What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/20 (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
At Cambridgeside Galleria, Cambridge MA, my cashier took the coupon (which I had peeled open but not taken off the package) from Jackie Brown, and put it in the system without a word. You had to help yourself to FDTD from the horror/scifi racks - and they had plenty of them!
Was amazed at the huge dump of Pulp Fictions in the store - I don't think I've ever seen such an aggressive promotion of a catalog title before!
What a deal.;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Just got...
Pulp Fiction $15.99
Jackie Brown $15.99
- $5.00 rebate
+ From Dusk Till Dawn (FREE!)
Gremlins $14.99
Gremlins 2 $14.99
- $3.00 off 2 titles
TOTAL: $57.50 for 5 titles! (7 discs)
:D

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I got at BB

Pulp Fiction 15.99
Jackie Brown 15.99
Dusk Of Dawn Free
5$ rebate

We where Soliders 14.99
Braveheart 19.99
another 5$ rebate

66.45 out the door total and did not have to put a fight with BB to get them all the titles at the correct prices.

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
Went to Best Buy in Minnetonka, MN and got Pulp, Jackie and Dawn for $28.xx out the door. Thanks for the deal!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Man, it's almost like Reel.com all over again!
(j/k - those who were around in the salad days knows that if paid more than $8/DVD you didn't use all the coupons/specials/promos/price matches that were available to you) :D

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Just beware that not all Best Buys are honoring the coupon-- I had to fight for it in Culver City (but got it after seeing one clerk give it to another customer).

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
At the San Francisco Best Buy (on Harrison) they couldn't have been more helpful. They had their new releases stacked on a card table (the free older DVDs were stacked there too) with a Best Buy employee stationed behind it who's sole job seemed to be to let everyone know about the free DVD offers. "Good Morning, Sir. Do you know about our DVD specials today?" :)
When I went to ring it up the cashier immediately peeled off the Jackie Brown sticker and took the additional $5.00 off the total, without being asked.
Now that's service!
-Lyle J.P.
P.S. Are manufacturer's coupons always applied after tax? Or is this a way for Best Buy to save 45 cents?

Chris Miller

Agent
Pulp + Jackie + free Dusk + $5 rebate = $28.40 total. I managed to grab the last copy of Dusk too :) Cashier gave no hassles about the free Dusk, even though he didn't seem to be aware of the offer. When I gave him the Jackie Brown coupon, he read it closely for a minute, then rang everything up no problem.
For the past 4 or 5 years, these have been my 2 most highly awaited DVDs. I already own the 2-disc Collector's Edition of Dusk, so I get to sell off my free copy for even more cash. Insanely great deal. Up next, Reservoir Dogs and True Romance :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I got the PF/JB/FDTD deal. AND the VW/WaB deal. AND, while I was there, TST-U and PiP.
I tried to get the jump on the cashier with the $5 coupon by bringing it to her attention, but she was like "yeah yeah, I've been ringing it all morning" (they were open for 1.5 hours when I got rung up). Another cashier who wasn't busy asked how she was ringing it in, since it wasn't in the system. They decided they'd both been ringing it in wrong, but did it the "same way" for me anyway. They took $5 off a random title (Pretty in Pink for me).
Also hit Borders...a NICE employee dug these outa the back for me: Gremlins 2, S-Doo meets Batman, Hopscotch (YES!!!). And I found Pan 2: RtN on the shelf. It was marked ON SALE at $16.99 (reg. 23.99), and so I realized it was inelegible for the 15% discount from the coupon (no double-discounts).
Wrong again, Dave. They gave me both discounts.
14 discs on 11 titles for $137...not too bad!! :eek:
Now I'm broke. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
anyone able to find the Criterion Hopscotch? local BB didn't have it and did a search of all BB stores in Oregon, none in stock AND none on order, so they won't be carrying it at all.:frowning:
local CC and Borders not carrying it either.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As I said, got Hopscotch at Borders.
For grins and giggles, I asked BB to look it up in their system. It was listed, but none on hand...none on order...and $0.00 price. :eek:
The guy - someone I know to be rather knowledgable and a non-Bullshitter - informed me that in his experience that means they set up the item with the intention of distributing it in store, but decided not to. He said they could "turn it back on later" if they want to.
Now, it looks like you can order it via BB.COM. OR have Borders order if for you (the way it looks now, there will be a never-ending parade of coupons, so that's okay :D ). OR order it here from DVDPlanet - a very reliable place, in my experience - for just $19.47 plus shipping. They show it is in-stock! Go for it.
I must say, I've got it on now, and it looks WONDERFUL so far!! :D

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Well I out my deal with not too much trouble from the cashier. She did not want to give the $5 off PF.
TITLE_________ _ BestBuy _ CrcCity
All About The Benjamins_ _ $15.99 __
Jackie Brown - CE_______ _ $15.99 __
NL's Van Wilder -Unrated _ $15.99 __
Pulp Fiction - CE_______ _ $10.99 __
We Were Soldiers________ _ $12.49 __
From Dust till Dawn------- Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Weekend at Bernies-------- Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Payback------------------- $9.49
Total including tax $85.80
My wife still thinks that was too much:angry: :angry:
edit to show actual paid.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
My Best Buy cashier gave the the $5.00 off. What a deal! Three movies for under $30.00.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I went looking for Hopscoth at BB today with now luck. I ended up ordering it at DDD. I just hope this release does not go into back order like Time after Time did at DDD last week. It also sucks ordering from DDD now. It takes three days before the order ships and it takes eleven days for shipping. A half of a month wait to recieve your order if you live on the West coast.

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
question is the SE of From Dusk Till Dawn bad?:) Cause CC was selling it for 15.99 and I almost picked it up. Alas no BB near me=[
I Got Pulp Fiction and We Where Soilders
Chris

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Count me in as another who got the incredible Pulp Fiction/Jackie Brown $5 off deal + a free From Dusk 'til Dawn at my local Best Buy. What a great deal, one which I would have never known about without HTF and Mr. Lambert.

Thanks much David!

Stephen Fagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen Fagan
Micheal....I think you did pay too much. "Save $5 instantly with the combinded purchase of We Were Soldiers and any of the following DVDs: Payback, Braveheart, or What Women Want (In-store only)" Payback is advertised for $11.99, buying that with We Were Soldiers should have made it $6.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks