What's new

The Beatles Anthology DVD. (1 Viewer)

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
50 MINUTES of BONUS footage!!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: Please let the 'Real Love' video be 4 minutes of that.
DD & DTS 5.1 !?!?!
EXCELLENT!!!!
It looks like The Anthology will be the most expensive DVD set I will have bought, as was the LD set.
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEEEAAAAAH!!!

Danny_N

Second Unit
Real Name
Danny
April 1? Excellent news :emoji_thumbsup:. 2003 is turning into a really amazing year for DVD with all the classic movies coming out and now this real evidence of the impending release of The Anthology. This will be the release of the year for me.

Matt Hetzler

Stunt Coordinator
YES!!

Best news I have heard in awhile! 50 minutes of bonus footage!!!! DTS sound!!!

I can't wait!!!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Amazon.com just updated their database, and The Beatles Anthology is available for pre-order here.
Release date is 4/1/03, and MSRP is $79.98. It is available now for $59.99.

Ken Stuart

Second Unit
Anthology DVD set is already number TEN at Amazon !
Has anything positive ever actually happened on April 1 ? Usually, things are put off a day, in order not to be lost amongst the April Foolery. Has April 1st been a Tuesday since DVD came into being?
PS
Grace Kelly = Most Beautiful Woman Ever
I would say "most beautiful celebrity ever". I swear I've seen girls packing groceries at supermarkets more beautiful than anyone on TV or in movies. And we have no way of knowing what "Helen of Troy" actually looked like. :)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Beauty has more to it than physical appearance - Grace Kelly had an elegance and charm about her that puts her over the top. ;)
Of course, that opinion will change when I meet someone to marry. :D

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
DD and DTS sound?? Oh man, I am going to be in Heaven!! :) April Fool's Day can't get here fast enough this year!

Alex Shk

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they present the sound taken from any mono source as 2.0. Faux surround sound is nasty (re - A Hard Days Night), and "center channel only" of a musical performance isn't very musical.

Paul Case

Supporting Actor
I hope they present the sound taken from any mono source as 2.0. Faux surround sound is nasty (re - A Hard Days Night), and "center channel only" of a musical performance isn't very musical.
Excellent point. Hopefully they did a better job on Anthology than they did on A Hard Day's Night. A Hard Day's Night wasn't overseen by Apple, though, was it? I feel like we shouldn't have to worry as much since the Beatles have been directly involved with the Anthology release. They have pretty good ears. ;)

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Miramax's A Hard Day's Night wasn't overseen by Apple, however Ron Furmanek (who worked on the audio for the first release of the Anthology) did work on it.

I am not sure who is supposed to have supervised the new 5.1 version of Anthology

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Miramax's A Hard Day's Night wasn't overseen by Apple, however Ron Furmanek (who worked on the audio for the first release of the Anthology) did work on it.
From what I understand, Ron F. restored the original MONO audio for A Hard Day's Night (the mono had been ruined by the early-1980's "Dolby Stereo" theatrical reissue and subsequent video releases) and had nothing to do with that awful 5.1 mix.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
I am not sure who is supposed to have supervised the new 5.1 version of Anthology
I would suspect the same team that did the "Yellow Submarine" DVD. Peter Cobbin and Peter Mew. I think they did a great job on Yellow so It looks good for a great 5:1 mix on Anthology....

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Read the RS article. Did I miss the part wherein it states that the Let it Be album will be re-released sans the Spector-ization. I know it was alluded to in the article and the interview will Ringo, but is this a definite release?

For that matter, any possibility of remastered versions of other Beatles albums, something on par with Yellow Submarine from 1999?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Yes, plans are to release a Let It Be CD "as nature intended" without the orchestrations in conjunction with the DVD release.
See here, and check back often:
Link Removed
-paul

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
OK, now before we spin this thread wildly off topic I would like to ask if this has truly been confirmed or is this an April fool's joke? I mean I can't be the only person who see's the April 1st date as being rather dubious.
Also, is it absolutely certain that The Complete Beatles is legally extinct from any future video release? As a fan of the film I think that would be a true shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks