What's new

Weekly RoundUp 1-22-2013 (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Finally bought a couple of the IMAX 3D features. I'd never pay list price ($40), but they're on sale for $20 at BB and I got them to $15 with DVD trade-ins.
Also brought home Dick Tracy for $15 -- four bucks lower than Amazon.
Need to put another DVD in the car and go back for Criterion's The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934). For some reason, the store has that one priced at $27, so $22 with trade-in is good enough to avoid a six-month wait for the next B&N sale...which is going to be bad enough with all the great stuff being released between now and then.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Chas in CT said:
Need to put another DVD in the car and go back for Criterion's The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934).  For some reason, the store has that one priced at $27, so $22 with trade-in is good enough to avoid a six-month wait for the next B&N sale...which is going to be bad enough with all the great stuff being released between now and then.
It rings up for $24.99 & $19.99 after trade in.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Originally Posted by ScottJH
Originally Posted by Chas in CT
Need to put another DVD in the car and go back for Criterion's The Man Who Knew Too Much (1934). For some reason, the store has that one priced at $27, so $22 with trade-in is good enough to avoid a six-month wait for the next B&N sale...which is going to be bad enough with all the great stuff being released between now and then.
It rings up for $24.99 & $19.99 after trade in.

All the better!

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I really want to support Criterion doing more 3D so i think im going to bite it this week at best buy for $40 with the coupon. It helps being able to get the paperboy for only $10 after U&S.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Good point, but I don't think my store has Pina. Have to look around. Of course, I didn't think they had MWKTM either, till I said to myself, what the hell, check in Action/Sci-Fi. And there it was.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Have to wait to tuesday to see if BB will have it in store. The website will have a link to check store availability if its not web only. Otherwise family video has it for $35

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
For $400 they should CGI Winona Ryder into Sofia Coppola's Godfather III scenes!
ouch! :laugh: But at least she now knows her strength is behind the lens and not in front of it. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't know about anyone else here...but I pre-ordered The Quiet Man from Classic Flix as soon as it was announced. They had a special price of $17.98 for the first few days of pre-order. But I haven't seen anything yet about the item shipping. I'm sure it will get here in due time...but this just emphasizes for me why Amazon is the juggernaut it has become. My order is still sitting at Classic Flix as "pending."

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Even so, Amazon estimates Prime delivery of The Quiet Man as Thursday. And I preordered last month.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
So Best Buy is not carrying Pina in store it looks like, so no U&S. The best online price is $34 from Family Video, however with the tax we have to pay in CA and the shipping it's close to $39, and the cheap shipping really does take closer to the 10 days. I thought what the hell and checked Barnes and Noble. They have it for $45 in store ($43.50 online). If you're a member though, in store you get the extra 10% off, taking it to $40.50 and the $8 off $40 coupon is still active, which brings it down to $32.50 plus tax for the best deal around, if you're a BN member. I just have to drive about 13 miles to get it since the closer store didn't get it aparrently, but better than paying $7 more and waiting 10 days!

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I think B&N may also still be doing a "buy any three CD's/DVD's/Blu's", and one of the three is free. They were still doing this last Saturday (the 19th); my "freebie" was the Blu (of) "How Green Was My Valley" (after paying for "Perry Mason", S8V2 and "The Man Who Knew Too Much").

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Classic Flix has sent me an e-mail that my order of The Quiet Man has shipped. I haven't had time yet to see what the ETA is.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
My copy of The Quiet Man has shipped from Amazon, too. It will be here Thursday, in time for a Friday night movie party.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
A caveat about the B&N promo (buy 2 get 1 free): The deal only works on the full retail prices, and no other deals. So if you have a coupon, that item isn't elligible for both offers, and any sale or discounted items go back to their regular price if you use the deal. Which is why I didn't get 9 blu rays today at Barnes and Noble lol.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
Classic Flix has sent me an e-mail that my order of The Quiet Man has shipped.
I haven't had time yet to see what the ETA is.
It was sent first class USPS from Sacramento, CA. It should just take 2 or 3 days, I would figure, for it to get to NY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks