay! One of my all-time favorites, Hopscotch is out this week! And in a Criterion edition, too! AWESOME! :emoji_thumbsup:
* Borders is listed in the Roundup again, because of yet another bunch of catalog titles, in conjunction with yet another Link Removed. That one is good for 15% off all DVDs, good through Thursday Aug. 22nd...so you have 3 days to use it to get the prices I mark in my Roundup. Yes, though prices for Borders I list are shown WITH THE COUPON, so hurry! Many new titles are at their best price at Borders if you use this discount. But, if you miss that one, at least use Link Removed which is good through Saturday the 24th.
* Best Buy has many package deals this week: 1} Purchase Van Wilder (Unrated shown, but I'm sure either is okay), and get a free copy of Weekend At Bernie's (it's widescreen, in case you're wondering). 2} Purchase Jackie Brown - CE and Pulp Fiction - CE at the same time, and get a free copy of the movie-only DVD version of From Dusk Til Dawn. 3} Purchase either Braveheart, Payback, or What Women Want on the same transaction as We Were Soldiers and save $5 instantly. Hmmm, seems that Best Buy found ways to clean out their old stock. :D
* Though not in the Roundup, it is worth noting that Best Buy also has a deal on SleepAway Camp: if you buy the "Survival Kit" box set with the first 3 films, BB has an exclusive bonus disc to give you with production material from the never-finished 4th film in the series. Sounds like a neat collectable item, if you like that series of movies.
* Circuit City will take $5 off the total if you buy both Jackie Brown - CE and Pulp Fiction - CE at the same time. Guys, I've seen PF and want this new version. Should I want JB as well? Is it that good? Should I go for the package deal?
* Circuit City also has a $4 instant savings if you get Peter Pan: Return To Neverland at the same time as you buy Peter Pan - Special Edition.
* Folks who nab Van Wilder at Circuit City stores get a free "3-TK Sugar Cult CD Sampler", while supplies last. I won't claim to know what that is, or if you should be excited about it. Do tell! :)
* CompUSA screams "Don't Forget About US!", as they put forth their largest list of attention-grabbing prices yet: We Were Soldiers: $16.99, Scooby-Doo Meets Batman: $14.99, Pulp Fiction - CE: $16.99, Return to Neverland: $17.99, and Jackie Brown - CE: $17.99. Also, purchase any DVD player and get two free DVD's that are valued at $19.99 or less. Finally, if you STILL need LotR for some reason, they say they will have the "Low Price...PERIOD!". I guess they can't say what that price is; I'm guessing it breaks MAP. If someone finds out what that price actually is, please post it. It could be different market-to-market, so maybe a few posts. Thanks.
* Despite trying to hide their DVD section from me, Target seems to have a few decent deals as well: "Low Price" on We Were Soldiers, Joe Somebody, Return To Neverland. $16.99 for All About The Benjamins. $14.99 for Scooby-Doo Meets Batman. $17.99 for Van Wilder (Rated version pictured). $19.99 for The Sweetest Thing (text mentions "Restricted" rating, but Unrated version pictured). They also have a CNN disc about the Sept. 11th events, called America Remembers, for just $9.29.
* K-Mart hasn't updated their online ad copy yet, so I can't tell you what's going on with them. Sorry.
The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
• Little Vampire, The $19.98 $14.98

James D

Second Unit
David-go for the JB/PF package. JB is a fun movie, just a little bit overlong. There is a hilarious scene between Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Tucker early in the movie that is worth the price of purchase alone.:)

David Dennison

Second Unit
Thanks again for the roundup. I will be buying Pulp Fiction and Gremlins and maybe Pretty in Pink and Gremlins 2.

By the way, I would not buy both JB and PF. As much as I loved PF, I though JB was awful. That is just my $0.02.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
Dagnab it! I was gonna be good and buy nothing this week in preparation for next week, which is gonna kill my wallet. But hey, I've never seen From Dusk to Dawn and it's free with Pulp and Jackie, both of which I was gonna get sooner or later, and they're cheaper than I expected...and Weekend at Bernie's isn't great, but it's free with Van Wilder, which is about $4 less than I expected...and the 3 Sleepaway Camp discs and the bonus disc for $25...and a brand, spankin' new Best Buy opening 6 miles from my place this week.

That's about $80!!!

Dagnab it!

ps-sorry, David, haven't see JB either.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
David... definately go for the JB/PF deal. I think that JB is an excellent film! :emoji_thumbsup:
Gremlins, Gremlins 2, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown for me! (plus that free 'From Dusk Till Dawn'). Oh, and I already ordered Van Wilder off Best Buy.com for $15.99 with a $10 coupon (and it comes with ANOTHER $10 coupon). :D
Oh, me so poor :frowning:

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
David,

I also agree. Get the PF/JB combo. I'll be getting both. Now I'm trying to decide if I want the free From Dusk to Dawn deal or the $5 off deal.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Borders has a coupon in the new issue of "Entertainment Weekly" that is good for 15% OFF from August 19-29.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks everyone; that's enough feedback. Malcolm, thanks for the word about the EW coupon for Borders. Got a scan of it handy?

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to need a second mortgage after this week.

__________TITLE_________ _ BestBuy _ CrcCity
All About The Benjamins_ _ $15.99 __
Jackie Brown - CE_______ _ $15.99 __
The Master (Jet Li)_____ _ __ $16.99 __
NL's Van Wilder -Unrated _ $15.99 __
Pulp Fiction - CE_______ _ $15.99 __
We Were Soldiers________ _ $14.99 __
From Dust till Dawn------- Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Weekend at Bernies-------- Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Payback------------------- $11.99
Kiss the Girls------------ $11.99

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Dave, I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but from reading elsewhere, I thought the $5 rebate for buying both Pulp Fiction & Jackie Brown was a manufacturers coupon stuck to the cover of the Tarantino discs.
If this is so, then theoretically one should be able to get this $5 rebate at Best Buy, in addition to their "From Dusk Till Dawn" offer.
At least, I hope so! ;)

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Just two for me this week (it's the slow week this month!), but I'm with David on Hopscotch: it's the must-have DVD of the week for me. Thanks for the birthday present, Criterion!

David, I'm still confused about the prices you are listing for Borders: is $22.09 the before-coupon or after-coupon price there?

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well this is a big week for me, and it not because of Pulp Fiction and Gremlins. For I also get $165 to spend, I can get some titles I been forgoing in the past. Time for a few stops at Circuit City, Boarders, and Best Buy. ^^

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
I am buying PF becuase of JB, not the other way around, so Dave, I say go for the bundle. If you've read Ron's review of JB, he thought JB (the movie) was OK, but most of the people posted in that thread like JB more (and some a lot more) than PF. All that said, do not expect to see another PF in JB, as they are very different movies, the writing and dialog are both excellent, but JB is more of a real "traditional" movie with fantastic all around performances.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dang, now I got a dilemma. JB + PF at CC for -$5 (net -$3 from BB), or JB + PF + FDTD at BB for $3 more?

Man, life is tough, sometimes. Thanks for the hard work, David!

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
$14.99 + $15.99 + $16.99 + $15.99 + $14.99 + $15.99 + $15.99 .....

I haven't had Ramen Noodles since college.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
* Folks who nab Van Wilder at Circuit City stores get a free "3-TK Sugar Cult CD Sampler", while supplies last.
It's a CD with three songs from the band Sugarcult on it. :)
I can't wait for Tuesday. I'm picking up both Gremlins movies, Pulp Fiction, and Jackie Brown at Best Buy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks