What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Warner Musical Collection (Calamity Jane, The Band Wagon, Kiss Me Kate 3D) - 3/3/15! (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.
Are there anywhere definite specs which language tracks each of the four discs will carry?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Musicals-4-Movie-Collection-Blu-ray/117332/#Reviewsays:

English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
French: Dolby Digital Mono
Spanish: Dolby Digital Mono
Portuguese: Dolby Digital Mono
German: DTS-HD Master Audio Mono
Italian: Dolby Digital Mono
Czech: Dolby Digital Mono
Polish: Dolby Digital Mono

without dividing up the four movies.

The backsides of the covers on amazon only specify English, French and Spanish so far.

Edward Weinman

Stunt Coordinator
"Deep In My Heart", looked very, very good in DVD. The sound track was re-mixed to stereo, I believe, for the musical numbers and sound wonderful.

This musical, which I love for the rich musical numbers and outstanding performers, would look great in blu-ray.

...wb?...

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
A friend recommended DEEP IN MY HEART to me largely due to the soundtrack. Very fine for a dvd. The film originally was mixed for three channel stereo sound. This is from the time when Hollywood was starting to use stereophonic sound. The film itself is a mixed bag, though it has an incredibly sensual dance number with Cyd Charisse and James Mitchell as well as the only film of Gene Kelly dancing with his lesser known brother. The plotline is pretty cheesy and Jose Ferrer has a very odd number where he plays all the parts in a musical.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Jim*Tod said:
A friend recommended DEEP IN MY HEART to me largely due to the soundtrack. Very fine for a dvd. The film originally was mixed for three channel stereo sound. This is from the time when Hollywood was starting to use stereophonic sound. The film itself is a mixed bag, though it has an incredibly sensual dance number with Cyd Charisse and James Mitchell as well as the only film of Gene Kelly dancing with his lesser known brother. The plotline is pretty cheesy and Jose Ferrer has a very odd number where he plays all the parts in a musical.

It's on Warner Instant Archive, which has gotten me on a kick for looking up lesser-known studio musicals--Especially, after Cover Girl, lesser known Kelly appearances outside of the big Warner/MGM Freeds everyone knows by heart. And having Stanley Donen on it can't hurt.

(Although I still keep picturing the Benny Hill gag where we see the widescreen title aired in cut-off 4:3:

"Deep in My EAR" :lol: )

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Edward Weinman said:
"Deep In My Heart", looked very, very good in DVD.

Yes, and that is why I will not be surprised if it suddenly appears on a Warner Archive Blu-ray disc.

Jim*Tod

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
DEEP IN MY HEART also has a number with Ann Miller where they re-use a lot of costumes from SINGIN' IN THE RAIN, made only a couple of years earlier.

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
Just an fyi - the song it is credited to "Artists and Models" in this film but it is actually a number from "The Desert Song" performed by the comic characters of Benny and Susan. And in the verse, the original lyric "sex" is changed to "sex appeal" -- musn't upset those censors!!

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks