What's new

your Twilight Time / Columbia wishlist? (1 Viewer)

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I'll put in another vote for Pepe. It's a giant mess of a film that meanders like a lost child, but it has lots of great cameos by mid-century talents in their prime and is lots of fun if you're in the proper frame of mind. It has some rare stuff like Maurice Chevalier doing his nightclub act, and Jack Lemmon in full color as "Some Like it Hot"'s Daphne. It wants to be another "Around the World in 80 Days" but doesn't quite make it. Still, it's not the BOMB that Leonard Maltin says it is.

Just to have an isolated score would make me happy!

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
Pepe would be a great release. I really enjoyed seeing the footage of the exterior of Columbia Studios as it might have looked in the late 1950s. It is also one of the handful of films that Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh filmed together.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Timothy E said:
Pepe would be a great release. I really enjoyed seeing the footage of the exterior of Columbia Studios as it might have looked in the late 1950s. It is also one of the handful of films that Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh filmed together.
Yes, and unlike "Around the World in Eighty Days", most of the people doing cameos actually have a chance to *do* something. Bobby Darin, Judy Garland, Chevalier and others get to sing, the various actors that pop up stick around for a moment, so that you don't miss them if you blink, as you do in much of "Around the World" which admittedly is a far better film.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
PEPE was Billie Burke and Charles Coburn's last film appearance. I saw the roadshow version as a child in Theatres. But have only seen the shorter General Release version since. Even DVDr a supposed long version off TCM but it wasn't. (Sigh)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
"If I want to punish my kids, I make them watch THE LONG SHIPS"--Richard Widmark, star of THE LONG SHIPS.

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
Oliver! ? I thought this was meant to be available from Twilight in early November?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
CULTMAN1 said:
Oliver! ? I thought this was meant to be available from Twilight in early November?
TT titles are usually available for preorder 25 days prior to release date. Oliver is scheduled for a November 12th release so Oliver should be available for preorder today or sometime next week at the latest.

Edit: Looks like next week as far as preorder.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Robin And Marian is probably possible - seems to me like almost anything from the old PSE Laserdisc catalog has a good chance to be TT.

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
I know I'm going to get flack for this but I really want them to release Sidekicks on Blu or dvd. This is the only Chuck Norris movie I don't own and I loved it as a kid. I always watched it on tv with my dad. It is one that was never released OAR on home video and never out on dvd here in the USA.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Pepe is a big old mess of a movie, way too long and with lots of dull patches, but it certainly has some striking sequences. Both Garland's and Darin's songs frame extraordinary moments. And if Grover Crisp can get his hands on it, I'll bet it could look extraordinary.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Gunman's Walk has never had so much as a DVD release. A much-admired, hardboiled western about family conflict with a first-rate Van Heflin performance and direction by Phil Karlson (Walking Tall). Western buffs have been clamoring for this one.

GunmansWalk-1958-Columbia-insert.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Robert Crawford said:
TT titles are usually available for preorder 25 days prior to release date. Oliver is scheduled for a November 12th release so Oliver should be available for preorder today or sometime next week at the latest.Edit: Looks like next week as far as preorder.
. Preorder is on Oct 23rd at 4pm eastern.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
The Bill Holden starrer, The Seventh Dawn, Asian adventure with Capuchine and Susanah York, a great under-appreciated film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks