What's new

A few words about...™ - LOKI - The First Complete Season -- in 4k UHD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Marvel / Disney + series Loki needs to be highlighted here, not because it's yet another extension / prequel / sequel to the continuingly growing Marvel Universe, but because it's a reference 4k presentation from Disney.

I had to be reminded, as I find the Universe occasionally confusing, that Loki occurs After Avengers: Endgame, although I thought that Tom Hiddleston's character died in that film.

I know.

One can never be certain about these things.

We learned our lesson aeons ago, after we thought that Mr. Clive's creation perished in the windmill fire, our to discover that he's somehow fallen into some sort of sub-basement.

Only point being made here, is that if you have a large panel 4k, or projection, as well as Dolby Atmos, this set is of superb visual and aural quality.

And it comes in a "collectible," and beautifully designed Steelbook, with a "1" on the spine, which leads me to believe that Season 2 will be sitting beside it in short order.

Image – 5 (HDR)

Audio – 5 (Dolby Atmos)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Makes use of and works well in 4k - 10

Worth your attention - Yes

Slipcover rating - Steelbook - 8

Highly Recommended

RAH

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I believe that a past version of Loki escaped to some sort of portal during a time travel sequence in Endgame.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yes, the Loki in the series is a variant created by the Avengers screwing around with time travel in Endgame.

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I believe that a past version of Loki escaped to some sort of portal during a time travel sequence in Endgame.
That's repeated right in the prologue to the first episode of Loki, so there's not much room for confusion there.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Technically, the Loki we followed from Thor through the rest of the movies died in the opening moments of Avengers: Infinity War, which takes place before Endgame.

In any case, I have nothing but praise for this set. Disney may have kept us waiting for these discs, but the first one they’ve released is top notch.

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Technically, the Loki we followed from Thor through the rest of the movies died in the opening moments of Avengers: Infinity War, which takes place before Endgame.

In any case, I have nothing but praise for this set. Disney may have kept us waiting for these discs, but the first one they’ve released is top notch.
Loki was killed in the prologue of Infinity War, but the Avengers went back in time to steal the Infinity Stones in Endgame, and that's what would have created a new multiverse with a variant version of the character, but the beginning of Loki shows that the Time Variance Authority snatched him up to prevent that from happening. So he's technically a variant, but otherwise the same Loki from Thor and everything that happened prior to the ending of the first Avengers film. He's not a variant from a completely different multiverse like Sylvie, "Classic" Loki, Kid Loki, Boastful Loki, Alligator Loki, or any of the rest. So the series kind of gets to have its cake and eat it too by having featuring a different lead Loki that's still the same as the one that fans know and love. Viva la the paradoxes of time travel.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Loki was killed in the prologue of Infinity War, but the Avengers went back in time to steal the Infinity Stones in Endgame, and that's what would have created a new multiverse with a variant version of the character, but the beginning of Loki shows that the Time Variance Authority snatched him up to prevent that from happening. So he's technically a variant, but otherwise the same Loki from Thor and everything that happened prior to the ending of the first Avengers film. He's not a variant from a completely different multiverse like Sylvie, "Classic" Loki, Kid Loki, Boastful Loki, Alligator Loki, or any of the rest. So the series kind of gets to have its cake and eat it too by having featuring a different lead Loki that's still the same as the one that fans know and love. Viva la the paradoxes of time travel.
I believe the Infinity Stones may be linked in sone way to the key that King Kong Transformer discusses in the opening of the latest Transformer film. They’re somehow inter-connected.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks