What's new

Weekly Roundup 3/4 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Question, in light of the Labyrinth Superbit, what is the transfer quality like of the version already out, (that one is on my list of eventually to buy, so I'd like to know if I need to Superbit it instead).
DVDFile.com has reviews/comparisons of both "Labyrinth" and "Dark Crystal" SuperBits.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I pre-ordered the Colors trilogy a few days ago. I'll skip The Ring and Star Trek IV for now.

Shane Dodson

Stunt Coordinator
Any particular reason why JONAH: A VEGGIETALES MOVIE was ommitted from this week's list of DVD new releases?

- S.D.

Michael Hall

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd let those of you looking for "Ringu" know that, the other day, I checked Wal*Mart.com to see if they would be carrying it, and it is indeed listed for $19.96, which is the lowest price I've seen for it anywhere. Whether or not the retail stores will honor the price of the website, I have no idea, but I just thought I'd point it out nonetheless. :)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
A fellow Oklahoma Citian wrote:

Any particular reason why JONAH: A VEGGIETALES MOVIE was ommitted from this week's list of DVD new releases?
'Cause Dave only lists the titles that he's interested in, and he just puts this list up here as a service to all of us.

You can always look the title up yourself and then post it here if you want.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
Spongebob & Day the Earth Stood Still for me this week. I'll hope for finding Ringu used eventually. Spongebob will be put aside for my son's Easter basket. I've got two $5 off coupons for Suncoast, so assuming I get there early Tuesday, I should be able to get DTESS for about $5! (The local Suncoasts have had very limited amounts of all the other Fox Classics--they each got in a total of 1 copy of An Affair to Remember)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps Ringu is Japanese for "Bend fans of foreign cinema over the table"?

Count me in for Ring, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and The Ref. And an outstanding release of the Weekly Roundup, especially in terms of density! Much appreciated.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What Matt said.

Read the disclaimers. Or any of the past three weeks of Weekly Round-Ups when the exact same question (for different titles) was answered.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for another great roundup! I am very happy, as I will FINALLY get to purchase THE RING and RINGU, both of which I've been waiting to get for oh so long! Can't wait till Tuesday!

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Dave-

Helluva job on a helluva list. Thanks! I think I'm going for ST IV & TheOsbornes Uncensored ($15 is hard to resist) nad that's it for me!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Matt-Sorry to cast aspersions on you! You're the best. :)
Jason, thanks for finding that link for me. I must be lame to not think of THAT "title"! ;)
George: Born Yesterday is widescreen, per the back of the box posted at DVDEmpire. And the "Connecticut Yankee" release I saw is some cartoon from Delta Entertainment. :p) The Bing Crosby flick ships on May 6th as a double-feature disc with The Emperor Waltz.
Glenn: I'd be shocked if Best Buy honored any form of that Miller/Goodman double-feature, but you can try! :D
Michael: I bet my venetian blinds that the typical Wal-Mart doesn't carry Ringu in-stock. However, you can probably go to any Circuit City, go to their broadband demo unit and pull up the web price on their screen, and get an employee to pricematch that. It would work at my local location. And it doesn't hurt to ask, I'm sure.

[/rant]

But, as Patrick's post points out, BB and CC have it for $17.99 each, but Target has it for $16.99. K-Mart for $19.95 with a free poster. But getting it at BB gets you a free CD-ROM filled with 5 game demos and "cool movie wallpaper". Okay?

MikeM

Screenwriter
Excellent Roundup, David! :emoji_thumbsup:

Too bad that The Ref is not enhanced for widescreen TVs, but at $9, I'll be buying it anyway.

Thanks again for your work compiling this awesome list!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Well, crap. I was hoping to play with Das Boot and Ringu on Tuesday but it looks like I'll order on Amazon with free shipping to save a few bucks. I will be picking up Ring on Tuesday tho.

BTW - It looks like both Ring and Battle Royale will be released in book form in the next month or three. Cool.

-paul

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As far as Connecticut Yankee I realize there's something from Delta coming out, but DVD Planet also has the double feature of the movie listed as 3/4, although it's certainly possible it's been delayed.
Hmmm, I bet that DVDPlanet accidentally put the date of the Delta item on the Bing film. I'm a decent fan of the Bing film and, while I can't claim I've kept an eye on it every step of the way, I am reasonably sure it never had any other release date besides the May one. In any case, the May 6th date is the current date shown in Universal's press materials database, as of the minute I'm posting this..

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Well, I'm picking up 2 this week - The Day the Earth Stood Still and Jonah. I already ordered TDtESS through deepdiscountdvd.com and I was holding out to see the roundup for Jonah. I found out I can do better with e-tailer deepdiscountdvd.com who has Jonah for $14.99 with free shipping. Thanks once again Dave. :emoji_thumbsup:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Star Trek IV is just $14.99 at BJ's warehouse club stores.
Well Neil, whew. With tax a purchase of this from BJ's is the same price, $15.89 as my DDD. The upside I don't have to go shop (and actually I'm not a BJ's member but am a Sam's member, maybe they had the same price). Downside, I may have to wait a few extra days, but no biggie to me.

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
Too bad that The Ref is not enhanced for widescreen TVs, but at $9, I'll be buying it anyway.
Hmmm...DVDProfiler's database lists it as "16x9 Enhanced for Widescreen." Let's keep our fingers crossed. This has been on my wishlist way too long to pass it up.

I've got 9 DVD's to pick up this Tuesday. Ka-CHING!!

Jodee

Screenwriter
Media Play also has the Osbournes for $14.99, along with a free Osbournes "dog dish" with purchase.

I'm tempted to buy it there, since it's a cute item. I'd rather have that than a mousepad or Ozzy/Kelly CD.

I pre-ordered a boatload of catalog titles from DVD Empire. They had the low prices, free shipping, and a $10 coupon.

1984: Price: $12.99
Day The Earth Stood Still, The: Price: $12.99
Europa Europa: Price: $12.99
Of Mice And Men: Special Edition: Price: $12.99
Pauline At The Beach: Price: $12.99
Smoke: Price: $13.99
Women In Love: Price: $12.99

Expensive week, with so many catalog titles I wanted!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks