What's new

Warner Musical Collection (Calamity Jane, The Band Wagon, Kiss Me Kate 3D) - 3/3/15! (2 Viewers)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
What is the box set called? (They are 3 immensely popular titles but they seem to be random selections from 2 different studios)

Will they be on Warner Archives?
Are there any details available at this time?
Sorry for the questions, but I'm still in a state of shock (bliss) and need to be reassured.

Hopefully "Annie Get Your Gun" will eventually find it's way to Blu-ray at some later stage.

Doug.

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
Doug Bull said:
What is the box set called? (They are 3 immensely popular titles but they seem to be random selections from 2 different studios)

Will they be on Warner Archives?
Are there any details available at this time?
Sorry for the questions, but I'm still in a state of shock (bliss) and need to be reassured.

Hopefully "Annie Get Your Gun" will eventually find it's way to Blu-ray at some later stage.

Doug.
Impeccable timing, Doug :) Btw, they are all Warner's titles ;)

Ijk9Rgf.png

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Thanks John for the quick, positive and delightfully informative reply.

Now I'm over the moon and incredibly happy. :)

Fantastic price as well. ( Hey! how did "Singin' in the Rain" sneak in there?)
Oh well, looks as if a lot of us will have a spare copy on hand.

Doug.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
I'm going for the singles just so I don't have to go through the trouble of unloading my current Singin in the Rain blu-ray. That is unless the singles don't drop below $15.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming the "extras" on the current DVDs of The Band Wagon and Kiss Me Kate will be ported over to the blu discs.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I only want two of the titles - The Band Wagon and Kiss Me Kate.Buying the singles would be an MSRP of $39.98. Even at Amazon's normal 30% initial pre-order, that still comes to 27.97.The box set, containing one duplicate, and one on-the-fence title is $5 less MSRP, and would be $24.49 - plus I probably could sell off (or give away) the other two titles)

As for cases, I've printed up many an individual case before, so no worries.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Stephen_J_H said:
At that MSRP, there's really no excuse for high prices on 3D BD.
Absolutely. "House of Wax" and "Dial M For Murder" should be getting price-drops if Warners is charging just $20 for "Kiss Me Kate" in 3D.

Edward Weinman

Stunt Coordinator
...I have images in my mide of "The Band Wagon" as I saw it with my father at the Radio City Music Call...and, I hope the blu-ray will be as glorious as imagened...

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Incredible MSRP on this even with the double dip of Singin' in the Rain. It appears Warner is expecting a lot of demand for these titles and the unbridled enthusiasm here points in that direction. This is a day one purchase for me. Hopefully, we'll start to see some more 3-strip Technicolor titles make their debut on blu going forward. And, yes, I know Kiss Me Kate was filmed in AnscoColor, print by Technicolor.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
"Calamity Jane" and the others have been wildly popular on DVD so yes I think Warners is expecting nice returns on these Blu-ray editions.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Interestingly, the three films under discussion were all nominated for the 1953 Oscar for "Scoring of a Musical Picture." They all lost to the eventual winner Call Me Madam (Alfred Newman), but I wonder if that had any bearing at all on their selection for this box set?

And if Fox wants to send Call Me Madam over to Twilight Time, I'll be perfectly fine with that.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
lukejosephchung said:
Will be ordering the box set...even with the double-dip for "Singin' In The Rain", it works out to under $12/disc list price...and I'm sure Amazon will be discounting it even more!!! :thumbs-up-smiley:
Oh, fine, I just HAD to go win that big Singin' UE box in the HTF contest, a year back. ;)

(Seriously, I'm just a fan of the movie, so if there are any Ultimate Edition Box fans, let me know, I'd be open to a deal, and it would give me an excuse to get the collection with Band Wagon included....I'm passable on Calamity Jane, but three out of four ain't bad.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks