– Minions – 2015

– Born Free – 1966

– The Crooked Way – 1949

– Jellyfish Eyes – 2013

– The Transporter Refueled – 2015

– Kings Go Forth – 1958

The Prices

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
2015 World Series Collection $49.99
Ant-Man (Walt Disney)  $19.99 $14.99 $17.99
Barnaby Jones: Complete Collection $244.44
Crooked Way, The (Kino)  $10.49
Delta Force 2 (Kino)  $11.99
Doc Martin: Series 1-6 + Movies $74.99
Doc Martin: Series 7 $26.97
Family Guy (Season 13) (Fox)  $19.99 $14.99 $16.99
Faster Horse, A $24.95
The Girl King $17.99
Hannibal (Season Three) (Lions Gate)  $16.99 $15.99
Hawaiian Rainbow / Kumu Hula: Keepers Of A Culture (MVD)  $12.69
Jellyfish Eyes (Criterion)  $13.99
Ken Burns: The Civil War $99.99
Kindergarten Teacher, The (Kino)  $19.99
Knock Knock (Lions Gate)  $12.99
Lucky (2014) (Virgil Films)  $13.99
Merv Griffin Show, The (Best of the 60's) (MPI)  $39.98
Merv Griffin Show, The (Best of the 70's) (MPI)  $39.98
Merv Griffin Show, The (Best of the 80's) (MPI)  $39.98
Minions (Universal)  $16.99 $14.99 $14.99
Moana With Sound (Kino)  $15.79
One Eyed Girl (Dark Sky)  $19.99
Partisan (Well Go USA)  $14.99
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins (Kino)  $11.99
Speedy (Criterion)  $22.99
Steak (R)evolution (Kino)  $29.95
Sun Ra: A Joyful Noise (MVD)  $12.69
Tabu (Kino)  $24.95
Thundercrack! (Synapse)  $29.95
Transporter Refueled (Fox)  $16.99 $14.99
Unauthorized Full House Story, The (Lions Gate)  $14.98
Under the Dome (The 3rd Season) (Paramount)  $37.99
Walt Before Mickey $13.99
Xenia $27.99

Posted Image
Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays (Date) Amazon BestBuy Target
2015 World Series (Collector's Edition) (Blu-ray) (Lions Gate)  $69.99
Ant-Man (Blu-ray) (Walt Disney)  $22.98 $17.99 $19.99
Ant-Man (Blu-ray 3-D) (Walt Disney)  $29.99 $27.99 $24.99
Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $19.99
Born Free (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Captain Harlock Space Pirate (Blu-ray 3-D) (Twilight Time) 
Crooked Way, The (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $15.49
Dead Retribution (Blu-ray) (Greenway Entertainment)  $29.99
Delta Force 2 (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $15.99
Detective, The (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Doc Martin (Series 7) (Blu-ray) (Acorn Media)  $26.97
F/X 2 (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $15.99
Faster Horse, A (Blu-ray) (Filmrise)  $17.99
Fourth War, The (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $15.99
Garbage Pail Kids Movie, The (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $21.99
Hannibal (Season Three) (Blu-ray) (Lions Gate)  $16.99 $15.99
Jellyfish Eyes (Blu-ray) (Criterion)  $22.99
Ken Burns: The Civil War $129.99
Kindergarten Teacher, The (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $22.99
King's Go Forth (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Knock Knock (Blu-ray) (Lions Gate)  $16.99
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Phase Two Collection) (Blu-ray 3-D) (Amazon Excl.)  $184.99
Minions (Blu-ray) (Universal)  $18.99 $17.99 $18.99
Minions (Blu-ray 3-D) (Universal)  $29.99 $27.99
Mysterious Island (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
Nineteen Eighty-Four (Blu-ray) (Twilight Time) 
One & Two (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $22.99
One Eyed Girl (Blu-ray) (Dark Sky)  $9.99
Partisan (Blu-ray) (Well Go USA)  $14.99
Salaam Bombay (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $16.49
Siege of Firebase Gloria, The (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $15.99
Speedy (Blu-ray) (Criterion)  $27.99
Sun Ra: A Joyful Noise (Blu-ray) (MVD)  $14.99
Tabu (Blu-ray) (Kino)  $19.99
Thundercrack! (Blu-ray) (Synapse)  $24.99
Transporter Refueled (Blu-ray) (Fox)  $24.99 $19.99
Under the Dome (The 3rd Season) (Blu-ray) (Paramount)  $52.99
Women's Prison Massacre (Blu-ray) (Shout! Factory)  $18.99
X-Files, The (Collector's Set Blu-ray) (Fox)  $269.99
You Can't Take It With You (Blu-ray) (Sony)  $14.99

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still out of business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their prices anyway).

The Specials

--Some new Twilight Time releases this week.  Find 'em HERE and HERE for pre-order.

--Best Buy, this week, has EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOK PACKAGING with their 3-D Blu copies of Ant-Man ($27.99).   

--Best Buy also has an EXCLUSIVE LUNCHBAG with its Blu and 3-D Blu copies of Minions.  BB also has Despicable Me & Despicable Me 2 on sale for $11.99 DVD/$14.99 Blu (apiece).

--The following  releases are on sale this week at Best Buy (all Blu-ray unless otherwise noted):

$22.99:  The Shield: Complete Series (DVD).

$34.99:  Indiana Jones Collection, Monty Python & Holy Grail LE Gift Set (40th Anniversary).  [The Monty Python release is just $24.99 on Amazon thru late Saturday night, December 5th.]

$99.99:  The Sopranos: Complete Collection

--Best Buy is advertising a series of Blu-ray TV seasons "STARTING at $14.99."  Titles shown are Falling Skies, Supernatural, Big Bang Theiry, The Arrow and The Last Ship.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:  BB has 3/$10 DVDs.  Titles shown include Shawshank Redemption, Grease, Space Jam  Up to 32 titles from which to choose..

--Target this week has THREE EXCLUSIVE COVERS (featuring Kevin, Bob & Stuart) with this week's release of Minions at regular price ($18.99).  Target ALSO has an EXCLUSIVE METAL CASE version of the Miinions release (which also includes 40+ minutes of bonus content for $22.99.  If you buy the MetalCase version of Minions @ Target, you will get a FREE $5 Minions Target GiftCard.  And Target also has Blu-ray releases of Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 for $10 apiece.  .

--Target is also advertising EXCLUSIVE BONUS CONTENT with it's Blu-ray release this week of Ant-Man.  Target also has an EXCLUSIVE COLLECTOR'S BOOK with its copies of Hannibal: Season 3. 

--Up to 20% off select Blu-ray Pixar movies at Target this week.  Titles shown and select others.  Prices shown reflect savings.  Titles shown include:  Wall-E ($14.99), Brave ($18.99), and Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, Up ($19.99 apiece).  .

--Target has the following TV on DVD titles on sale this week (all DVD unless othewise noted):  $22.99 True Detective: Season 1; $34.99 Game of Thrones: Season 4; $37.99 Walking Dead: Season 5; $42.99 Walking Dead: Season 5 (Blu).  Plus, get a FREE Walking Dead POP figure ($8.99 value) when you buy Walking Dead: Season 5.  Free off quantities limited, no rainchecks.  

--Target has an EXCLUSIVE combo package featuring Home Alone and Home Alone 2 on Blu-ray (25th Anniversary Edition).  The package also includes a collectible knit winter hat.

--Target Odds and Ends: Various holiday movies on DVD ranging from $8, $9 to $15.99.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks Mike. If I get anything among new releases this week, it would be Ant-Man, but I'm not sure if I'll do that now or later.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the early RoundUp, Mike!

I'll be reviewing four of this month's Twilight Time releases whenever they find their way to my door. Ron's already done Ant-Man so I don't know that I'll get it to review, too. But I'll certainly have it for my collection at some point.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks, Mike! I'll be picking up Speedy at the next B&N sale and the delightful Capra "You Can't Take it With You" is coming via Santa.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve...O said:
Thanks, Mike! I'll be picking up Speedy at the next B&N sale and the delightful Capra "You Can't Take it With You" is coming via Santa.

Same for me, Steve! I can wait on Speedy until the next Criterion sale. (Or doesn't B&N do a 40% Blu sale just before Christmas?!? :biggrin: ) Maybe I'll pull the trigger then!

I'm not a big fan of the Despicable Me films. But I always figured a film featuring the minions must be pretty funny. What do you guys think? I'll probably wait until I find it supremely cheap (like you can find the Despicable Me movies nowadays) or wait until I see it USED somewhere.

===============

Thanks to everyone for the "likes" of the OP. And thanks for reading the RoundUps each week!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
Same for me, Steve! I can wait on Speedy until the next Criterion sale. (Or doesn't B&N do a 40% Blu sale just before Christmas?!? :biggrin: ) Maybe I'll pull the trigger then!

I'm not a big fan of the Despicable Me films. But I always figured a film featuring the minions must be pretty funny. What do you guys think? I'll probably wait until I find it supremely cheap (like you can find the Despicable Me movies nowadays) or wait until I see it USED somewhere.

===============

Thanks to everyone for the "likes" of the OP. And thanks for reading the RoundUps each week!

40% sale 12/15 - 12-24. If you have a store there should be some 25 or 30% coupons available so $16-18 is pretty typical.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've still got a 20% coupon (mailed to me) burning a hole in my pocket, too. Guess I'm all set.

I KNEW you'd show up with those specifics, David. As always, thank you.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
3D Ant-man non steelbook at BB is $20 and if you preorder you get $5 worth of BB points added to your account after it ships.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It appears that You Can't Take it With You will be under a lot of Christmas trees this year, mine included.

Holding off for the next Criterion sale for Speedy so the only other film this week is The Crooked Way.

Thanks again, Mike, for the Weekly RoundUp, this week and every week! We appreciate it.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I loved the minion parts of the Despicable Me movies. Making it a full length movie just didn't have the same hilarity.

I'm not a big fan of the Despicable Me films. But I always figured a film featuring the minions must be pretty funny. What do you guys think?

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Whoops. Messed up the Mike Quote part of my above post, and I don't see an "edit" option.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ant Man is coming, but that's going to be it. Still working on Christmas and then we're going away for a week.

I may look at the Criterion sale (got an e-mail over the weekend) and see if I can justify anything... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks