What's new

your Twilight Time / Columbia wishlist? (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Sony should've released this along with the first film, which is what they did with the DVDs nearly 15(!) years ago...

ghostbusters_ii_ver3.jpg

Also:

real_genius.jpg

krull_ver2.jpg

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Paul Wendkos' THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BELL (Columbia / CBS, 1970).

A brilliant thriller, acutely paranoid, and the finest movie ever made for television.

Wish I had a still or a poster or the admat from TV Guide.

Glenn Ford and Paul Wendkos considered it the finest work they'd done.

It is admired by everyone who saw it and it stuns everyone who sees it.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Richard--W said:
Paul Wendkos' THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE BELL (Columbia / CBS, 1970).

A brilliant thriller, acutely paranoid, and the finest movie ever made for television.

Wish I had a still or a poster or the admat from TV Guide.

Glenn Ford and Paul Wendkos considered it the finest work they'd done.

It is admired by everyone who saw it and it stuns everyone who sees it.
I'm interested.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
If you liked Frankenheimer's Seconds, you'll like The Brotherhood of the Bell, Jon. The two films have a lot in common. It's shot on 35mm film like a feature film and in color. It's literately written by novelist David Karp, artfully photographed in deep focus and wide angle, and directed by Paul Wendkos in set-ups and moves that are very contemporary. Wendkos was way ahead of his time in directing for television and this was his career peak. The film is adult and makes no concessions to either TV censors or the presumed public taste. The character of Prof. Patterson digs into emotions that Glenn Ford had never been called upon to deliver before, and he knocks it out of the park.

Anyone here remember The Brotherhood of the Bell?

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Absolutely - but I take exception to Richard's constant peddling of obscure B-Westerns as something the entire world is clamoring for.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
housekeeping-movie-poster-1987-1020248291.jpg

The reason I bought aLaserdisc player. To soon find no disc existed!
MOD is not good enough. I want HD with an isolated score from Michael Gibbs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Moe Dickstein said:
Absolutely - but I take exception to Richard's constant peddling of obscure B-Westerns as something the entire world is clamoring for.
Let me intercede here as things have just reached the boiling point as I deleted one post that crossed the line of our posting guidelines.

You might not like what Richard is posting, but he has the right to do so as long as it remains within bounds of our posting guidelines. You don't like what his posts then place him on "Ignore".

Any further personal comments or attacks will be deleted along with further disciplinary action. Let's behave as adults please and this warning is to all members here.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe I should start pumping movies I want on BD...

I'll start with...

Diary of a Shinjuku Thief
The Wayward Cloud
Hour of the Wolf
The 3 Penny Opera

Now we can get back to the regularly scheduled harp on "B-Westerns missing in Blu"...

MichaelEl

Stunt Coordinator
My TT Columbia wishlist is.....

That's right. My wishlist is empty.

This is because I want to update most of my DVD collection to Blu-Ray. and TT 's pricing and limited runs are making that difficult or impossible.

Let's face it, most DVDs look like garbage upconverted on a large HDTV. While this is often due to the age of the transfer, many older films don't have good surviving elements and a DVD of these films will look bad even when upconverted with the best player and displayed on a small 32" or 40" screen. Anyone who's spent the better part of the last two decades collecting DVDs - as I have - is naturally going to want to update some part of their collection to Blu-Ray. TT is unfortunately starting to put out so many titles I want to update that I've lost the ability to keep up. This is no doubt true for a lot of collectors, considering that TT is charging around $38 total for a single Blu-Ray. Given the money I've spent supporting the home video units of the major studios, the dumping of titles to TT seems like a cruel joke to me. It seems especially cruel, given that reasonably good quality Blu-Rays of some titles are readily available from other licensees - cough.....Mill Creek...cough - for as little as $8 a disc. My hope then is that the studios will begin selling licenses to other companies and the output from TT will dwindle. My only option for some titles as of now is probably a region B release, but my experience is that Region B Blu-Rays often have shoddy picture and/or audio quality in comparison to a Region A version.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I find there are so few others titles I want these days that I put that excess money saved into the TT and Criterion titles I want. I'd rather pay a bit more and get quality over quantity. Or I save up first. Or I put them on my birthday or Christmas wish lists. There are lots of options short of going without.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
MichaelEl said:
My TT Columbia wishlist is.....

That's right. My wishlist is empty.

This is because I want to update most of my DVD collection to Blu-Ray. and TT 's pricing and limited runs are making that difficult or impossible.

Let's face it, most DVDs look like garbage upconverted on a large HDTV. While this is often due to the age of the transfer, many older films don't have good surviving elements and a DVD of these films will look bad even when upconverted with the best player and displayed on a small 32" or 40" screen. Anyone who's spent the better part of the last two decades collecting DVDs - as I have - is naturally going to want to update some part of their collection to Blu-Ray. TT is unfortunately starting to put out so many titles I want to update that I've lost the ability to keep up. This is no doubt true for a lot of collectors, considering that TT is charging around $38 total for a single Blu-Ray. Given the money I've spent supporting the home video units of the major studios, the dumping of titles to TT seems like a cruel joke to me. It seems especially cruel, given that reasonably good quality Blu-Rays of some titles are readily available from other licensees - cough.....Mill Creek...cough - for as little as $8 a disc. My hope then is that the studios will begin selling licenses to other companies and the output from TT will dwindle. My only option for some titles as of now is probably a region B release, but my experience is that Region B Blu-Rays often have shoddy picture and/or audio quality in comparison to a Region A version.
If you want the studio to make a good transfer, then you gonna have to pay for it. Whether it's Twilight, Olive or Kino. And I have never paid $38 for a Twilight title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks