What's new

Well Its here! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
I got my SVS 20-39PC+ today. Im very happy. I havnt got to tune it yet. Im gonna set my morning aside for that tommorrow.

First off Im not too impressed with the shipping. It was packaged very well and nothing was broken... but some of the carpet sock got messed up. That really changed my whole idea and excitment of this. I just feel weird... like I should be alot happier to have it... and Im not. Maybe once I set it up tommorrow and sit down and listen to some music and watch a movie that may change. But right now I just feel weird. But we will see. I guess I may just be stressed. :D

But I am excited to have ron help me tune it tommorrow.

Well heres some pics of it.

BTW This is my new VR-920 Center channel. I love it. It sounded a little thin at first but after I set it up a bit it sounds alot better.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Jesse, the carpet sock is very flexible and is supposed to move. Just slide it back straight and be on your way.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I think I'm more impressed with the hampster(?) cage thingy behind the center channel.
Or is that some kind of elaborate porting system for that new center channel?

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Jesse,

Kinda makes your Bostons look small doesn't it? Oh no, now they probably feel inferior, "Note to self, must find bigger towers!":D

Glad to see you got the SVS! Get yourself to the rental store to get all those bass track DVDs that test the ability of the sub.

Dennis

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Ok I lied! I love this thing! I just didnt get to play with it much. I am watching spongebob square pants right now. I LOVE IT!!!! It brings a whole new dimension to spongebob!

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Mmmm spongebob. Ok fine. I need to pick that up I guess and add it to my collection.

Don't feel bad about your sock. It gets a little compressed at the touch points in shipping. In time those spots will Dee-compress. If it needs to be straitened that is a easy task also.

Good pics and congratulations.

terence

Supporting Actor

Wait till you get in dial in, then you will really hear the difference. Congrats!:emoji_thumbsup:

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Jesse,

I'm glad to here your sub finally made it. I'm sure it will bring you much joy. :)

Sponge Bob through the SVS? Actually, we just rented one of the Sponge Bob DVDs a few days back for my daughter. I realized that the S.B. series has very weak low frequency output - which, in my opinion, can be a weak choice for testing out a new sub. ;) Put some music or DVDs in your system with some real brawl to make that sub come alive. :D :D

Bernie_A

Stunt Coordinator
It sounds like you have the makings for a really nice system and I am sure you will love the new "TUBE". But, Dude....really.....you need a bigger TV! No offense but you have to admit....it looks rather......ummm......small compaired to the sub. You know you have a base fetish when your sub is bigger than your TV.

Wish I had that sub!

Cheers!

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Jesse,
Enjoy your sub. Now all you need to do is calibrate it and move your mains out from where they are now(which will improve their imaging). Proper speaker placement is a big key.

Nathan Stohler

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan Stohler
Congratulations, Jesse...

Man, that VR-920 is a beast! I still wish I had one instead of my VR-910 :)

Also, it looks like you've got the same jumper my daughter uses.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Lol nathan. Well we set it up a bit today. It sounds great. I am really happy. Havnt heard much with alot of bass, I couldnt crank it.. my 2 month old was home. But I will get to really play with it on monday or wednesday. Well back to watching minority report.

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
Now, everyone who berated Jesse for his questions and accused him of being one who would never actually buy a Sub owes him an appology.....you know who you are.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Personally I think forum goers became frustrated that Jesse had an oportunity to demo SvS by the owner then only to come back here so wishy washy.

When we learned more about Jesse many of us including myself then could relate to his circumstances. I believe I used the analogy that at Jesse's age I had trouble deciding whether or not to get a medium or large fry at McDonalds.

I do sincerely apologize to Jesse for any comments made or any assaults on his character. For after learning about Jesse he seems like a stand up kind of guy with strong morals and a strong focus on balancing what is right for his family vs his toys.

Congrats Jesse, your unselflessness is commendable as is ensuring your family's well being was not to be impacted by the purchase.

Scott

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
LOL. Well thank you guys. That means alot. But I am very very very very very very happy with my purchase. I love this thing.
I just listened to a few peices of music. Amazing. My friend at work let me borrow some jazz with really powerful upright bass in it. Absolutly accurate. Amazing. I just listened to some more techno, tool, classical, luis amrstrong, and metallica.

Awsome... absolutley awsome. Alot more accurate than the crap we carry at work! Shhhhhh... dont tell anyone.

Man you should have seen my smile. I think part of the reason I loved it sooo much is just before I left work tonight I heard that same peice of jazz on a $2000 KEF sub...... BAH HA HA HA HA! I told him to shut it off... I couldnt listen to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks